Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:07 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,449,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Plese do some research before you post a duplicate thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rotecting.html

Maybe if you can restrain your hate you would see this was already posted 3 hours ago-it already has 41 replies.
care to address the topic or is that you can't think of an anti-Hillary/Obama come back at this time to deflect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 11:18 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Personally, I have thought Trump is a jackass for 35+ years.

But as a nation, I believe we owe it to ourselves to protect whoever holds the office of POTUS with whatever it takes.
I agree, IF POTUS uses the funds wisely. Going on vacation to Trump's resorts every weekend is not using the funds wisely. That is why he has blown through the entire budget already.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
Trump has traveled 41 times to his resort properties in FL, NJ, and VA.

It'd be more tolerable if he was traveling to those coal mines he alleges he'll revive or official state visits but he's funneling taxpayer money into his properties.

USA Today: Secret Service Depletes Funds to Pay Agents because of Donald Trump's Frequent Travel, Large Family
^^^ This is a large part of the problem. Remember how he was going to work so hard that he would 'never leave the WH?"

He needs to sit down and do his job and see if he can accomplish something .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It's not just him. It's Ivanka's frequent luxury vacation trips (to the point where SS had to buy skis and equipment), Eric and Lil Donny Jr.'s business trips all over the world, Tiffany and Marla's European vacation. It is absurd.

I really see no justification as to why the taxpayers have to pay for the international private business travel. It is out of control, and it certainly is going to lend no credibility to Trump talking about a budget.

The Trump family should either chip in for these excesses or learn what the word 'sacrifice' means.
It's utterly ridiculous. His worshipers think he is Mr. Wonderful for donating his salary - meanwhile he's bankrupting us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
He's been in office...what...seven months? It calls into question his business acumen. CEOs deal with budgets, so what's his excuse for the cost overrun so early in his first year of office?
Now we know why all those businesses went bankrupt and why he has to have Russian banks lend him money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I wonder if we will start seeing resignations in that agency.

That should please Trump, he is looking for ways to cut the federal budget of wasteful spending.
They already are seeing resignations.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:22 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,120,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i would love to see him do that.
he needs to start acting like a fiscal conservative.
Fat chance of that, you think a guy who has filed for bankruptcy 4 times knows anything about being a fiscal conservative?

Love how Trumpsters are such hypocrites when it comes to Trump vs Obama travel expenses and are in denial or deflecting .... No, MSM didn't make this up. The guy Trump hired, Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles, revealed the info during an interview.

Maybe Trumpsters can send their own paychecks to SS for continued protection of the Idiot-in-Chief.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ily/529075001/

Old 08-21-2017, 11:32 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,490,731 times
The president's salary is $400K/year - Trump's 3 trips to Mar-a-Lago have cost $10 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
The difference between 1 billion and hundreds of millions is kind of lost on me... somewhere in there I think he has enough money to supplement the SS. :P Just donating his salary to them, versus other depts, would prob be a great help!

Old 08-21-2017, 11:34 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,483,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
The president's salary is $400K/year - Trump's 3 trips to Mar-a-Lago have cost $10 million.
Where does that figure come from? That seems way too outrageous to be true...

But I know, I know, just trying to be optimistic about it. $400k is something.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:41 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,490,731 times
It's costing a fortune to protect the Trump family - Business Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Where does that figure come from? That seems way too outrageous to be true...

But I know, I know, just trying to be optimistic about it. $400k is something.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:48 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,212,936 times
Mueller works needs a speed up, and Congress needs to get busy and have this man removed from office.. he is fleecing the nations, with his entire family on a business and promotional tour for Trump Business, and the American Taxpayer is paying for it.
ENOUGH OF THIS MADNESS ALREADY.... The Gangster Criminal in the White House" has damaged everything he can in and of America and wasting its taxpayer funds on his Property Promotional Outings.... and we have a congress that is sitting foolishly silent and letting him get away with it.

That crapo of claiming, Trump is just being Trump... well, Its time our congress and our justice system put a stop to the madness. All he has done is "play jet setter swindler- fleecing Americans" at the expense of this nation and the resources of this nation. Call it like it is. Trump needs to be Impeached and Removed from Office. This entire family and his circle needs to be locked up and hopefully Mueller can get that accomplished soon.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:59 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,229,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Secret Service nearing spending limit for protecting Trump: report | TheHill

I'm sure he and his family will suspend vacations and personal business travel so that they don't bust the budget, right?
Now this is just straight up ghetto lol

Old 08-21-2017, 11:59 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densi52 View Post
NO, since he spent less money and time on vacation than other recent presidents. Check it out.
Nonsense. And if it's not, post something showing that what you say is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies