Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 05:24 PM

72,838 posts, read 62,239,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
No kidding. Think the Turpins.
Or the meth dealers that live in county I live in.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Not necessary. What needs to be done is to have expectations spelled out from the get-go, before the kids are even in school. That is the job of the parents. Parents thoroughly vested in their children's future and education can make a teacher's job a breeze.

My nephews are scholar-athletes, competing in multiple varsity sports and both have school averages in the 90's. That doesn't come merely from natural ability, it also comes from having TWO parents actively focused and involved in both these kids' lives and making their expectations clear from early on.
Good behavior at school starts at home with the parents. If the parents are not teaching the children properly, that will cause problems. Having the expectations laid out will produce the excellence that your nephews are showing.

As for "corporal punishment", this is the ghetto we're talking about. Milwaukee Public Schools. Chances are, alot of those kids have gotten beatings at home.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 27 days ago)

34,601 posts, read 16,662,916 times
Here we go again, There's been no arrest made but I'd be willing to venture a guess and give good odds that this situation is just such as case, 'Are you going to cry to ya' mommy?': Thug taunts 5-year-old after subway attack, except this time the victim was a five year old rather than a grown teacher. I shouldn't be too hard on the guy. Maybe he had a tough day at the office. Maybe his professional colleagues didn't like his work product. Maybe he was angry about Donald Trump.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Here we go again, There's been no arrest made but I'd be willing to venture a guess and give good odds that this situation is just such as case, 'Are you going to cry to ya' mommy?': Thug taunts 5-year-old after subway attack, except this time the victim was a five year old rather than a grown teacher. I shouldn't be too hard on the guy. Maybe he had a tough day at the office. Maybe his professional colleagues didn't like his work product. Maybe he was angry about Donald Trump.
Now is not the time for sarcasm. As It is, if he does get arrested, he might not survive jail. People who hurt children for the fun of it get beaten badly by other prisoners.

That attacker would have likely done this to a teacher as well. He saw the child as a target. I read part of the article. Mother and brother were there. No father. No grown man. The attacker is likely some angry, hateful man looking for someone to beat up and wanted an easy target.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:40 PM

911 posts, read 259,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess
Extended cut shows the full interaction.

Clear violation of the non-aggression principle by the student.

Scumbag.
Iidot deserves the same treatment!!!!!

Teacher probably gave him a D on a report and he got mad...... Idiot

Old 03-28-2018, 12:57 AM

12,915 posts, read 7,083,943 times
This happened in my high school in the 80's about like this teacher asked some 17 year old who came in late to go to the principle office argument lead to teacher being punched and kicked. Kid got year in county jail tried and an adult he was 18 by the time it worked its way though courts was convicted with felony aggravated assault because he kicked the teacher in the head when the was down teacher spent a few days in the hospital teacher sued the parents won 150k he was out of work with headaches for about 6 months. Don't know what happend to him after that he was school bully we were glad to see him gone.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo View Post
Iidot deserves the same treatment!!!!!

Teacher probably gave him a D on a report and he got mad...... Idiot
Said idiot is likely used to living violently.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:14 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,053,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sadly this is not actually something new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I saw a teacher punched out in the '70s. No cameras then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
This is nothing new. We had kids punching teachers back when I was going to school. .

You all beat me to it (several months ago), I was going to say the same thing.

How many times is a teacher assaulted by a student every single day in the United States? I would say dozens. This is nothing new, I saw a kid get into a fight with my history teacher in 1989, but we didn't have camera phones back then so it wasn't on the internet for the world to see. Troubled kids with problems at home, along with little to no discipline, lash out physically at teachers all the time.

The kid in the OP's video will be expelled and most likely face criminal charges. Justice will be served.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This happened in my high school in the 80's about like this teacher asked some 17 year old who came in late to go to the principle office argument lead to teacher being punched and kicked. Kid got year in county jail tried and an adult he was 18 by the time it worked its way though courts was convicted with felony aggravated assault because he kicked the teacher in the head when the was down teacher spent a few days in the hospital teacher sued the parents won 150k he was out of work with headaches for about 6 months. Don't know what happend to him after that he was school bully we were glad to see him gone.
Said school bully might be dead or in prison. People who live violently and are used to it often meet early deaths or spend their lives in and out of prison. For some, they commit murder and end up with a life sentence and/or death row.

That teacher, I wonder if he ever taught again.

The thing is is. For these violent kids in the schools, violence is normal to them. Being violent is normal for them. How do you solve that problem, especially after age 15?

Old 03-29-2018, 07:21 AM

23,380 posts, read 17,055,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Watched, and was horrified. That kind of violence is never okay, and I hope the kid receives an appropriate sentence. However, yes, he is presumed innocent until he has had his day in court. If you dislike that, please take it up with the men who wrote the Constitution. Allowing anyone a fair trial means we have to allow everyone a fair trial.
Yep, expunge his violent physical attack once he reaches his 21st birthday, seal the records and he's good to purchase a firearm.

You think the justice system needs to be turned upside down and rebuilt?

average gang member is 15 years old. which means there are plenty of gang member younger than 15.

Not saying this kid was a gang member but some communities are replacing legislated law with gang rules. No clue you can't physically attack someone if you perceive that they diss'd you or said a word you didn't like.

Most teachers quit after the first year. So much for teacher unions and conscripted teacher pay. Tenure is required to protect teachers from other teachers that climb the ladder to administrative positions where they can fire teachers......

Legislators will never get the the heart of the problem of widespread violence. To complicated for their unimaginative brains, and what the heck, plenty of people satisfied with bumper sticker legislation which serves more as a symbol than a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies