Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 11:49 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I would never live in a city that has no regard for the Law and does not cooperate with Federal Police Agencies. They create a dangerous place for their communities and cities, and are a disgrace to the United States. Cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, and New York, are disgraces to the U.S.A!

What kind of a person would want to live in a place where human rights and respect for all life, were less important than right-wing political agendas and power? Those lovers of red-state values, who out of spite, would bring down the most enlightened and productive centers of our country, would be damaging their own well-being.

The red states, their cities and people, are dependent on the major blue-state metropolitan centers, to subsidize their lagging cultures and economies. They would sink to third-world status, if left on their own. These people apparently would like to tear down our country, to retaliate against those regions from where our greatness comes.

If these flyover states and their cities were designated as territories instead and had no vote in congress, our nation would prosper and move forward. Those in these territories would enjoy improved lives, if they weren't able to foul our policies with their backward thinking and interference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 12:12 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,708,779 times
I live in Chicago. I like the idea that anyone can report a crime without being asked for immigration paperwork because it encourages people to report crimes. However, I also believe that the city and local law enforcement should cooperate with the federal government in regards to immigration laws. The Chicago mayor has said that he doesn't want CPD having to do anything with immigration.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:17 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I live in Chicago. I like the idea that anyone can report a crime without being asked for immigration paperwork because it encourages people to report crimes. However, I also believe that the city and local law enforcement should cooperate with the federal government in regards to immigration laws. The Chicago mayor has said that he doesn't want CPD having to do anything with immigration.

Yeah, right. Like criminals will rat on other criminals.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:19 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Of course. Illegal immigrants and millenials are the cause of all of America's problems

No, but illegal aliens are definitely a contributing factor. Nice try on trying to downplay the seriousness of having millions of illegal aliens here sucking up jobs, taxes and resources though.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:38 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
We lived in San Antonio for eight years. A city infested with illegals. You can go in to any hospital emergency room and watch them barely able to get through the door before giving birth. Bingo! Instant taxpayer burden.
Who do you think builds, cleans and staffs San Antonio? Sheesh.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:42 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
what they want is to expand the hand of the Fed to the state and locals - the poor LEOS don't even make close to their salary to be doing FED work too- Now do some place NOT report to the Fed every time they give a ticket? - yea - See how long it takes you to get police to answer your 911 call....tic toc....... overloaded already to be worrying about an illegal driver-- please get real - not condoning illegals-- just saying what they want is a HUGE burden on locals. I can see why not cooperating

Old 08-25-2017, 12:47 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
I would never live in a city that has no regard for the Law and does not cooperate with Federal Police Agencies. They create a dangerous place for their communities and cities, and are a disgrace to the United States. Cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, and New York, are disgraces to the U.S.A!
They are also in violation of the Constitution, a Contract between the States and the Federal Government which delegates the authority for setting immigration policy to the Federal Government. They ratified the Contract. They must abide by it's terms. They are to enforce the laws which they agreed to.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:00 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They are also in violation of the Constitution, a Contract between the States and the Federal Government which delegates the authority for setting immigration policy to the Federal Government. They ratified the Contract. They must abide by it's terms. They are to enforce the laws which they agreed to.
According to the Supreme Court, the 10th Amendment states the opposite: State and local authorities are not required to enforce Federal laws. You should read Scalia's majority opinion on Printz v. United States.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:04 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Who do you think builds, cleans and staffs San Antonio? Sheesh.
I was commenting on FACTS. I left that cesspool of a city. You bleeding hearts don't mind paying for mama to have a kid a year and scam the taxpayers, do you? Shame on anyone hiring illegals. They should be fined or shut down.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:13 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Well, actually, I am a small-town person. Yes, I have lived in large cities (Seattle and Tacoma qualify as "large", right?).
Now, with that being said, I agree with the OP, but I will carry it a little further along: I will never again live in a city, period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies