Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 07:57 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Let's not confuse welfare as a job, maybe income but no job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 07:57 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Oh got it this is his only strategy since he is incompetent at doing the actual work in the WH like presidents are suppose to do.

Ahhhh, NO. He was elected because he is an ANTI-ESATBLISHMENT Republican. Most of DC, both Republican, and Democrat are status quo/Establishment, career politicians. They don't want him to succeed as it will rock their boat. He came within one vote of repealing the disastrous Obamacare. He is doing his job, but he can't vote with Congress. Get it?

Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
This is news to me, I didn't know Hillary was doing rallies. I thought all her rallies ended with the 2016 elections, I guess the fake news is dropping the ball on this one.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:01 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Ahhhh, NO. He was elected because he is an ANTI-ESATBLISHMENT Republican. Most of DC, both Republican, and Democrat are status quo/Establishment, career politicians. They don't want him to succeed as it will rock their boat. He came within one vote of repealing the disastrous Obamacare. He is doing his job, but he can't vote with Congress. Get it?
Oh I must of missed something since most of his appointees are establishment ooops.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:03 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left loves to talk about the number of people to show up at a Trump Rally. Do any of you lefties have any numbers of the big crowds at the Hillary Rallies?

Will any lefties come to this thread and tell us?
Paid or unpaid? I remember seeing the photos of just a small cluster of individuals, probably brought in on her campaign bus. The "writing was on the wall".

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Most of her rally's were closed events for her donors. She thought she could buy the Oval Office.
Frankly, I thought she could buy it too! Her loss restored my faith in our system, something that was definitely disappearing. I knew in a fair election she was going to win, but nothing the Clintons do is fair.

I would say 2 or 3 buses she brought in, a school bus in my day held about 60 kids, tops 200 people or less at most rallies.

Quote:
Hillary lost get over it...
Trump won why is he still campaigning????
Trump is trying to stay in contact with the people that he is representing. He needs his supporters to "motivate" their congress people to get on board. I "motivate" mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Indeed. That hag spent nearly a BILLION DOLLARS campaigning for a job that pays $400G per year.
As we know, she was going to get much more out of it, much, much more. Look how she milked her job as Secretary of State. Imagine the presidency, the "pay for play", the movement to globalism where the rich get richer. That cough of hers was probably just from her salivating and choking over all the cash that she could demand come her way.

People had her number. During the campaign there were numerous photos of her "rallies", I would hardly call them a rally though. I saw a lot of depressed and tired looking people standing there looking like they wish it would just be over.

As we know, the Dems/libs have not yet recovered from the loss, so don't expect them to admit that Hillary Clinton was unable to draw any kind of crowd to listen to her crow about herself.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:10 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump spent $66,000,000.00 of his own money for a job that pays $400,000.00. Hillary hardly spent any of her own money. Gee, who was the more business savvy candidate?

It doesn't take Einstein to figure that out.
I'm no fan of Trump but when you spend your own money you don't owe anyone anything.

A Billion dollars of other peoples money means favors, kickbacks, etc.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Oh I must of missed something since most of his appointees are establishment ooops.

Who better to work with other "establishment" types to get your message across?

Old 08-24-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I'm no fan of Trump but when you spend your own money you don't owe anyone anything.

^^^^^This. I'd rather have a President who doesn't owe every special interest, including FOREIGN INTERESTS favors once elected. Hillary was bought an paid for, even by some of our enemies.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:14 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
This is news to me, I didn't know Hillary was doing rallies. I thought all her rallies ended with the 2016 elections, I guess the fake news is dropping the ball on this one.
Hillary couldn't do a rally. No one would show up!

Old 08-24-2017, 08:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

That was not the point. The knock against Hillary was that she spent a billion dollars to get elected to an office that paid 400k a year. Well she did not use her own money as opposed to Trump who did do so for a job that pays 400k.

I was responding to a ridiculous post by showing the absurdity of it.

All politicians spend more on the campaign than what the office pays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies