Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 11:59 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times

Advertisements

I would never live in a city that has no regard for the Law and does not cooperate with Federal Police Agencies. They create a dangerous place for their communities and cities, and are a disgrace to the United States. Cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, and New York, are disgraces to the U.S.A!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
I wouldn't say I'd never live in one, but politics isn't my life. If I got offered an amazing job in San Francisco, I'd take it and the sanctuary city status wouldn't be a consideration. I've never checked to see if my current city is, but I suppose I don't actually live in the city limits...

Old 08-23-2017, 12:18 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I would never live in a city that has no regard for the Law and does not cooperate with Federal Police Agencies. They create a dangerous place for their communities and cities, and are a disgrace to the United States. Cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, and New York, are disgraces to the U.S.A!
Funny how they are the economic engines of this country and the reason why we have the #1 economy in the world, eh?

Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I wouldn't say I'd never live in one, but politics isn't my life. If I got offered an amazing job in San Francisco, I'd take it and the sanctuary city status wouldn't be a consideration. I've never checked to see if my current city is, but I suppose I don't actually live in the city limits...
This... I'll live anywhere if the opportunity is right and the place is safe. Shrug.. politics isn't everything.

But I support whatever makes people stay out of those cities... they're crowded and expensive enough.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:30 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Funny how they are the economic engines of this country and the reason why we have the #1 economy in the world, eh?

No they aren't. They are an economic drain.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post

You do know that that is a broad description-- sanctuary cities all have different methods and alternative ways to handle the illegals-- up policies- go get some facts -- never mind- probably dwell in a small town anyhow

Old 08-23-2017, 01:40 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
With statements like this, how do you expect people to take you seriously?

Old 08-23-2017, 01:42 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
When I lived in Baltimore they had a non profit organization, Casa Baltimore. They provided services to ALL immigrants, job training, assistance finding work, education, etc. I used those workers every chance I got. They did excellent work and were always respectful. And I paid them well. Now if you drive through east Baltimore/Upper Fells Point Area, you see tons of successful businesses that the Hispanic community has transformed. One of the few things I miss about Baltimore.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:51 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Americans who can't afford to move out of those cities are the true victims.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:53 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post

It's Interesting how facts keep disagreeing with you.

California Passes France As World’s 6th-Largest Economy

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies