Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 04:55 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
not true

Trump is more popular than Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi's Democratic Party

if you want to still run though on "we're not that guy" be my guest
I never said to run on that platform, in fact I have posted otherwise on this forum. Thing is trump is not all that popular with many Repubs and sure as heck is not popular with Moderates or Libs, he just provides them with an awful alternative to their guy. The GOP needs to get something major accomplished or the Dems Will be pointing out that even with all the power the Repubs are incapable of leading, the Repubs will have little in the way of a reply that voters will buy, oh except for the diehard trump supporters that really are a minority when it comes to the overall scheme of things. The fate of the GOP is in their own hands, do well and retain power, do badly and find a new job, is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,713 posts, read 4,733,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Nawww, really? The man has two chambers of Congress, yet can't get anything passed.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/900102754160521222
I think this is a good thing. The GOP being split into two means less power & more opportunity for non corporate controlled candidates. Same way I feel about the split in the Democratic Party. The more BLM, Antifa, La Raza, Al Franken, Keith Ellison, Maxine Walters & Michael Moore speak and the more press they get, the more the reasonable Democrats want nothing to do with the racists & extremists. The country is much better off with four main voting groups, rather than two.

15,596 posts, read 10,338,024 times
Was this a direct quote from McConnell on the record in the NYTimes article or another anonymous sources quote? The NYTimes has the credibility of the National Inquirer with me as both write stories based on anonymous sources.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:58 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,919,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Is this the same Mitch McConnell that has an 18% approval rating in Kentucky?
Somebody has their knickers in a major wad.
Indeed it is. Then there is the other RINO, Mr. Bob Corker, that is looking like he might (god willing) be defenstrated during the primary.

Wonder what these two have in common? What could it be...

Old 08-22-2017, 05:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
McConnell is in the "he's not one of us camp" that feels they belong to some society where you must be invited to enter.

I'm no Trump fan, but I enjoy that he crashed their private party.

The Democrats are even a bit worse, just look what they did to Bernie.
McConnell may not personally like Trump but he was perfectly happy to work with him to pass an agenda.

Then Trump saw fit to trash talk him on twitter and everywhere else and now McConnell is trash talking trump.

Junior High 101.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:20 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
McConnell may not personally like Trump but he was perfectly happy to work with him to pass an agenda.

Then Trump saw fit to trash talk him on twitter and everywhere else and now McConnell is trash talking trump.

Junior High 101.
Trump is so stupid he thought he could publicly trash talk McConnell and McConnell would continue to support him and work with him. That's how stupid Trump is.

Who could have ever predicted that a Republican White House and Republican Congress could be so much fun for the left? As long as they keep at each other's throats nothing gets done, with the added benefit that we are entertained in the meantime. Works for me.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:22 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,385,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Was this a direct quote from McConnell on the record in the NYTimes article or another anonymous sources quote? The NYTimes has the credibility of the National Inquirer with me as both write stories based on anonymous sources.
You obviously have no knowledge of journalism or what constitutes legitimate news.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:27 PM

6,253 posts, read 5,052,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Trump is the best thing that ever happened..............for the Dems, the longer he is in office the more damage he does to the GOP, they could not have hired a better insider to attack the GOP, or did they........
Ask how many of those who voted for Trump care? There is a steady clarity that many conservatives have, that many liberals don't understand.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:32 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,427,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There is a steady clarity that many conservatives have, that many liberals don't understand.
We understand. It's very clear. We just don't agree.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Ask how many of those who voted for Trump care? There is a steady clarity that many conservatives have, that many liberals don't understand.
You may not like the GOP but Trump needs them to pass ANY legislation. One would think he would realize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies