Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 04:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

I consider myself an evangelical Christian, and I can't stop wondering why so many of my brothers and sisters in God supported Trump. According to this argument (that all authority is authorized by God), we should support ANY leaders, no matter how evil This view fails to accept the fact that sometimes God puts people in power to judge/punish nations. The Bible is full of such examples, like when God raised armies against Israel (His own people) to teach them a lesson.

Of course it also raises the question why these people speak up about the 'mandate' to support ALL leaders only when republicans are in power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMUoc9BIaY

Old 08-25-2017, 04:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I consider myself an evangelical Christian, and I can't stop wondering why so many of my brothers and sisters in God supported Trump. According to this argument (that all authority is authorized by God), we should support ANY leaders, no matter how evil This view fails to accept the fact that sometimes God puts people in power to judge/punish nations. The Bible is full of such examples, like when God raised armies against Israel (His own people) to teach them a lesson.

Of course it also raises the question why these people speak up about the 'mandate' to support ALL leaders only when republicans are in power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMUoc9BIaY
I think you're misinterpreting Scripture. You'd better do some serious Bible study.

However, I do not think Trump is evil. But I do think the Democrat Party is evil.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think you're misinterpreting Scripture. You'd better do some serious Bible study.
Which part of the Bible did I misinterpret? I have been studying the Bible for some time, so I am open to discuss our disagreement.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:17 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Some evangelicals are the biggest hypocrites. Look at Sarah Huckabee Sanders who constantly lies for the liar in chief. Seems to me like if your religion is like a book you can put on a shelf when you don't need it, tell lies and vote for a Liar just because you think the R beside his name makes him more moral than the D next to the other name. You hypocrites think the Republicans are moral? Think again. They have been playing you people for the fools most of you are for years. You'll accept a guy who admits he grabs women's privates and has no respect for women unless she is "pretty" Trump has been an all time low in Presidents. I would rather not have a president than one that acts like a frat boy with a potty mouth. I just get disgusted listening to his speeches and how he is blameless for anything he didn't like in his administration. His kids are as entitled as he is and I can't understand why they are still using Daddy as a crutch. They went to college and hopefully they learned something.
Why haven't they left the nest? Seems like they are still clinging to Daddy.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:33 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
They are charlatans.

That's why.

Let's be real, the overly political evangelicals are just selfish ****s. They care about themselves and money. They don't worship ****.

Let's look at Trump; the man is a moral mess if you believe in fundamentalist Christianity. And frankly, even if you don't, he's still not a great person. But, he's a Republican which means one thing: conservative justices. That's it. Religious schools can potentially get public funding, changes in campaign finance laws in how they relate to religious organizations... all leading to opportunity for these so called 'church leaders' to make money. Money that goes to their mansions and expensive cars.

I mean, c'mon. You'd have to be a fool to believe these people are Christians. They worship that man who was homeless for most of his adult life, who was a political dissident, who kept company with prostitutes and sinners?

Nonsense.

And, for a thought experiment, take the background of Trump and his various less than ethical dealings... now make him a Democrat. That's all you change. Would the evangelicals support him? Well, you know the answer.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:39 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which part of the Bible did I misinterpret? I have been studying the Bible for some time, so I am open to discuss our disagreement.
All of it.

The Demorat Party is full of people filled with hate of Christians who would do to Christians what Hitler did to the Jews if they got the power.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:40 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Some evangelicals are the biggest hypocrites. Look at Sarah Huckabee Sanders who constantly lies for the liar in chief. Seems to me like if your religion is like a book you can put on a shelf when you don't need it, tell lies and vote for a Liar just because you think the R beside his name makes him more moral than the D next to the other name. You hypocrites think the Republicans are moral? Think again. They have been playing you people for the fools most of you are for years. You'll accept a guy who admits he grabs women's privates and has no respect for women unless she is "pretty" Trump has been an all time low in Presidents. I would rather not have a president than one that acts like a frat boy with a potty mouth. I just get disgusted listening to his speeches and how he is blameless for anything he didn't like in his administration. His kids are as entitled as he is and I can't understand why they are still using Daddy as a crutch. They went to college and hopefully they learned something.
Why haven't they left the nest? Seems like they are still clinging to Daddy.
What he said was because of his money many women would let him grab their private parts. Basically giving it up to increase their chances of getting some of his money. So basically Mr Trump didn't say the nice thing but a true thing about some women. Or do you not believe some trade sex for money. He never said he did it, just that he was sure that because of his wealth that he could find someone willing to trade

Old 08-25-2017, 05:41 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All of it.

The Demorat Party is full of people filled with hate of Christians who would do to Christians what Hitler did to the Jews if they got the power.
It's funny, all of your posts read like this. "I hate Democrats." That seems to be all you say. All you know. Hated.

So perhaps you shouldn't lecture people about Christianity?

Old 08-25-2017, 05:45 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It's funny, all of your posts read like this. "I hate Democrats." That seems to be all you say. All you know. Hated.

So perhaps you shouldn't lecture people about Christianity?
I don't hate anyone....you are the one hating on me because you don't like to hear truth. I didn't lecture people about Christianity, you and OP are trying to do that.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:48 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
What he said was because of his money many women would let him grab their private parts. Basically giving it up to increase their chances of getting some of his money. So basically Mr Trump didn't say the nice thing but a true thing about some women. Or do you not believe some trade sex for money. He never said he did it, just that he was sure that because of his wealth that he could find someone willing to trade
He didn't say trade he said he could do what he wants. That isn't a trade, you can't clean up his intention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies