Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 09:47 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Apparently some Christians don't have a problem with me who sexually assault women, as long as they are rich and famous.

Can't say I'm surprised. Money talks BS walks
Bill Clinton

Old 08-27-2017, 10:14 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Do you really think living in a third world environment is wonderful?.. this is what the democrats offer. Not jobs, not self worth , not self esteem.

They build a bunch of cheap housing and give a crumb and that is all? They allow drugs to flow over here to destroy their lives as the idle mind looks for an alternative to stand their meager existence.. I have seen what the democrats created.. Blacks were better off when they owned their own businesses, worked hard, had great family values... it is all changed now and you know it.

Whites just as bad, strung out of drugs.. it never was like this when I was a teen. We worked hard. I had a job at 14 to earn money. And I didn't spend it on drugs. I had a mother and a father in our family.

They are starved for a purpose in life. They have none.
I think I hear shades of Sean Hannity in there somewhere. Geez.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:15 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Many are convinced it is against Gods will to vote anything other than Republican, which is very unfortunate, divisive and confused message. You can see some posters on this thread think exactly like that. Its very unfortunate when Jesus is used as a political tool.
I think that and it's very fortunate that so many Christians also believe this. I know some Dems that seem to be good Christians but the overall Dem platform nets out to be very anti-Christian which is why Atheists, Jews, and Muslims vote heavily for that platform and Christians vote overwhelmingly Republican.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:15 AM

This system of things today will destroy itself. Putting a man to finally work for the people has separated who supports Americans and who don't. Those who love power over the people but not for the people are well known today. God sees all. He knows from beginning to end.

We are heading down the path to destruction now . We have moved away from God as a nation. We have spread our immoral activities all over the globe.
Jesus's followers are in the world but not of this world.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you actually know any Christians? Sounds like you've never met one. What is your source for this denigration of Christians?

I have never known one Christian who advocated for NOT taking care of the poor and being kind.

By the way, since you brought it up; Jesus did not always treat people with "love and compassion," as you said. He called the Pharisees "a pit of vipers." And what did he say to the people who demanded the woman be stoned to death? He blasted them, and said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Jesus was not the milquetoast, soft spoken, gentle person you people imagine he was. That's because you have never read the gospels.
Yes, I know many Christians. Used to be one myself. Worked for a televangelist, went to bible school, street witnessed, brought drug addicts into my home to help them, prayed and fasted days on end for years. Lots of stuff. And don't even start with the "but you weren't really a Christian" BS.

You are right about Jesus not treating the religious people of the time kind. And he shouldn't have. He didn't have a problem with the sinners, he had a problem with the pious religious people who judged everybody and their mother. I'm well aware of who Jesus was. And see my sentence above about reading the gospels. You have no idea about my life.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:19 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Jefferson obviously had a problem with his faith believing he had to seek more of a pure higher faith surpassing a faith based Christian. His realist attitude he believed to be the purist form of Christianity. He felt Superior to other Christian's. He only considered the writings of Jesus. It is still not for me to judge for God said you can know me through my creation. He missed the writing of Jesus that said,you must come as a child to fully know me. Yet Jefferson sought a pure form of being a Christian.
You're increasingly desperate to paint Jefferson as some sort of Christian when there is no way he was. He rejected the divinity of Christ which makes him NOT a Christian. Period, end of story. If you're a self-professed Christian and you're trying to tell everyone that somebody who rejected the divinity of Christ was also a Christian, then you know NOTHING about your own faith. Either that or you're desperate to maintain some sort of political illusion, for what reasons I don't know. If you trying to co-opt the Most Important Definition of your faith in order to maintain some political illusion, then it seems to me your faith is primarily for reasons of political ideology, which is a pretty sad and pathetic reason to maintain a faith.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think that and it's very fortunate that so many Christians also believe this. I know some Dems that seem to be good Christians but the overall Dem platform nets out to be very anti-Christian which is why Atheists, Jews, and Muslims vote heavily for that platform and Christians vote overwhelmingly Republican.
I really don't know what you mean about the Dems being anti-Christian. What are they doing that is so anti-Christian? Please explain. They may not be Christian in name, but many of them actually treat people the way Jesus said we should. Some of the nastiest people I've ever met never miss a prayer meeting. No thanks.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Democratic party is not the party of JFK. It would be unrecognizable to JFK today. It has morphed into a radical thinking group of haters.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:27 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post

In America and the world there are evil ideologies trying to abolish the legacy of Christian America and also trying to do so in Europe
This evil ideology has managed to gradually abolish Christianity from the Middle East, and so does this evil ideology in your country.
It is trying to abolish the idea that Christianity is the true founder of modern America and industrial Europe

This evil ideology knows that Trump knows this fact and I am working to emphasize the Christian legacy to America
But because of American democracy, this evil ideology is working horribly against President Trump
And seeks to fight it too
To be sure, the Christian ethic system is the reason for the admission of immigrants to America
If it were the Islamic moral system that governs America, America will return to life among the jungles and become slaves of black stone if they can not travel to Saudi Arabia
I believe that in America there are several meteorite rocks that are suitable to match the black stone in Mecca
America must not forget its Christian heritage
Because this guarantee for their continued uniform, strong and wonderful

Nice rant not true but non the less a rant.. you do know that Christianity is nothing but a copy of much older pagan belief's right?

The ONLY thing that separate's Christianity is the story of Jesus not that it makes it anymore true.

Let me leave those who for some reason or another believe that this nation was built on any such values. Then again carry on with your delusions if you wish.

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any
sense founded on the Christian Religion, -- as it has in itself no
character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of
Musselmen,-- and as the said States never have entered into any war
or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by
the parties that no pretext arising from religous opinions shall
ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the
two countries."

Treaty signed at Tripoli November 4, 1796, and at Algiers January 3,
1797. Senate advice and consent to ratification June 7, 1797.
Ratified by the President of the United States June 10, 1797
Entered into force June 10, 1797 Proclaimed by the President of the
United States June 10, 1797.

John Adams was president in 1797. Anyone care to look up what he thought about religion?

TREATY OF PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE BEY AND SUBJEC

Old 08-27-2017, 10:28 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
The Democratic party is not the party of JFK. It would be unrecognizable to JFK today. It has morphed into a radical thinking group of haters.
And the Republican party is not the party of Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave seeing what kinds of crap the likes of Donald Trump is parroting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies