Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 12:00 PM

6,453 posts, read 4,028,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's their dialect. Why shouldn't we all respect that? Are you implying we should all "whitewash" (so to speak) their cultural dialect?

Well if its a dialect you still have to spell it the proper way, dialect don't change spelling.

I try to be open minded to all ideas even from the far right watching videos by Black Pigeon Speaks and other Youtubers, but the use of the word "dindu nuffin", while it's not directed at me sounds incredibly insulting, and seems as if your making fun of the way their talk and not really addressing their points. If you want more people to take you seriously, I would cut that out of the conversation. Just like nowadays you rarely see a person hold public office if their cursing 24/7, you will never see someone being taken seriously by any side of the political spectrum different than their own if they can't refute a point without insulting people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 12:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And how does that not include respecting their dialect/culture by refusing to "whitewash" (so to speak) what they've said?
Nobody is expecting anyone to whitewash it. You're pointing it out when it's not even the topic being discussed.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Anyone who has met people from Nigeria know that they are brilliant people, without the soft bigotry of low expectations imposed on many poor people here. That's why I hate these exercises in white privilege I see where it shows how hard they have to struggle. What's the point of that but to reinforce it? I saw a black guy in college saying he works hard, but he knows because he's black he will probably only make it to middle management if that. And he will because he believes it to be true. It's sad.
Thanks for the compliment, but I will say not all of us are like that we are just lucky that the U.S government favors Nigerians who pursue higher education meaning those who didn't graduate from HS (not the ones from rural areas, but the ones who willingly left schooling) are mostly left back in Nigeria. IF they were over here, the image of Nigerians would be so thoroughly ruined. Like the image of Mexicans in the U.S.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Well if its a dialect you still have to spell it the proper way, dialect don't change spelling.

I try to be open minded to all ideas even from the far right watching videos by Black Pigeon Speaks and other Youtubers, but the use of the word "dindu nuffin", while it's not directed at me sounds incredibly insulting, and seems as if your making fun of the way their talk and not really addressing their points. If you want more people to take you seriously, I would cut that out of the conversation. Just like nowadays you rarely see a person hold public office if their cursing 24/7, you will never see someone being taken seriously by any side of the political spectrum different than their own if they can't refute a point without insulting people.

Exactly. And people feigning confusion about this is a typical tactic to continue doing what they do.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:14 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,668,849 times
I needed that laugh for the day. The neighborhoods in Chicago with the worst violence are neighborhoods which are 80%+ black.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
For those of who are familiar with Long Island, NY:
More protesting by you know who's

Garden City is app 93% white, has one of the best schools in the country and low crime. Bordering is Hempstead where probably less than 10% is white, has one of the worst schools in the country and high crime.

How come both towns aren't equal?
Maybe that is how it is in the NE but out south in Texas, the best neighborhoods tend to be mixed. For example the best city in Texas for murder rate and safety overall is El Paso County which is 13% white, El Paso was actually more dangerous when it was 40% white than now. Again that doesn't mean white people were causing the crime, it's just that race is almost irrelevant due to the fact that crime has been dropping among people of all races since the late nineties. Arguably the most violent city in Texas is Odessa (although it isn't the most murderous) it is 40% White in Ector County. Take in mind in each of these metros black make up less than 5% yet their is a huge disparity in crime, and the whiter one is the more dangerous one, In fact Odessa was the most murderous city in Texas back in the 80's when it was hitting 70% white and less than 5% black.
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1983/09...6188432187200/

I didn't post these statistics to say whites cause more crime or some SJW B.S but to say you should judge everyone as an individual even though two places can racially be similar the culture ties a huge role into how dangerous the place is.

(70,000 people)Missouri City- 46% Black, number of murders between 2011-2015: 2 murders or 0.4 per year.
(54,000 people)Port Arthur- 38% Black number of murders between 2011-2015: 30 murders or 6 per year.

Both are about 100 miles from each other but they have two very different situations.

Edit: less bias article about Odessa murder rate and general murder rate here: http://www.nytimes.com/1983/09/17/us...a.html?mcubz=0

Old 08-25-2017, 01:13 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,670,057 times
I moved from an area with a large black population. One of my main reasons was to escape the violence by blacks. The area I moved to had a black population of 1.2%. The local nightly news was more like local church announcement than a real news broadcast with a few minor crimes and some car accidents. Fast forward, ten years later, today, and the black population is now up to 8% and the local nightly news sounds more like the news of where I moved from ten years ago. Rape, murder, drug violence, is now common. And when they show photos of the perps, guess who?
From the trend one could easily predict that when the black population hits 20% this area will be just like south Chicago or north Phila. Sad, very sad.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:31 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,586,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
We don't ignore it; and we don't protect the criminals like the black community tends to.

The reason we focus on it, is because blacks are always in our face about oppression, when they are oppressing themselves with black-on-black crime.

How can you blame white people for you killing each other? We aren't holding the guns.
First off.. violent crime has fallen off a cliff from the 90's to 2017.

I blame white people for killing each other. White on white crime is real and it's something you guys ignore far more than you want to admit because you have this weird obsession with Black on Black crime.

84% of whites murdered are murdered by another white person

Whites are more likely to kill children

whites rape at a much higher rate and don't report it at a much higher rate

White teachers rape students at a much higher rate

lets look at crime stats from the FBI by race in 2010.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

damn near every crime stat shows more whites being arrested for crimes like
Arson
Rape
murder (although its close)
aggravated assault
robbery

it's not even close. White people commit more violent crimes.

and please, look at the stats and try to twist the numbers if you like but you can't. It's a myth that Blacks are more violent. The reality is Blacks are shown more on the news but the news could easily balance things out if they wanted to but that's not what the news is for. The news exist to scare the pants off of people in their homes so we buy more stuff to fell safe.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:40 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,342,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
White people commit more violent crimes.
It's a fact that they don't, but I somewhat understand why some of you feel the need to try to turn it around on us. Because it would take a very understanding person to admit that their community has a problem, and actually want to address it.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:43 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,586,218 times
just so people don't think I'm cooking the books lets look at 2015. It took me a while to figure out how to get to this page on the FBI database

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

total arrest
whites: 5.7 mill
Blacks: 2.1 mill

Black folk had more murders and robberies in 2015.

BUT EVERY THING ELSE?

White folks, you win at things like:
rape
aggravated assault
larceny
theft
arson
weapons
sexual assault
prostitution
stolen property
drug abuse violation? wow.. 307K white folks while only 11K black folk.. hmm?

sheez.. who woulda thunk it?

I guess it's time to lock this thread now that it shows the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies