Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:00 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I will never get the outrage over CK not standing for the anthem.

Who gives a damn?

If his contract doesn't require it, who cares???

You'd think he was shooting kittens.

Come on.

As you I really don't care but people seem to leave out that he isn't a very good QB at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 10:04 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Meh, don't care. I'd rather watch 2 Korean teenagers try to beat each other in a video game.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
It doesn't matter if I would or wouldn't because I have no intention of intending nor does it matter who wins or loses to me. I have no desire to attend any games or support the corporate-wall st cause.

NFL and Patriotism are in fact mutually exclusive. Crony capitalism and the NFL, not so much. Kid Rock is a salesperson. He must of got it from his daddy. Good for him.
You didn't answer the question.

Why is it blind or false patriotism?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's cool. When he sees Kaepernick, is he gonna stand on those comments?
So, you won't criticize anyone who could beat you up?

Weird.

Do you have the desire to beat up a person who criticizes you?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:21 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
While I disagree with some thing Kaepernick said he is still one of the most charitable rich people in the USA, donated tons of money to poor people in places like Ghana and Somalia. I would have a problem if he disrespected the pledge or flag but quietly kneeling to bring attention to what he views as problems is not something I will criticize. It's not like he stomped on or burnt a flag.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
While I disagree with some thing Kaepernick said he is still one of the most charitable rich people in the USA, donated tons of money to poor people in places like Ghana and Somalia. I would have a problem if he disrespected the pledge or flag but quietly kneeling to bring attention to what he views as problems is not something I will criticize. It's not like he stomped on or burnt a flag.
For most people, standing for the anthem is a way to show your appreciation to our troops and first responders. It's a visual "thank you". Those people, of which I am one, view the failure to stand as a "I don't really care about the troops and first responders enough to stand for two minutes" statement.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I will never get the outrage over CK not standing for the anthem.

Who gives a damn?

If his contract doesn't require it, who cares???

You'd think he was shooting kittens.

Come on.
Totally agree.

I also don't understand why people would be more outraged over an athlete disrespecting an American song than a president disrespecting the entire nation, as well as the office of the presidency, all of the other branches of government, and most of the global community.

And perhaps having a president setting this kind of example of rude, crude and disrespectful behavior is the reason that others in the country are following suit.

And Kid Rock, the Ted Nugent wannabe? Seriously? The guy is a pig--who cares what he thinks.

The Killer Inside Kid Rock - Rolling Stone

Old 08-24-2017, 10:37 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I completely agree.

People are only making a big deal over him kneeling because they disagree with the reasoning behind it.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I also don't understand why people would be more outraged over an athlete disrespecting an American song than a president disrespecting the entire nation, as well as the office of the presidency, all of the other branches of government, and most of the global community.
I was critical of Obama doing those things. I am also critical of Trump for it.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:42 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Meh, don't care. I'd rather watch 2 Korean teenagers try to beat each other in a video game.
What's that supposed to mean? All kids from all ethnic and cultural backgrounds play video games. Why are you specifically singling out Korean teenagers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies