Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has your support the most
Trump is my guy. 15 65.22%
Bannon represents the true values of the alt/right...I'll stick with him 4 17.39%
I'll support both..no matter how far apart they get 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:22 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's hard to take the wacko lefties serious when we all know if he didn't do what the generals said,
then you would criticize him for that too.

The left has zero credibility left on any issue period...and this is the part where I laugh at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1JCrE_4BiM

And you did believe him.

This is the part where we laugh at you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:23 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
It's hard to take the wacko lefties serious when we all know if he didn't do what the generals said,
then you would criticize him for that too.

The left has zero credibility left on any issue period...and this is the part where I laugh at you.
Trump's critics now span the gamut from left to right. And every day more folks on the right are seeing the light and realizing what a disaster Trump is.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:23 AM

8,487 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Afghanistan is pretty much like Vietnam. The initial mistake of involvement compounded by Presidents and Generals worried about their reputations if they pulled out of a conflict and allowed the other side to win. Something like 900 billion spent and nothing to show. How many more American service people will die or be injured to satisfy the power elites egos.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:24 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with Trump... my understanding is the top generals want to expand on it. This is a non-partisan issue just like North Korea and the South China Sea issue. Trump isn't a military expert just like Obama wasn't.
This is far and away the weakest deflection I've heard yet in defense of Trump on this one. It has EVERYTHING to do with Trump. He is the person in charge. He makes this decision. For years he has opposed U.S. efforts in Afghanistan. During his campaign he said he knew more than the generals. This is a 100% reversal on his original stance and many on his base aren't happy about it. I lean left and I'm not happy about more troops over there. Even 5,000.

The problem isn't that Trump isn't a military expert (like Obama wasn't), it's that Trump isn't an expert on anything to do with being the President. It's why he's flip-flopping on issues. It's why he's unable to deliver on so many of his promises. It's why he has exceptionally high turnover in key positions. It's why he sounds laughably stupid when he talks )"who knew healthcare could be so complicated?"). Because he knows nothing about what he's doing. He deserves no defense on this one. And clinging to a couple of excerpts from his address last night to justify this massive flip flop is just plain said. He's a lair. And what's worse, he's completely incompetent.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
This is from the Daily Mail, so I don't know if it is true, but if it is, it is hilarious.

"How Trump was convinced to send more troops to Afghanistan - by top general showing him picture of women in 1970s Kabul in mini-skirts.."

McMaster lobbied Trump with Afghanistan miniskirt photo | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-22-2017, 10:39 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
You can't just 'pull out'. That would be un-manly.

You need to stick it to them as long as you can.

With 'them' primarily being the American tax payer.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:41 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
After trillions spent and sixteen years of not winning, how could "just pulling out" make it worse?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:42 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with Trump... my understanding is the top generals want to expand on it. This is a non-partisan issue just like North Korea and the South China Sea issue. Trump isn't a military expert just like Obama wasn't.

Can you name any American wars in history the top generals didn't want to expand on?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How is Afghanistan important to Americans?

Opium poppies?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:53 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Look, Trumpsters, this should be a wake up call for you all. Trump is not going to do what he promised you he was going to do.
He's not going to pull out of Afghanistan and stop meddling in other nations.
He's not going to repeal Obamacare on the first day or any day.
He's not going to reform the tax code
He's not going to build the wall and have Mexico pay for it.
He's not going to bring coal back and employ all the coal miners.
He's not going to create all the high paying jobs that disappeared.
He's not going to bring the nation together, rather he is deliberately pulling the nation apart.

After all is said and done, we, meaning you Trumpsters and us liberals, are all Americans first and we have a history of being different but able to work together for a common good and our nation has prospered because of it.

Trump doesn't represent you, nor abide by your values. He never did. He told you what you wanted to hear like any good salesman. He won the presidency by walking on the backs of the liberal progressive faction. He's an open White supremacist and sooner or later he'll come after you.

Lets put things in perspective and start to agree that we are all Americans first and stand up to Trump. It's only the American people through their representatives that can keep Trump in line.
Let's work together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies