Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 10:22 PM

20,622 posts, read 8,390,298 times

Advertisements

Everyone wants to be a youtube star.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 10:23 PM

52,219 posts, read 33,969,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The NAACP of Howard released the following tweet:

What really happened when two Trump supporters went to Howard University | Campus Beat News for College Students | USA TODAY College

The white girls are white supremacists and/or neo-Nazi sympathizers as indicated by wearing MAGA hats?
yep, that's all it takes. great googly-moogly.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:23 PM

11,146 posts, read 10,915,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I guess I got a definition for my thread asking what is "white supremacy" straight from the horse's mouth-Just wearing Trump campaign items or being a Trump voter or supporter.
That is exactly where we're at now and the libs will ride that mind frame right into the 2020 elections.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,474,664 times
*I'm offended!*
*I was offended first!*
*Well, I was offended MORE!*
*No, I was offended first AND MORE!*

Jesus Mary and Joseph - will people just act like adults?

Old 08-21-2017, 10:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,143,101 times
Quote:
What's wrong with them having lunch in the "hood"?

I still don't understand your point?

Are you advocating for segregation, either State-sponsored or self-imposed?
So you're going to play coy like these girls. Okay.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:27 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,234,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So you're going to play coy like these girls. Okay.
You're the one who seemed...and I stressed seemed because you won't elaborate...that something bad will happen to them if they came into the hood for lunch.

I just asked for clarification.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:30 PM

6,441 posts, read 4,011,790 times
I don't agree with the guys attacking the girls etcetera, but why are they trying to fight people.

BTW black colleges exist because blacks weren't allowed to go to white Universities so they had to go to their own. Nowadays their called HBCU's (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) because they were historically black. But if you go there today they can't deny you cause of your race or anything. Howard is only 91% Black for example, they don't say no to people of different colors who want to enter the school its just that many people who aren't black don't look to school at HBCU. currently two HBCUs actually are majority white, so no HBCUs aren't racist.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:30 PM

21,395 posts, read 10,450,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
So anyone advocating POV, such as BLM, should only go where 100% of those viewing them are in agreement with their ideas.
No, I think the act was provocative. They knew the reaction they'd get, and I find it hard to believe high school girls did this on their own. But the students at HU didn't need to react as they did. It's just stupid on both sides. I know if a group of black kids came to a predominately white school wearing Obama t-shirts, nothing would have happened to them. Too bad people didn't just engage with them and ask why they were there doing that. Five years ago that would be the reaction. The nation is becoming a bunch of trolls trying to get a reaction. I blame social media.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,143,101 times
Quote:
You're the one who seemed...and I stressed seemed because you won't elaborate...that something bad will happen to them if they came into the hood for lunch.

I just asked for clarification.
I made it as clear as possible, you're just lost.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:36 PM

8,876 posts, read 11,664,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, I think the act was provocative. They knew the reaction they'd get, and I find it hard to believe high school girls did this on their own. But the students at HU didn't need to react as they did. It's just stupid on both sides. I know if a group of black kids came to a predominately white school wearing Obama t-shirts, nothing would have happened to them. Too bad people didn't just engage with them and ask why they were there doing that. Five years ago that would be the reaction. The nation is becoming a bunch of trolls trying to get a reaction. I blame social media.
If black kids wear Obama t-shirts to a white school, nothing will happen to them because those t-shirts are not racist and don't mean anything. Likewise, the hats those girls wore are not racist and don't mean anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies