Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 12:36 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Jesus. Is it really worth all of this to you? Good grief.

Yeah, but see, you're changing your story again. Earlier you insisted that it was perfectly safe to evacuate millions of people, and now you say that wouldn't have been necessary. Make up your mind. Every time someone calls you out on your BS you change your story. At this point, I don't think even YOU have a clear idea of what you're trying to say anymore.
You keep replying so it must be worth it to you. Did you ask yourself that while up there on your high horse?

Every time you try to shut me up, I'm going to talk. I don't answer to you or your little friend. You can easily solve the situation, but for some reason, you two keep coming back for more. Guess you enjoy it.

I never said "millions of people". You all said it was "6 million people." I said that Houston has 2.3, so no, it would not be "6 million people."

I didn't change a thing.

At this point, I don't think much of anything you say.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:40 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Just because the news doesn't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
And that is the reason the Loony Leftists smugly think they are so well informed. What will they do when they realize they've been lied to and had their news censored in order to keep their hysteria and Trump hate at a fever pitch all for clicks and ratings? Will they all join Antifa? Will they burn the CNN and PMSNBC offices?

Old 08-31-2017, 12:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
See Donny, even Pence can be decent! Watch your vice-president to see how it's done!
Will he wear spike heels?

Old 08-31-2017, 12:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Post 2229 ^ now you know what Houstonians think of your opinion.

Last edited by ATG5; 08-31-2017 at 01:00 PM..

Old 08-31-2017, 12:44 PM

20,098 posts, read 8,998,912 times
doubt Pence would want 8 years as VP and 8 more as Prez

Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
A good president would have visited the victims and shown some compassion. If he was shown handing out water or blankets or otherwise displaying even a minimum of compassion Texans need and deserve right now, my opinion of him might have risen past basement level. No, he chose to surround himself, high and dry, among other politicians and government officials. As FLOTUS, Melania could have taken the opportunity to reach out but I've yet to see her do anything other than change shoes. Disappointed but not surprised.
In which case he'd be accused of using the occasion of human suffering and misery as a photo op. In fact he already has been by media talking heads, even without the conspicuous displays of personal assistance that you're now demanding. Honestly, you think the best use of the President of the United States' time during a large-scale humanitarian crisis is to stand there handing out blankets?

The man can't win no matter what he does. That's why he pays no attention to ankle-nippers like you and all the others in this thread.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You keep replying so it must be worth it to you. Did you ask yourself that while up there on your high horse?

Every time you try to shut me up, I'm going to talk. I don't answer to you or your little friend. You can easily solve the situation, but for some reason, you two keep coming back for more. Guess you enjoy it.

I never said "millions of people". You all said it was "6 million people." I said that Houston has 2.3, so no, it would not be "6 million people."

I didn't change a thing.

At this point, I don't think much of anything you say.
Are you talking 2.3 million in Houston proper or including all the bedroom communities? That could easily account for the different numbers you are arguing about. It's an important distinction to know when you read populations charts. Sometimes both sides of an argument can be right when you don't define clearly what you're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Houston

Quote:
Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land is the fifth-largest metropolitan area in the United States and the second-largest in Texas (after Dallas–Fort Worth) with a population of 6,490,180, as of U.S. Census Bureau's July 1, 2010 estimates.[2][3][4][5][6] The Houston Metro has the largest population area on the Gulf Coast of the United States. The population of the metropolitan area is centered in the city of Houston—the largest economic and cultural center of the American South, with a population of 2.2 million.[7]

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 08-31-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Old 08-31-2017, 12:53 PM

This is what the unhinged media doesn't want you to know about Trump's visit to Corpus Christi. Why?

I don't know if that was right before or right after his briefing in that building with the governor, FEMA, Coast Guard, Sec. Ben Carson and Sec. Dr. Tom Price, Sen. Ted Cruz and other officials. Oh, and Melania was wearing sneakers, which is so important to the Loonies.

The governor revealed that ten days before the hurricane the President and his cabinet were conferring with TX officials about preparing. Why does propaganda media hide this information?

Do any of you people think for yourselves or just believe everything Jim "Ted Baxter" Acosta tells you?

Old 08-31-2017, 12:58 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Love it. Neighbors helping neighbors. Humanity, not partisan politics. Also, people in the South understand what people int he North don't. The Confederate flag is not a symbol of oppression, it's a symbol of Southern pride.

some places--from S-FL - and right now who gives a shyte

Old 08-31-2017, 01:00 PM

Some of you Loonies criticizing the President for not going to Houston don't seem to realize the hardship that would cause people being rescued and getting supplies delivered. The Secret Service would have to close down a wide area. That's why he met the officials in Corpus Christi since people could get there.

Trump got criticized for that during the campaign when he delivered trucks of supplies to flood victims in Louisiana and it wasn't as bad a flood as this.

Loony Leftists whine and complain no matter what Trump does so he shouldn't try to please them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies