Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:38 PM

862 posts, read 519,498 times

Advertisements

And for the record "terrorize" might be a little extreme of a term, but like I said, it's semantics.

If you are more upset about that, than the actual fact that this happened at all, then you are part of the problem (haha I dont really believe that "part of the problem" argument, it is absolutely asinine, the opportunity to use it however was just to good to pass up).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 07:41 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I bet it was tough on the parents trying to explain to their child that he/she was transgender?

Child,"Mommy, what does tramstergerry mean?"

Parent, "it's transgender, and it's what you are."

Child, "I thought I was six not trans, trans, transtender."

Parent, "You're special. I'm special for recognizing you're special. You don't understand how difficult it is raising a transgender child. Now go upstairs and put on those playtime clothes I got for you. I need to get some pictures for my blog, my Facebook, my twitter account and Instagram."
It almost seems that way now.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:42 PM

862 posts, read 519,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I bet it was tough on the parents trying to explain to their child that he/she was transgender?

Child,"Mommy, what does tramstergerry mean?"

Parent, "it's transgender, and it's what you are."

Child, "I thought I was six not trans, trans, transtender."

Parent, "You're special. I'm special for recognizing you're special. You don't understand how difficult it is raising a transgender child. Now go upstairs and put on those playtime clothes I got for you. I need to get some pictures for my blog, my Facebook, my twitter account and Instagram."
Why am I picturing Tommy Pickles from The Rugrats messing up all the adult words, lol

Old 08-25-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
While what the school did was silly, I'm bothered that this is considered national news. Should not even make the local news. It is more of the blame and shame culture even if it is coming from the right.
A little kid told on his classmate for calling him by the name she knew him by last year, and you think the blame and shame is coming from the right?

Old 08-25-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
You seem to be angling towards labeling parents who force transgender identity on a child, as having a variety of Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy. Any parent who would impose such a thing on a helpless child and even worse, have non-reversable procedures carried out, should be locked in a dungeon.
Do you really doubt that is happening now in some cases? Just the sheer number of transgender children doing this now says a lot. And I don't think it's all because people are more open now. Some people love victim status and to be seen as so tolerant, and what better way to achieve that than to openly accept your transgender child who is barely old enough to know how to tie his own shoes, much less choose his/her gender?

Old 08-25-2017, 07:56 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Do you really doubt that is happening now in some cases? Just the shear number of transgender children doing this now says a lot. And I don't think it's all because people are more open now. Some people love victim status and to be seen as so tolerant, and what better way to achieve that than to openly accept your transgender child who is barely old enough to know how to tie his own shoes, much less choose his/her gender?
When I was 6 years old, I thought I was bionic.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Blaire White did a really good video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gtx7OVYby0
Spot on! This is an adult decision and a very personal one, not one to be decided by someone else. What's wrong with these parents? I'm somewhat okay with letting your kid act like a different gender (preferably at home and not school where the decision becomes life-altering), but to have them get surgery at that age is ridiculous. I can believe a parent doing it, but not a doctor. The doctors should flat out refuse to perform the surgery in anyone under 18 at least.

Last edited by katygirl68; 08-25-2017 at 08:23 PM..

Old 08-25-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
What do you call interrogating a 1st grader for an hour and not having the decency to at least call the parents? The girl knew the kid by his boy name last year. How is she supposed to know the kid has a new girl name this year?

This was a gross overreaction on the school's part.
And just who the heck told him to immediately report any kid that did that? What the heck? He couldn't have just been told to say "I go by Wendy now" or something?

Old 08-25-2017, 08:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
If you can provide some proof that public schools are teaching bible verse, i would agree that it is wrong. However, we need to stop with this "1 person is different, so EVERYONE else has to change to accomodate that 1 person". Regardless of what it is.
I can provide proof - although it need not be shown to any well read person - that many millions of dollars are being spent by specific organizations to take local public school cases all the way to the Supreme Court of the USA.

"Some parents in West Virginia are fighting to put an end to a Bible class in public schools.

For nearly 80 years, Bible stories have been taught in Mercer County as part of the regular school week and they’re extremely popular in the community. In a new lawsuit, however, a major lobby for the separation of church and state is arguing that “popular” is not the same as “legal"

Note it says "an end to". That means they are doing it - as are hundreds of other schools.

If you have an extra 1/2 hour do the google to "Christian sue public schools" and read to your hearts content. As mentioned, I have very personal experience with it as one of the teachers who my children loved (and one of the best around) was pilloried by these people.

Look up the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty....

100's of millions of dollars are involved - some of it raised (and much paid to himself and his family) by one of Trumps current lawyers (who also runs such a "charity" and is a radio fundy talk host)....

Anyway, if you don't want to educate yourself about it, take my word for it. It's costing me and you $. My point remains - worry about what is right in front of you and not some "outrage machine output" which has little to do with your life and your $$.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I can provide proof - although it need not be shown to any well read person - that many millions of dollars are being spent by specific organizations to take local public school cases all the way to the Supreme Court of the USA.

"Some parents in West Virginia are fighting to put an end to a Bible class in public schools.

For nearly 80 years, Bible stories have been taught in Mercer County as part of the regular school week and they’re extremely popular in the community. In a new lawsuit, however, a major lobby for the separation of church and state is arguing that “popular” is not the same as “legal"

Note it says "an end to". That means they are doing it - as are hundreds of other schools.

If you have an extra 1/2 hour do the google to "Christian sue public schools" and read to your hearts content. As mentioned, I have very personal experience with it as one of the teachers who my children loved (and one of the best around) was pilloried by these people.

Look up the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty....

100's of millions of dollars are involved - some of it raised (and much paid to himself and his family) by one of Trumps current lawyers (who also runs such a "charity" and is a radio fundy talk host)....

Anyway, if you don't want to educate yourself about it, take my word for it. It's costing me and you $. My point remains - worry about what is right in front of you and not some "outrage machine output" which has little to do with your life and your $$.
Whoa, back up. This lawsuit was filed by people trying to remove the course, not the ones trying to keep it. Who is wasting who's money?

By the way, was that bible course an elective or required?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies