Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:32 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Trump arrived with sharply dressed trophy wife in tow, gave some thumbs up, looked disinterested in much but the crowd size. He hugged no babies, talked to no seniors, didn't ask a single businessperson about the challenges ahead or how the feds could help. Trump is a man without a soul. He is incapable of empathy. He is unfeeling to the point of being inhuman with a loathsome fixation on himself and only himself.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:34 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump arrived with sharply dressed trophy wife in tow, gave some thumbs up, looked disinterested in much but the crowd size. He hugged no babies, talked to no seniors, didn't ask a single businessperson about the challenges ahead or how the feds could help. Trump is a man without a soul. He is incapable of empathy. He is unfeeling to the point of being inhuman with a loathsome fixation on himself and only himself.
Do you have anything other to say besides how much you hate Trump?

Old 08-29-2017, 04:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Florida crocodiles(called the American Crocodile) aren't overly aggressive and are said to be shy and timid. Crocs in some other countries, such as Australia are a different type of croc and those are aggressive.

https://www.nps.gov/ever/learn/nature/crocodile.htm

"Although the aggressive reputation earned by the American crocodile’s distant, larger, man-eating cousins in Australia and Africa may inspire fear of crocodiles inhabiting the Everglades, conflict with humans rarely occurs because of the shy nature of American crocodiles."
Oh Lord, are people going to argue every goddman thing I write on here?

I did this for a living for 5 years, sware...give me a break.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:40 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
<>Hopefully no one was dumb enough to be feeding those gators before the storm....
My understanding is there were 350 alligators that were expected to escape from a farm, where they dined on presumably, left over chickens, delivered by humans.
"Be afraid. Be very afraid"

Old 08-29-2017, 04:42 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
I'll second your recommendation. I have given to them in the past. They are a great home grown group and the money is used for the victims of disasters, not to pay for some CEO in a cushy penthouse office.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:45 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
My understanding is there were 350 alligators that were expected to escape from a farm, where they dined on presumably, left over chickens, delivered by humans.
"Be afraid. Be very afraid"
Welp, that is going to be a problem if they associate humans with food. That's one of the main reasons it's illegal to feed one in the wild, and is how people find them in their backyards and swimming pools in Florida.

As for the ridiculousness above this post, what I said was "crocodiles are more aggressive than alligators". What that means is if you encounter a crocodile, you stand a very, very good chance of being bit. If you encounter an alligator, if you're at least 15' away, he's probably not even going to bother putting up a chase.

I did not say that they were like Australian crocs. The point is, I'd rather face down a gator than a croc. I literally did this for a living for 5 fricken years. That was my job, every day, for 10 hours a day, was out in the middle of the fricken Everglades educating people about the differences.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
I donated through my company who in turn matched what I gave.

I will never give money to any religious organization for anything.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:46 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This isn't too much comfort but maybe a small tiny bit.

It's not a crocodile. They don't live in Texas. They are in Florida only with the exception of one sighting in South Carolina in 2000 something.

Texas has gators.

Crocodiles are far more aggressive than alligators. Gators prefer that you leave them alone, and as long as you stay at least 15 feet away, they are likely to leave you alone. A crocodile encounter would be a different story.

The problem is, in the water, the alligator is faster than a human. On land, you just have to run about 100' and they give up the chase because they are actually pretty lazy animals.

So, not a huge consolation, but maybe a tiny one...doesn't matter if they see you, just make sure to keep that distance and all will be okay when it comes to gators. Hopefully no one was dumb enough to be feeding those gators before the storm....
Yep! I realized after I posted it that it was alligator not crocodile!

Old 08-29-2017, 04:48 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
A flood victim slams CNN reporter. Looking for drama and ratings. I noticed there was no CNN logo on the mic and wonder if it was deliberate since they know how despised they are as a news outlet.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:58 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I donated through my company who in turn matched what I gave.

I will never give money to any religious organization for anything.
My company should be matching also - awaiting details. In the past it's mostly gone to the red cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies