Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: TRUMP SUPPORTERS ONLY - Do you want Congress to include funding to build the wall?
YES 81 62.79%
NO 48 37.21%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 09:10 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

What is the matter with you people? You are all immigrants, or descendants of immigrants....So many broken promises....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfxBs5y5eIo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 09:24 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Don't know whether I qualify as a "Trump supporter'; I've been registered as a Libertarian for most of the past thirty years, and last November my vote went to Johnson, mostly because I didn't think Trump had a chance. But if Trump faces a tight race against any Democrat in 2020, he'll probably get my vote, albeit without much enthusiasm.

But as to "The Wall', it's a loser -- an appeal to economic ignorance. the workings of unfettered markets will always inveigh in favor of the astute. the efficient, and those who actually have skills to sell. Too many of the Trumpsters can't recognize this, and are just seeking another way to stack the deck in their favor; the markets will bring them to heel every bit as firmly as with the continued weakening of much of organized labor.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:31 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
I voted for Trump in direct opposition to Hillary Obama and their invasions of other sovereign countries.
We already have Wall(s). I would ask what does the Border patrol think?

I voted no on the wall, even though we can use some here and there. We can probably use more border patrol and electronic detection.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:44 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
What a complete moron.....This was lost in his 75 minute blather about how great he is....

We've ended the war on beautiful, clean coal, and it's just been announced that a second, brand-new coal mine, where they're going to take out clean coal -- meaning, they're taking out coal. They're going to clean it -- is opening in the state of Pennsylvania...Does he think they'll run it through a car wash or something?
Trump's Definition of Clean Coal Made Us Dumber

There is no such thing as clean coal.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
I want to know when "Mexico will pay for it," like Trump promised.

Then again, I also want to know when he will renounce golf like he promised as well.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:08 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjl123 View Post
I am a Trump supporter and I think the wall is a waste of money and labor. A ladder will defeat any wall including this one. Didn't he say Mexico will pay for it during the election?
Congratulations - a conservative with a brain; a rare sight when it comes to this topic. I'm all for stemming illegal immigration, bit this 1700s approach to a 21st century problem will not be an effective allocation of resources. Investing in a mix of personnel, technology, and changing tactics per situations on the ground would be a much more effective approach. A static wall that will quickly generate a side industry to be laddered over / tunneled under is probably the least effective approach.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:17 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
" All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

There's no way removing birthright citizenship would be considered consistent with the 14ht amendment if THIS is the first line of the 14th amendment. It states clear, if your born here, this is YOUR country. There would be absolutely no legal precedent for allowing the president to pass an EO that would violate the constitution is such an obvious way.

Note: I also think birthright citizenship is nonsense. I understand why it's there, but I think it's time to change that. But, this requires a constitutional amendment. Not liking a law does not justify support for tyranny.
I'm not going down that rabbit hole explaining how illegals don't qualify as "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" or that the Supreme Court never ruled that illegals children were. There's really no way to know how SCOTUS would rule.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:17 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Yes! It's money well spent. The cost of the wall pales in comparison to keeping them here and allowing them and their anchors to drain services and steal jobs from Americans and legal immigrants.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
We went through something like this along time ago, Immigration Reform and Control Act, “accepted as a once-only great compromise,”.

The mass legalization of then-illegal immigrants was traded for the promise that a new program of employer sanctions would destroy the incentive for further mass immigration. That hope proved vain; but if it had never been entertained, IRCA would never have passed.

In his renewed push for an immigration overhaul, Obama called for Republican support for a bill to address the growing population of illegal immigrants in the country, Democrats are still pushing. This time, however, Republicans know better.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
No I want Trump to make E-Verify the law of the land and have it include all employers, Land lords, schools, Universities and public assistance departments. Put real teeth into those laws with real penalties. I would also like to see it required that police departments be required to report to ICE any illegal arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies