Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 08:04 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times

Advertisements

All this partisan nonsense is entertaining, but it's finally reached a point where it's looking like something much deeper than your typical partisan bickering. I have friends that are actually planing on relocating from the city to the burbs because they fear major politically driven violent conflicts are inevitable at this point.

A year ago I would have thought they were nuts, but I have to be honest, I I have liberal friends and family that are angry enough to throw rocks and set fires, and I have conservative friends and family that are angry enough to return the favor with gunfire. At some point you got to think one of these alt-right groups is going to masacre one of these alt-left groups. One gunshot from a group like antifa is enough to set one of these gun happy militias into a frenzy that will result in something this country hasn't seen in a very long time. If that happens it's going to set a precedence, and I fear that this country won't be the same. I fear it could lead too many more similar confrontations creating a level of divide that could change the very way we live in this country.

I used to work with a guy from North Ireland that had some pretty crazy stories. It seems unreal that we could be so close to the same type of violence in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 08:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
A long way off. Not even close.

Turn off the tube for a week and when you turn it back on you will be back in the "Twilight Zone"

Old 08-23-2017, 08:07 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
I think it's all a show to be honest. Never see any political drama in real life. Just aboid blm and antifa.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:12 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Nowhere near needing to worry about anything. Just shut the tv off for a while and you'll be fine.

This is nothing like the 1970s and we survived that. There were hundreds of domestic bombings back then and groups were much more radical.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:32 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A long way off. Not even close.

Turn off the tube for a week and when you turn it back on you will be back in the "Twilight Zone"
I don't watch TV.

I'm basing this on talking to people and just the general environment every time I go to to a large city. Phoenix was nutts this weekend. I just can't imagine this not progressing into some crazy s*** at this point.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
It is already happening.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:42 PM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I bet the Islamic terrorists are pissed that the Antifa terrorists are getting more attention than they are.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
I think in some ways that is exactly what Trump is hoping to start...
then he can declare martial law...
bring in some army units that have the same alt-right mind set (and they DO exist) or Federalize some southern National Guard units or police departments...
or hire Betsy DeVos's brother (Blackwater) to "protect the nation"...

Husband has worried for while about this--ever since the 08 market/housing crash

I agree that following the media too closely heightens anxiety but there is a lot of rage in today's society which manifests itself in various ways

I just don't think a country that has been built around guns and vigilante justice is going to turn the other cheek if push really comes to shove...
There are plenty of liberals --not just antifa--and minorities who own guns...that is not just alt-right goon territory...we just don't flash them in 7-11...

Old 08-23-2017, 08:44 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times
I never hear anyone talking about it except here or the TV

Old 08-23-2017, 08:50 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
All this partisan nonsense is entertaining, but it's finally reached a point where it's looking like something much deeper than your typical partisan bickering. I have friends that are actually planing on relocating from the city to the burbs because they fear major politically driven violent conflicts are inevitable at this point.

A year ago I would have thought they were nuts, but I have to be honest, I I have liberal friends and family that are angry enough to throw rocks and set fires, and I have conservative friends and family that are angry enough to return the favor with gunfire. At some point you got to think one of these alt-right groups is going to masacre one of these alt-left groups. One gunshot from a group like antifa is enough to set one of these gun happy militias into a frenzy that will result in something this country hasn't seen in a very long time. If that happens it's going to set a precedence, and I fear that this country won't be the same. I fear it could lead too many more similar confrontations creating a level of divide that could change the very way we live in this country.

I used to work with a guy from North Ireland that had some pretty crazy stories. It seems unreal that we could be so close to the same type of violence in this country.
Right wing terrorism is already an issue here in the US. It could get worse if we don't snuff them out. I say this on a right wing terrorist supporting site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies