Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times

Advertisements

I keep waiting for the Ivanka and globalist softening influence, for President Trump to turn more mainstream but tonight he came out firing on all cylinders.

Called the people taking down Confederate statue weak weak people doing it in the middle of the night,"They are trying to take away our history and our heritage" , blasted the media every which way, cnn sucks chants and mocked so many of the media , "I really think they don't like our country. I really believe that," Trump said of the media.

Threatened to shut down the government if wall isnt built, end nafta, spoke warmly of joe arpaio,mentioned flake "your other senator who is weak on borders and weak on crime." Spoke forcefully on stopping illegal immigration and border security

The media really need to take heed that all that stuff of bannon being the mastermind might be dead wrong and we have a real nationalist and populist right winger in the white house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 11:58 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
I don't think Trump is a populist, who by definition is seeking to represent the interests of the American people. So far it appears that the Trump administration is representing the interests of the top 1 %, Wall St., and corporate America.

Steve Bannon is not even your average conservative right-wing. If anything he is an anarchist who wants to bring down the existing order including the Democratic and Republican parties. So I guess Trump is more right-wing than Bannon.

Both have a twisted exclusionary view of nationalism that ignores the fact that many cultures have contributed to American culture, not only white European.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:09 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
The media really need to take heed that all that stuff of bannon being the mastermind might be dead wrong and we have a real nationalist and populist right winger in the white house.
It doesn't fit their Media Matters narrative of Trump being a buffoon. The joke's on them.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:11 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Both have a twisted exclusionary view of nationalism that ignores the fact that many cultures have contributed to American culture, not only white European.
Where on earth did you get that silly idea? Don Lemon? Start reading Breitbart and learn something for a change.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It doesn't fit their Media Matters narrative of Trump being a buffoon. The joke's on them.
His speeches are just amazing, just like the speech he gave before congress. Tonight he understood who elected him and why.

I dont always trust the people he has around him but Trump is amazing. My dad said reagan was the greatest politician he he has seen but even he admits that President Trump is on a whole different level in being in touch with the the zeitgeist. He knows the issues to talk about and he delivers these speeches with force

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/895081686681124864

Old 08-23-2017, 01:43 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
trump has one trick and clearly it continues to work on the feeble minded.

Sadly these fools will follow him right over the cliff and smile and cheer as fleeces them on the way down.

above we see FL absolutely in love with Trump despite Trump going against everything he promised and everything FL has spent the last few months cheering for.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:54 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't think Trump is a populist, who by definition is seeking to represent the interests of the American people. So far it appears that the Trump administration is representing the interests of the top 1 %, Wall St., and corporate America.

Steve Bannon is not even your average conservative right-wing. If anything he is an anarchist who wants to bring down the existing order including the Democratic and Republican parties. So I guess Trump is more right-wing than Bannon.

Populism is not the private property of either the left or the right. In the sense of party affiliation, it is neutral. I agree: Trump is not a real populist, although he tries to sound like one. The problem is, his "populism" really doesn't seem to run any deeper than an eagerness to scapegoat immigrants and Muslims, and tap into people's fear of them. His economic policies? Not so populist. As far as I have seen so far, his talk about concern for the "common man" is nothing but a lot of window dressing.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
trump has one trick and clearly it continues to work on the feeble minded.

Sadly these fools will follow him right over the cliff and smile and cheer as fleeces them on the way down.

above we see FL absolutely in love with Trump despite Trump going against everything he promised and everything FL has spent the last few months cheering for.
No feeble minded followers are people who believed all the hype of the browning of america of america and the fake "Hope" brought by obama. he did nothing for his base in inner city america but get 45 million people on food stamps,up 40% under obama, rise debt levels to all time highs , more than any other president by a longshot. Up to 19 trillion, up 80 percent.

tons of millennial s living at home with huge college debt as low paying jobs without benefits exploded. Now wonder Trump is so popular with millennial white voters, even whites in genration z

Obama inflaming racial tensions bu encouraging blm riots from ferguson to charlotte Baltimore

Dems bought into the whole bs about the new obama coalition and got burned , she had to win the media promised.

"relax donald trump cant win"

https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-cant-win/

Why HuffPost's Presidential Forecast Didn't See A Donald Trump Win Coming | The Huffington Post

Our model predicted that Democrat Hillary Clinton had a 98 percent chance of being elected. That was more pro-Clinton than most other forecast models (although all of them predicted a Clinton win). Our model said five Senate seats would shift from Republican to Democratic, giving Democrats a likely majority.

Hillary Clinton has an 85% chance to win. NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-forecast.html

L.A. Times

Clinton 352, Trump 186

Moody’s Analytics

Clinton 332, Trump 206

Rothenberg & Gonzales

Clinton 323, Trump 197

Princeton

Clinton 228, Trump 164

FiveThirtyEight

Clinton 302, Trump 235

Old 08-23-2017, 11:12 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I keep waiting for the Ivanka and globalist softening influence, for President Trump to turn more mainstream but tonight he came out firing on all cylinders.

Called the people taking down Confederate statue weak weak people doing it in the middle of the night,"They are trying to take away our history and our heritage" , blasted the media every which way, cnn sucks chants and mocked so many of the media , "I really think they don't like our country. I really believe that," Trump said of the media.

Threatened to shut down the government if wall isnt built, end nafta, spoke warmly of joe arpaio,mentioned flake "your other senator who is weak on borders and weak on crime." Spoke forcefully on stopping illegal immigration and border security

You are right. Trump has revealed his true colors, he sees himself as the new face of American fascism, and he thinks people in this country are so stupid that they don't understand his game. The main difference between Bannon and Trump is that Bannon is a lot smarter. If Trump prevails with his agenda I suspect they will come back together again at some point.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:16 AM

The president needs a weekly rally or speech. I havent seen one right wing commentator who wasnt thrilled

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...82100590927874
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies