Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 PM

62 posts, read 37,729 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-s...224559792.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,334,667 times
More and more I have more anger towards the mitch McConnells and paul ryans than I do even with the nancy pelosi, chuck schumers,Dims etc. The democrats are just weak and a train wreck, guys like mcconnell, ryan, flake etc. and alot of republicans are doing more harm than anyone because they should be supporting the president

Old 08-23-2017, 12:05 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,890 times
McConnell is the poster boy for term limits, which are sorely needed by both parties.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:19 AM

1,229 posts, read 860,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
More and more I have more anger towards the mitch McConnells and paul ryans than I do even with the nancy pelosi, chuck schumers,Dims etc. The democrats are just weak and a train wreck, guys like mcconnell, ryan, flake etc. and alot of republicans are doing more harm than anyone because they should be supporting the president
McConnell likely has no more than a 15 percent approval rating in his own state - yet he is reelected over and over and over.

I'm embarrassed to even look at him on television even when I'm alone. He has no semblance of an authentic man --- instead he's merely a caricature.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:24 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,334,667 times
https://twitter.com/JBurtonXP/status/900196853433741318

Old 08-23-2017, 01:13 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,600,538 times
Just when republicans and those who try to use them to achieve power, thought they had everything wrapped-up, with all branches of the Federal Government in their clutches. Their schemes have been unraveled by their inability to work within their own ranks and cooperate on common goals. But that's the way of predators, that always are fighting among themselves, for the biggest share of the spoils. Power always corrupts, if there's too much of it or it's held too long. That's why at least two strong parties are needed, to keep each other sharp and operating with some semblance of honesty.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:23 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,289,289 times
Quote:
A palatable Mitch McConnell promo for Trump: "If you love crazy and amoral, Trump's your man. I recognize crazy (in full flower in this president) and I know morally compromised from years of personal experience."
This election message brought to you by the Reformed Gluttons for Punishment Citizens/Voters National Alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I'm embarrassed to even look at him on television even when I'm alone. He has no semblance of an authentic man --- instead he's merely a caricature.
Equally describes Trump and McConnell. Caricatures of different varieties. Only real difference is that when Trump let's the crazy, amoral fly, he is his authentic self; as close as you're gonna get to it. When he's trying to be presidential or to convey having actual social mores or norms, it's the scammer scamming, the con conning, the pretender pretending, the actor acting; whatever he thinks is called for in the moment.

McConnell is his genuine sour, dour, callous, hardened self, whatever the circumstance. Trump is a flaming sociopathic narcissist. He's a life-long grifter and opportunist; always sizing up what he may or may not be able to get away with in a given situation and, when he can, giving the flying finger to people of decent values and behavior ; those qualities absent from his own make-up. People who disdain decency in values and behavior JUST LO-O-O-VE their grand, exalted poobah, Trump.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
I agree - it's congressional Rs who will take Trump down. Ds will join in, of course, but the charge will be republican-led.

But I question why you think that congress should automatically support the president. That's not how the constitution says it should work.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:30 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
I have always loathed Mitch McConnell, but I must say, I'm feeling a little warmth for him in this feud of his with Trump. And I never, ever thought I'd feel anything but loathing for him.

Who knew having Republicans control everything was going to be so entertaining?

Old 08-23-2017, 03:31 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I agree - it's congressional Rs who will take Trump down. Ds will join in, of course, but the charge will be republican-led.

But I question why you think that congress should automatically support the president. That's not how the constitution says it should work.
that is correct if everybody has to agree with him-- then what do we have?? just leave their law books at the table and walk away?? become like N Korea? Cuba, Venezuela, Russia etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies