Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:14 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
If she keeps this up she will turn out like most lottery winners who end up going broke within a few years or are killed for their money.
It's all good. We should never care if a lotto winner goes broke. It stimulates the economy.

Hoarding the cash doesn't help the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Can we all just admit we're super jelly and move on?
We all need to fart and give an opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 01:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Moved too quickly?

I disagree, only because I'm sometimes a pessimistic realist, and I can die from a car crash before I claim my winnings, so I'd want to make it official asap.

chit happens.
Wait a year to claim? Anything can happen to you or your ticket in the meantime
i wouldnt wait a year, but i would wait until i have everything in order before claiming the prize money. that way everything moves quickly, too quickly for teh money grubbers to try and get their hands on my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
OK pundits.
It's day two now, and what downside has Mavis Wanczyk actually encountered?
dont know because its only been two days. but what has she done to prevent issues from popping up? what ahs she done to protect herself from frivolous lawsuits by people just looking to get a part of her money? what has she done for financial planning t protect her winnings for the future? what has she done to minimize her tax burden?

right now she is riding the wave of euphoria that comes with becoming instantly wealthy, and she is probably thinking of ways to spend all that money. any downsides wont come for a few months at least. thats when the frivolous lawsuits start to hit, thats when the tax bills start to roll in, thats when the relatives come out of the woodwork looking for a handout of money they think they are owed them by her. thats when the "friends" start to grumble that they are not getting what they "deserve" from her. that is when the "financial advisers" keep trying to get her to make "investments" in their pet projects, or they try to sell her on buying what ever it is they are pushing that day, be it gold, silver, oil frozen orange juice, stocks, bonds, what ever they can use to make money off her, and her lack of knowledge and probably her good heart.

the said thing is that we dont get to see this unless we are part of her life, because this stuff is not reported by the media, at least not until much later when things have gone terribly wrong.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
It's all good. We should never care if a lotto winner goes broke. It stimulates the economy.

Hoarding the cash doesn't help the rest of us.
let me clue you in here. if she spends her money wisely, she can live on it for a long long time, in fact her children and grand children can live on that money, and the economy can still be stimulated. your comment shows a complete lack of empathy and knowledge. it also shows that you are just trying to get "your" piece of her winnings, and that you are a money grubbing gold digger.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:44 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Huge Mistake (whatever it was), I would totally handle this way better than she did and people will be creating threads about me remarking how brilliantly I was handling my new found wealth

Old 08-25-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Huge Mistake (whatever it was), I would totally handle this way better than she did and people will be creating threads about me remarking how brilliantly I was handling my new found wealth
if you handle it properly, no one will know that you had won the lottery, because you will have wrapped yourself in anonymity, even on this board.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:12 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
let me clue you in here. if she spends her money wisely, she can live on it for a long long time, in fact her children and grand children can live on that money, and the economy can still be stimulated. your comment shows a complete lack of empathy and knowledge. it also shows that you are just trying to get "your" piece of her winnings, and that you are a money grubbing gold digger.
lol. Just...lol.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:45 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Yeah, she should have stayed quiet for a while and called in sick or something. Very idiotic but some people just don't think. It's too bad the money wouldn't be divided between several winners...but oh well.
She's crying out for the attention probably. Now that she's not just a millionaire, but a very rich millionaire (over 400 million after taxes!), All kinds of guys will feed her that line of BS that she's the woman they've been looking for all their entire life, etc. etc. She'll fall for it and they will end up taking all her money. Eventually she may end up dead from what other's on this thread are saying.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If I ever won, I would collect my winnings and leave the country. Actually, I would probably give most of it to charity, but it would be from a location that could not be discovered, by anyone.

Moderator cut: off topic
I don't think there is any other country that is more safe to be in than this one (America). For the time being, at least. I'd stay in America but I'd really be scoping out some very safe and secure real estate to reside in, that's for sure.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
very dangerous--------- they can kidnap her family or friends I think they will have problems- hope a good atty steps up
Yes I would agree that this is probably in the works right now. The moment she threw out her full name, the crooks around the world took serious note. Plus there are people out there who have spent all of their money and lost pretty much everything by spending all their money on lottery tickets. I'm sure there are some of these such people out there with the mentality that the money she won is the money they lost, basically would probably kill her for it back.

She'll probably adjust to this new lifestyle by getting a really good legal firm to represent her, buy a very nice and secure home with security detail. She could have skipped a lot of this drama though had she just kept her self quite and didn't announce to the entire world she won. But whatever floats her boat I guess. Pretty hefty price for jumping on that pretty impressive 15 minutes of fame.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:00 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
With 758 million, a lot of problems can be solved. She can move anywhere, live anywhere, and it can happen NOW. She could buy 1,000 acres, build her own town and hire her own security force. She can instantly build a buffer between herself and anyone she does not want to see. In effect, she can pretty much do anything she pleases.

So I don't see 'coming out' immediately as any kind of major problem.
If it were me, I would buy a large ranch/farm or huge piece of property for my privacy, have a nice pond in the back stocked with beautiful koi fish to view every day. The ideas are limitless on how I would design the property...Depending on if anyone bothered me, would determine if I had (and how much) extra security besides ADT.

LOOK at all these beautiful fish: https://www.google.com/search?q=koi+...=1503694711228
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies