Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 11:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It seems to me that, at least according to the Trumplings, freedom of speech is only for those with whom they agree. Anyone else is a commie who hates America. I guess all those people who died defending our rights did so in vain. Sad they wasted their lives like that just so a handful of Trump supporters would have someone to hate.
I couldn't agree with you more. Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 12:15 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I listen to all types. Ok, I know who he is, I've never heard any of his music at least I don't think I have. I remember him from Joe Dirt.
He's actually pretty talented and has done a lot of songs besides his typical hip hop rock songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHasbPOYuAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
It's sad that the people who are behind Kap don't even watch football at all. The guy really sucks.

Plus, he was the starter QB who significantly regressed over the years. He's only good for a backup position, but he doesn't want to be a backup.

Heck, look at what happened to RG3. The guy used to be a beast and now he's not on a team, neither. RG3 and Kap both have the same styles at QB, and defenses figured this out a long time ago.

This is why I'm not shocked at Kap not being picked up by a team. But....OH NO EVERYTHING IS RACIST!

You're not kidding he sucks! So bad the Dolphins payed Cutler 10 Mil to come out of retirement once Tannehill went out for the season. Most people have no clue what their talking about they just listen to the MSM and follow what's being said. Besides,Kaep is a major distraction for any team right now and most tune into football to escape all this political BS!

Old 08-23-2017, 12:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
That's cool. When he sees Kaepernick, is he gonna stand on those comments?

Old 08-23-2017, 01:55 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
that's cool. When he sees kaepernick, is he gonna stand on those comments?
Great question

Old 08-23-2017, 06:32 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You cannot take a knee to our flag and not be viewed as disrespecting the flag. It's not nuanced at all, disrespect to the flag is disrespect to the flag. It does not lend itself well in relating some inner dialogue Kaepernick is having with himself.
It's not nuanced at all you're right. You should be able to see why a black person, even half black, might not want to always salute this flag or a song with lyrics about killing escaped slaves. It's not nuanced at all. And when you had a outpouring of active military and vets "standing with kaep" it's kills any attempt at "well the troops" as an argument.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:15 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
It's not nuanced at all you're right. You should be able to see why a black person, even half black, might not want to always salute this flag or a song with lyrics about killing escaped slaves. It's not nuanced at all. And when you had a outpouring of active military and vets "standing with kaep" it's kills any attempt at "well the troops" as an argument.
Haters, gotta hate. I have native American blood, but I still love this country, and stand for our anthem.

How you, can say all that crap, refuse to salute the flag or stand for our national anthem, but still be a Democrat??????? What????????

Being black, or half black, and bitter about slavery, how can they justify refusing to salute the flag, but be a member of the Democratic Party, the party which created the KKK, the Democratic Party who enshrined slavery, implemented voter poll taxes, the Democratic Party who filibustered the civil Rights Amendment, and stood against equal rights and bringing an end to racial segregation.. that Democratic Party.

If you ask me, every statue of any Democrat needs to be ripped down.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's cool. When he sees Kaepernick, is he gonna stand on those comments?
lol Where is he going to see him?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:31 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Haters, gotta hate. I have native American blood, but I still love this country, and stand for our anthem.

How you, can say all that crap, refuse to salute the flag or stand for our national anthem, but still be a Democrat??????? What????????

Being black, or half black, and bitter about slavery, how can they justify refusing to salute the flag, but be a member of the Democratic Party, the party which created the KKK, the Democratic Party who enshrined slavery, implemented voter poll taxes, the Democratic Party who filibustered the civil Rights Amendment, and stood against equal rights and bringing an end to racial segregation.. that Democratic Party.

If you ask me, every statue of any Democrat needs to be ripped down.

How? It is a flag, not a God. Some people pledge allegiance to a higher Power, beyond country.

The Democrat narrative gets old. The average "black" person knows that the majority of "white" people were indifferent to their experiences, regardless of party.

BTW, a lot of people have a sliver of Native American blood but are culturally White American and live life as such. I grew up around a half Native American (Iroquois). His perception was very different from yours, especially being that his other half was Black American. Those who were predominantly white with a little Native American blood carried just as much prejudice toward him as many others.

So yea, haters gonna hate what they can't understand.

Kaepernick is exeercising his free speech. Not only that he does plenty positive for people of African heritage from here to Africa. So I personally take no issue with him.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Where is he going to see him?
It's a small world.

But then, maybe that's why Kid Rock is yapping...he figures that he won't see dude. But one never knows.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:51 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It seems to me that, at least according to the Trumplings, freedom of speech is only for those with whom they agree. Anyone else is a commie who hates America. I guess all those people who died defending our rights did so in vain. Sad they wasted their lives like that just so a handful of Trump supporters would have someone to hate.
Funny how liberals are all for pointing out that the first amendment only applies to the restriction of speech by government and that private businesses can impose consequences for employees whose speech is contrary to the businesses values etc.

Until it happens to a liberal espousing SJW crapola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies