Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 08:12 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

I find it hard to believe since the Democrats have nonmessege, no good candidates, can't agree on the direction of the party, and excuse and condone the radical elements of their party that do things like riot, tear down statues, attack people etc

Is this just wishful thinking that the Democrats are in a good position right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 08:31 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I think the real story is what is happening to the Republican party. Both the sitting administration and Congressional leadership claim to be of the same party, but there is abyss opening between them, which I believe is reflective of the electorate. That's more interesting to me and has bigger consequences for the future of American politics. We've experienced major shifts in the parties before, and I think it's going to happen again in the near future.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:23 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think the real story is what is happening to the Republican party. Both the sitting administration and Congressional leadership claim to be of the same party, but there is abyss opening between them, which I believe is reflective of the electorate. That's more interesting to me and has bigger consequences for the future of American politics. We've experienced major shifts in the parties before, and I think it's going to happen again in the near future.
Agreed entirely. We need a moderate, pragmatic center-right party that stands for providing opportunity to ALL Americans ... not just angry old White people stuck in the 1950s. We need a 21st century conservative party. Not one that peddles babble about failed trickle down economic policies from the 1980s and social/racial views that went out of fashion when my mom was my age.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:23 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Agreed entirely. We need a moderate, pragmatic center-right party that stands for providing opportunity to ALL Americans ... not just angry old White people stuck in the 1950s. We need a 21st century conservative party. Not one that peddles babble about failed trickle down economic policies from the 1980s and social/racial views that went out of fashion when my mom was my age.
where do you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies