Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 08:12 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Welfare began in the 1930s and was virtually unavailable to black people for decades. Get out of here. LOL.
I guess LBJ founded a way to use welfare as a psychologigal weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 08:42 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I guess LBJ founded a way to use welfare as a psychologigal weapon.
It obviously made people feel black people were getting something that they had for years...

Old 08-27-2017, 08:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Welfare began in the 1930s and was virtually unavailable to black people for decades. Get out of here. LOL.
and this is why the GOP stays winning the dumb vote. They really believe more Black people are on welfare.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:01 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Jason View Post
It depends on how you define 'more violent.'

Poor cities, no matter what color the people there are, supposedly have higher numbers of violent crimes than more affluent cities, but not a higher percentage of violent crimes than poor rural areas that generally have more white people. So I understand that point of view.

We discussed something similar in my sociology class way back in 1992. That's all I remember, but it made sense.
It's poppy ****, but I'm glad it made sense to you in 1992.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:04 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and this is why the GOP stays winning the dumb vote. They really believe more Black people are on welfare.
Exactly. All they have to do is tell their base feel black people are getting something that they are not. Far from the truth but it gets them riled up very easily.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:10 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
In relation to their percentage of the US population, they are. Do you not understand basic statistics?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:11 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
I don't know if Black communities are more or less safe than any other. What I do know is that there are communities that I would never live in and in some cases entire cities. To be fair I wouldn't live in any city by choice. Just not my life style.
Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore etc. No doubt there are good places to live in those cities. The very expensive and well to do parts of those cities.
Lets face facts. Small town America doesn't have 29 murders in a weekend, nor do you see every holiday turn into a blood bath. WE don't burn our towns in protest. We don't loot our stores in response to a state of emergency or in protest.
I won't say our cops are top shelf, because I personally disagree with how small town cops are generally chosen and protected. That said we small owners also don't accept abuse of our Law enforcement, nor do we make excuses for it.
I can walk down any street I want to without fear of being robbed or murdered. I still don't feel the need to lock my doors at night and my neighbors have a key to my house for when I go away on vacation. I have keys to theirs as well.
I can't say all small communities are like mine, but I will say you can't have what I have in many major cities.
I don't believe it to be a black problem or even a minority problem. Its a human trash problem. White trash is every bit as low as black or brown.
Not far from me is a town known for incest and molesting farm animals. Trailers account for most of the housing, welfare is the primary income. Every yard looks like a mini junk yard and the grass never cut. You can bet they enjoy pay perview WWE, mixed martial arts, and are masters of poaching deer. I wouldn't want to be their neighbor either.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:21 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
In Food Stamps, alone, it's easy to see who the societal parasites are:

Quote:
The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

Old 08-27-2017, 09:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't know if Black communities are more or less safe than any other. What I do know is that there are communities that I would never live in and in some cases entire cities. To be fair I wouldn't live in any city by choice. Just not my life style.
Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore etc. No doubt there are good places to live in those cities. The very expensive and well to do parts of those cities.
Lets face facts. Small town America doesn't have 29 murders in a weekend, nor do you see every holiday turn into a blood bath. WE don't burn our towns in protest. We don't loot our stores in response to a state of emergency or in protest.
I won't say our cops are top shelf, because I personally disagree with how small town cops are generally chosen and protected. That said we small owners also don't accept abuse of our Law enforcement, nor do we make excuses for it.
I can walk down any street I want to without fear of being robbed or murdered. I still don't feel the need to lock my doors at night and my neighbors have a key to my house for when I go away on vacation. I have keys to theirs as well.
I can't say all small communities are like mine, but I will say you can't have what I have in many major cities.
I don't believe it to be a black problem or even a minority problem. Its a human trash problem. White trash is every bit as low as black or brown.
Not far from me is a town known for incest and molesting farm animals. Trailers account for most of the housing, welfare is the primary income. Every yard looks like a mini junk yard and the grass never cut. You can bet they enjoy pay perview WWE, mixed martial arts, and are masters of poaching deer. I wouldn't want to be their neighbor either.

There are five districts within the Chicago limits where the crime exists.

You don't have to be rich to live in a safe part of Chicago or young people who grew up in the suburbs wouldn't head there to live after getting out of college.

It's a beautiful city and people who visit say it's nothing like they expected and can't wait to return.

There's a big misconception about it. Don't believe everything you read, because it's based on falsehoods. People reading your post, for example, would think only the rich parts of the city were safe, which isn't correct.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:37 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
More significantly, Jews are Jews. African-Americans lost their traditional religions and cultures. African-Americans come from over 45 different ethnicities/cultures. That means over 45 different ethnic groups lost virtually all ties. Just the fact that AAs are labeled as "blacks" is evidence of what was endured.

Asking the majority of people, particularly in the U.S., to understand is pointless because they only know to label people of African descent as "blacks." They are largely brainwashed to ignore the various cultures of Africans/African-descended groups while acknowledging the diversity of Asians and Hispanics (a minority of whom are of African origin). So they fail to realize how many different cultures, languages and religions were lost...basically beaten out of people.

That people actually try to compare that experience with Jews is beyond ignorant and completely uninformed.
Is it an excuse to be responsible for more than 50% of the violent crimes in the nation while being 13% of it? The fact that some primitive African "culture", without even an alphabet, was taken from you? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies