Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 07:45 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times

Advertisements

http://www.whowhatwear.com/michelle-...designer-style

Michelle Obama wears Versace gown at Barack's last state dinner | Daily Mail Online

Old 08-22-2017, 07:47 AM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
I saw this story on the front page of several 'reputable' newspapers. Are Instagram wars over clothing considered news these days? I'm beginning to wonder if manufacturers of hypertensive meds are behind this let's-be-outrage-at-every-damn-thing trend.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-22-2017 at 08:03 AM..

Old 08-22-2017, 07:47 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If Michelle Obama posted the same exact thing all Dems would say what great taste she has . wow how glamorous!
"America's most beautiful woman !"

She wore designer clothing too . Does that mean she is clueless about the working class too ?

She should of worn hand me downs and Kmart clearance dresses ?

BUT she didn't b/c she knew her place as FLOTUS. Melania Trump isn't going around doing this either. Nice over reach though with the IF statement.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
BUT she didn't b/c she knew her place as FLOTUS. Melania Trump isn't going around doing this either. Nice over reach though with the IF statement.
I don't know if she hashtagged designers before but she wore designer brands countless times .
This is just another example of the pettiness of the left .

What does wearing or hash tagging designer brands have to do with not carrying about the poor ?

Like I said the reaction was pure jealousy and envy .

They pay millions in taxes , doesn't some of that money go to the "working class" ?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I saw this story on the front page of several 'reputable' newspapers. Are Instagram wars over clothing considered news these days? I'm beginning to wonder if manufacturers of hypertensive meds are behind this let's-be-outrage-at-every-damn-thing trend.
No doubt what used to be reserved for tabloids is front page on the "reputable" news sources .

Old 08-22-2017, 08:21 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,964 times
She has no class.
You don't advertise designer labels while on a government trip.
Who would hashtag a designer labels.anyway?
She sounds.like one of those awful 'real housewives'

Old 08-22-2017, 08:28 AM

How did she "brag about travel on government plane "?

I guess every single thing posted on social media could be spun as a brag though .

I mean you could post that you went out to a nice dinner with family and then people would say how dare you .. you should be eating McDonald's .. don't you know there's poor people in the world ?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,209,043 times
Quote:
I don't know if she hashtagged designers before but she wore designer brands countless times .

I'm with Noc on this one- Obama never hash tagged or bragged about designers. Nor did Laura Bush or Trump. They all allowed the designers to release statements on the clothes or for their press secretaries to verify who the designers were- which was a help to the designers.

I might have varying levels of approval for the husbands but none of the wives displayed the same level of tackiness as this guy's wife. If you find any instances please share them.

I think this selfie/instagram/label wh**ing fetish is rotting people's brains. If the lady were that important people would seek the information instead of her bleating it out...

Old 08-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,408 times
Quote:

What does wearing or hash tagging designer brands have to do with not carrying about the poor ?

Like I said the reaction was pure jealousy and envy .

They pay millions in taxes , doesn't some of that money go to the "working class" ?
You're talking about the pettiness of the left yet you are doing the same exact thing but you are insinuating IF Michelle Obama did it which she didn't, so it makes you look worse.

The reaction might be overblown by some on the left especially the folks piling on after the first dozen comments. But the photo and hashtagging is not a good look for someone getting off of a gov't plane while Trump supporters and people who didn't vote for Clinton are still waiting for campaign promises to be fore-filled. It's the perception of the photo not the facts behind it.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:43 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
what the hell?

gotta say I love social media for showing us how clueless and classless people can be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies