Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 04:56 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Wrong!

Besides surviving typhoons, I used to design chemical plants.

This plant was an utter failure from day one.

The plant should have been built on safe ground.

Houston is the worst place to build a chemical plant or oil refinery.

It is time to condemn all dangerous and vital chemical plants and oil refineries along the hurricane prone coasts and built on lands that can easily be inundated.

Higher ground is still within commuting distance of Houston.

This is called city planning.

I realize to Planet Houston where everyone with a gun or the title developer gets to do what ever they please, however, it is time god stepped in and said No to Houston.

This is god with a lower case g.

That god is actually a group of people. Most of them are from London and they are ultimately the ones that can dictate what Houston does and doesn't do with chemical and refinery industry.

They are known by the name of the drinking establishment they used to meet.
I wasn't defending the chemical plant by any means. I was replying to a poster who claimed that none of the mainstream media was covering it.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:08 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,701,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, I'm just completely ignorant.

Yeah, well I've got a Bible verse for YOU as well...and I can go all day with this if you wanna go tit-for-tat. Lemme know. I won't lose this battle because there are dozens where this doozy came from:

Ok...your turn!
I'm not Jewish.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:22 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
I wouldn't expect anything else.

If I was looking for shelter or any kind of help, and I had to choose between going to a church or to a mosque, I'd definitely expect the Muslim to be more helpful. That's a no brainer.

That's no endorsement of their faith, which I detest just as much as I detest Christianity. I just think that Muslims have more empathy for people in immediate need.
Sure they do.. empathy of Muslims, they show it by mowing people down the innocents and shooting them dead just to terrorize people. I just see all those muslims showing empathy and they they danced on roof tops when the Trade Towers went down.. they danced for their empathy. Sure sure.. I see the empathy.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:57 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
OP..
why are you supprised by muslims wanting to help..??Maybe thats why nobody is responding to you?
That and the fact it's after midnight..
I'm not surprised. I don't have an unrational fear of Muslims. But since so many people here on CD do, I figured you'd call it fake news.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't expect anything else.

If I was looking for shelter or any kind of help, and I had to choose between going to a church or to a mosque, I'd definitely expect the Muslim to be more helpful. That's a no brainer.

That's no endorsement of their faith, which I detest just as much as I detest Christianity. I just think that Muslims have more empathy for people in immediate need.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 08-31-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Let's see, Venezuala has offered help, So that country is also maligned.

Murderous drug lords provide life saving operations to dying children in their village.

Confidence men always endear themselves to their victim before striking.

Molesters offer candy treats.

Take the gesture at face value and don't read into it and its a good thing.

The hate and fear mongering media has hyped the malignment and mistreating to create sympathy on one hand and an army of false enemies on the other as straw dogs to divide the nation.
You can take that kind of talk somewhere else. Do "some" extremists pose a problem? YES. No doubt. Do some Extremist (Christians) pose a risk? YES they have and still do.

I have no problem with anyone's religious beliefs so long as they don't distort them to their own benefit and/or agenda.

You have concluded that those who have opened their doors to help members of their community are "buttering them up" so to speak, before they strike with knives in hand. It's absurd and your kind of thinking is just as damning.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My thoughts exactly. People hate Muslims so much they talk about wanting to exterminate them but Joel Osteen, a so called Christian, refused to open his church until he faced severe criticism when the Muslims opened their mosques voluntarily, despite the vicious hatred Americans have toward them.
Oh yeah! Talk about hypocrisy?

Old 08-31-2017, 06:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm not Jewish.
Same God, buddy.

Your beloved Jesus is a member of that tribe and since he's God, the Old Testament was written by him.

So you're Jewish. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Sure they do.. empathy of Muslims, they show it by mowing people down the innocents and shooting them dead just to terrorize people. I just see all those muslims showing empathy and they they danced on roof tops when the Trade Towers went down.. they danced for their empathy. Sure sure.. I see the empathy.
Stop bombing their countries and they won't attack yours.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:20 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
They died true heroes.

RIP

Volunteer Rescue Effort In Houston Turns Tragic As Men Are Electrocuted

Old 08-31-2017, 06:35 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,141,466 times
Quote:
Same God, buddy.

Your beloved Jesus is a member of that tribe and since he's God, the Old Testament was written by him.

So you're Jewish. Sorry.

Stop bombing their countries and they won't attack yours.
One time instructions for a single war, history . Not the how you live instruction manuals which came later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies