Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The Daily Caller.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
No I don't hate Obama . Just saying it's pathetic and sad that Dems think they need him to save their party.
I actually voted for Obama and other Dems before I saw the light .

The Democrat party has changed for the worst over the years .

Obama did not deliver on the promise of being a transformational President .

America has some big problems that need to be solved and Obama and Bush didn't really tackle those issues.

I mean Obama's piece de resistance and legacy was supposed to be Obamacare laughably named the Affordable Care Act yet it turned out to be unaffordable .
Saw the light?

What is it that the Repukes have to offer if you aren't wealthy or Christian or straight?

Old 08-23-2017, 01:41 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Saw the light?

What is it that the Repukes have to offer if you aren't wealthy or Christian or straight?
What's your excuse? Can't get a real job so you want handouts or are you a racist that believes in the Democrat stance of owning slaves and Jim Crow laws?

Old 08-23-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What's your excuse? Can't get a real job so you want handouts?
I have a real job, and make good money (twice the median income for Greater Phoenix), just not C-Suite money, so I'm sorry if I don't have $100k in the bank to pay for some medical emergency. I'm​ sure I'm not alone

Old 08-23-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What's your excuse? Can't get a real job so you want handouts or are you a racist that believes in the Democrat stance of owning slaves and Jim Crow laws?
Noticed you edited your tr@ll post before I finished responding. I am no racist, where do you guys get this stuff? I am a liberal for mainly social reasons with some economic reasons (National Healthcare, keeping SS and progressive taxation). It's like your argument is if someone wants Nationalized healthcare, racist. If they want a minimum wage, racist. If they don't want SS privatized, racist. Come up with a new argument......😒👎

Old 08-26-2017, 10:06 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Quote:
Also, let’s not forget that perhaps the Obama charm faded years ago. He wasn’t able to drag Hillary Clinton across the finish line in 2016—and he did an unprecedented amount of stumping for her. Yet, let’s go back to something conservative commentator George Will said that undercut the former president’s supposed power of speech in 2009, which is that the more he talked about Obamacare, the more it became unpopular; he campaigned for Jon Corzine for governor in New Jersey, Chris Christie won. He campaigned against Republican Bob McDonnell in Virginia, and McDonnell won. He campaigned in Massachusetts’s special senate election against Scott Brown for Senate when the late Ted Kennedy passed away; Brown won. At the outset of his presidency, he tried to get Chicago to host the 2016 Summer Olympics; Chicago was booted in the first round of voting. Obama may excite Democrats for 2018, but as Jon Ossoff’s loss in GA-06, enthusiasm may not be enough to win.

Obama is a big draw for the Left, but he also oversaw it's steep decline.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...lemma-n2372362

Old 08-26-2017, 10:11 AM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Pathetic
---
Democratic strategists are hopeful that former President Barack Obama could lead the party ahead of the 2018 midterm elections next year, but some senators argue he needs to stand back and allow new leadership to take charge, according to a Monday report.

“Democrats badly need Barack Obama,” Democratic strategist Brad Bannon told The Hill. “He offers such a vivid contrast to Trump in behavior and temperament … He always sounded reasonable and acted responsibly even if you disagreed with him. None of the potential Democratic presidential candidates have the visibility or credibility to be effective.”

His method of deception that was easy to see through.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:10 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
His method of deception that was easy to see through.
I hear Howard Dean is telling Obummer to stay away because Trump will tear into him faster than Rosie O'Donell with a bucket of KFC

Old 08-26-2017, 01:25 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,961,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
"Pathetic" in what respect ? Or is it just that you hate Obama ?

Like him or not, Former President Obama was all the things they mentioned.........reasonable, stable, and more. People still go crazy when they see him, and he is very inspirational and knows what he is talking about.

The Democratic party does need a strong leader to emerge and help them win local and national elections again. Nothing wrong with calling in your heavy hitter when the game is tied at the end of the 9th. He wil do them nothing but good, and I am happy to see him back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I301LbW-rAA
I'll give him that much, he does know what is talking about.

THE UNFORTUNATE THING is that what he was often saying people were not hearing but hearing something else......and I very much believed he knew that, too!

Old 08-27-2017, 05:41 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I'll give him that much, he does know what is talking about.

THE UNFORTUNATE THING is that what he was often saying people were not hearing but hearing something else......and I very much believed he knew that, too!
No, the problem was, he ended up doing something other than what he was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies