Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 07:30 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times

Advertisements

Did not watch the clown rally, but on Morning Joe today, the discussion was quite focused on Trump's lunacy last night. They all heard the nutjob in chief threaten to shut down the government, claim the media hates the country, bash the AZ senator with brain cancer while in his state, threaten to pardon his corrupt crony pal Arpaio, and go off the rails to the point where the discussion then turned to the question of when Congress would call Trump's sanity into question and do something about it.

But perhaps some of the brainwashed people didn't hear it as they screamed adulation at their idol.

The clips of Trump and his crowd that were shown reminded me of an Altman movie from the 70s--a parody of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 07:36 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Stop that right now!! You are quoting Trump which is completely anathema to
Trump supporters who call Trump quotes fake news because real news
should not quote Trump quotes verbatim because Trump does not mean
what he says and it is therefore fake news to quote Trump because
if real news wanted to quote Trump accurately it would not quote him at all.
Good synopsis. T will say the opposite tomorrow so there is no reason to believe anything thing that he says.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I imagine that if Congress passes the necessary bill to raise the debt ceiling (apparently must be done by mid October) and/or pass a 2018 budget (due by September 30th, although legislation often 'kicks the can' down the road), and Mr. Trump veto's said bill(s), that Congress will quickly override the veto.

Mr. Trump is indeed uniting Congress!

And they said it could never be done.
Oh, man, I hope he does veto the bill to raise the debt ceiling. Then Congress can embarrass the hell out of him when they override his veto by huge, bipartisan margins. Please, please, please, Mr. President, veto it!

Do it, Mr. President. I dare you!

You know he's stupid enough--that part is not in question.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
"If we have to close down our government, we’re building that wall,” Trump told thousands of supporters gathered in Phoenix for a campaign-style rally. “One way or the other, we’re going to get that wall.”

Sounds pretty clear to me.

WHAT a whiny, petulant little brat.

If I can't have my way I'll take my ball and go home.

Man up Donny!

Old 08-23-2017, 07:58 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I'm game. Love those unexpected Autumn vacations. If Congress allows taxpayer money to be wasted on a useless wall that smugglers will simply tunnel underneath, they should all be voted out of office. Counting on a major battle over the federal budget in a few weeks, already booked a Panama vacation��

It's not a useless wall. Congress already approved 700 miles of wall along the most porous areas of our border back in 2006. That's all we need. Where those types of walls are already erected they weren't tunneled under and were very effective. I guess you don't mind the $113 billion that illegals cost us every year yet you cry about a $25 billion wall?

http://archive.azcentral.com/news/ar...ll0331-ON.html

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 08-23-2017, 07:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Man up Donny!
Or pull a Palin

Old 08-23-2017, 08:02 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Or pull a Palin
I've been saying this for months. This is how he leaves the White House. He'll hold a press conference claiming that the big, bad, librul media has made it impossible for him to do his job, so he--[SOB!]--has no choice but to resign. And the same brain dead idiots who bought it from the half-term quitter will buy it from him.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Man up Donny!

How soon you lefties forget.

White House: Obama will shut down the government with a veto if the GOP tries to stop amnesty - Hot Air Hot Air

Old 08-23-2017, 08:07 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
So, I guess despite all the BS to the contrary, Trump's just another lying politician who promised a wall paid for by Mexico who now sings the blues that US taxpayers won't pay.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
A shut down can potentially do way more damage than not building the wall.

But you see Trump's ego is so fragile he would sacrifice the quality of life of more Americans just to get his beloved wall up.

How about he crowd sources the wall. Those that want it -- pay for it.

It's not Trump's wall. It was already approved by congress back in 2006. Sure, you anti-wall people pick up the tab for the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us every single year and we will be glad to pick up the one time tab for the $25 billion wall. Do we have a deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies