Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 02:50 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

https://pjmedia.com/blog/video-d-c-r...ashington-d-c/

District of Columbia residents and tourists weighed in on the controversy surrounding the Confederate flag, some saying the nation should go as far as renaming Washington, D.C.

And who is saying that? A prominent political leader? Nope.

Answer: some random dudes on the street. Seriously, that's it. Some people on the street said some crazy things and now it is a thread!!!!

Some guy on the street once told me George W. Bush is a lizard. Never in a million years did I ever thought of making a headline about it. Silly me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 02:52 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Answer: some random dudes on the street. Seriously, that's it. Some people on the street said some crazy things and now it is a thread!!!!

Some guy on the street once told me George W. Bush is a lizard. Never in a million years did I ever thought of making a headline about it. Silly me.

I'm starting to think that Trump is a giant George W conspiracy because now he's stepped up his legacy to "well, all things considered, I guess he wasn't THAT bad...."

Old 08-23-2017, 02:58 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
We'll be renaming the country soon enough, because Amerigo Vespucci was also involved in the slave trade.
What you mean "we", Kimosabe?

Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:

That pretty much sums up these ridiculous threads. Basically it comes down to, some anonymous guy nobody ever heard of somewhere said something, and they automatically extrapolate that to:

ALL LEFTISTS BELIEVE THIS RANDOM CRAP FROM SOME RANDOM GUY!!!!!!

It's positively hilarious.

But hey, it's this gulibility that makes them such good little cultists.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:38 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That pretty much sums up these ridiculous threads. Basically it comes down to, some anonymous guy nobody ever heard of somewhere said something, and they automatically extrapolate that to:

That's the way the leftist cult rolls.
Nice to see you coming around to recognizing it. They are sheepole.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:40 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:

Just watch, this link/blog will come up 2 or 3 times over the next few days as the right wing sites start pushing it to their puppets. It will be here, all over Facebook, whatever, as they parrot it.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:47 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
And who is saying that?
A guy with a microphone in his face, who thereby has the potential of influencing votes.

Anything else I can help you with?

Old 08-23-2017, 04:08 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:

I think it is counterproductive to make the extrapolation you are referring to. If I'm trying to point something out and argue that it is a bad idea / concept / school of thought, my hope is that people of any persuasion will also see it as bad and denounce it.

If I instead try and use it as ammunition with which to lob broad brush overgeneralizations at my "opponents," all I'm doing is digging everyone's heels in even more -- I'm preaching to the choir on one hand and denying any ability for anyone else to also denounce it as a bad idea / concept / thought, and it gets ugly quick.

As to whether this short 'man on the street' video from 2015 should countenance its own thread is another topic I suppose.

But, I do think in general we need to denounce bad ideas, concepts, and schools of thought no matter who we are. There's a way to encourage people to do that and there's a way to make it nearly impossible for people to do that. Ideas grow on each other. I don't think anything is outside the realm of possibility, including the renaming of entire cities for a social justice cause (which would be the least of our problems), over the next few decades. But I know if we try to make enemies of people, those ideas I see as regressive and idiotic are actually MORE likely to be accepted and gain a foothold.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
CNN anchor Don Lemon recently floated the idea of re-thinking the Jefferson Memorial, dedicated to Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States, since he was a slave owner.

“There may come a day when we want to re-think Jefferson, I don’t know if we should do that, but when we get to that point, I’ll be happy to partake in that particular discussion,” Lemon said.

“It should come down,” one D.C. resident told PJ Media, referencing the Jefferson Memorial in Washington.
“If we do that, though, George Washington owned slaves. Should we rename Washington, D.C.?” he was asked.

“You have to draw the line at some point, I guess, maybe take a poll across the country and see what people think about it and if they want to rename the city, do it,” he said. “I would support changing the American flag as well. America is based on a lot of mass killings and slavery."
No sir, I think the day has come to rethink multiculturalism. When people are attacking the foundation and the moral authority of the founders and by extension the constitution, it's time for multiculturalism to go. It is a dismal failure.

Don Lemon is not a random person on the street but a national mouthpiece for the Democrat party.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
God. Just when you thing pubs suck, dems out do them everytime. Keep up the good work lefties. Never learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies