Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 12:48 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
It's wrong to break the law. Unless you're targeting illegal immigrants, then Trump will pardon you.

illegal immigrants, drug cartels, MS-13 and all the violent garbage coming across the border......yes, I say give anybody that does that a pardon and a medal.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:49 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
illegal immigrants, drug cartels, MS-13 and all the violent garbage coming across the border......yes, I say give anybody that does that a pardon and a medal.
So the ends justify the means?

Old 08-27-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
So the ends justify the means?

what ends????? sorry if you don't get the real fight....this are the open borders and globalism powers behind this.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
what ends????? sorry if you don't get the real fight....this are the open borders and globalism powers behind this.
Um... I'm not sure how what I said was unclear.

To recap, someone said "breaking the law is wrong, unless you do so to target illegal immigrants." You seemed to think that's ok.

Is it right to abuse your power to achieve a righteous goal? Assuming the goal is righteous of course.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javanka2024 View Post
Or if your last name is Trump or Kushner. He will pardon his beloved family.

well better than pardoning the biggest tax evader in history that was a fugitive from justice and Bill Clinton pardoned him because his wife donated millions of dollars to the Democrat party and the Clinton library.

I guess you libs didn't have a problem with that.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Um... I'm not sure how what I said was unclear.

To recap, someone said "breaking the law is wrong, unless you do so to target illegal immigrants." You seemed to think that's ok.

Is it right to abuse your power to achieve a righteous goal? Assuming the goal is righteous of course.

and what law he violated again?/...he was denied a trial by jury....so his "abuse" of power are just allegations and opinion.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
and what law he violated again?/...he was denied a trial by jury....so his "abuse" of power are just allegations and opinion.
I'm not even talking about Arpaio specifically on this.

Someone said "breaking the law is wrong unless you target illegal immigrants." You said "yes, give them a medal and a pardon."

I'm asking you to justify your claim that it's ok to disregard our morals if we feel we're doing the right thing, presumably based on the morals we've previously disregarded (this is why the ends justifying the means is considered bad by almost everyone not guilty of it).

Old 08-27-2017, 01:00 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Here's the bottom line folks, every single president for the last 40 or so years has granted presidential pardons. And, they've done so soon after they got into office. They've also granted pardons to people who were pretty bad guys (i.e., drug traffickers, murderers, etc.). You can actually look it all up on the Justice Dept website here: https://www.justice.gov/pardon/clemencyrecipients

Almost every single presidential pardon has p*ssed off someone and been subject to criticism.

So, maybe the real question that needs to be discussed here is NOT the most recent pardon, but this one:

Should presidents of the United States be able to grant clemency/pardons to persons that have been convicted by the judicial system?

Thoughts on this question?

Old 08-27-2017, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I'm not even talking about Arpaio specifically on this.

Someone said "breaking the law is wrong unless you target illegal immigrants." You said "yes, give them a medal and a pardon."

I'm asking you to justify your claim that it's ok to disregard our morals if we feel we're doing the right thing, presumably based on the morals we've previously disregarded (this is why the ends justifying the means is considered bad by almost everyone not guilty of it).
you have to put things under perspective.......if I break the law for speeding to get to your house to proctect you from an invasion of gang bangers shouldn't that be taken under consideration?

Arizona has a crisis of illegal immigration, drug cartels and violent gangs that crossed the border into Arizona like MS-13 with a membership of 70,000 members.......the Sheriff has 2 options, be passive and let the crime wave get bigger out of control or be aggressive and yes to profile to get intel and control the traffic, that's good police work. They can't count on the feds , they are part of the problem.

so putting everything under perspective then yes, his tactics were legit....either that or let the crime wave suck the state of Arizona and the residents.

Arizona has a large number of illegal immigrants. They commit crimes at a higher rate than the general public. For example, in 2007, illegal immigrants made up nine percent of the adult population in Maricopa County. Yet they received 20 percent of all felony DUIs.They are more likely to commit traffic infractions. A large number of them have not learned U.S. traffic laws. They have less money, so are more likely to have something wrong with their cars. This prompts the police to pull them over.....if that's profiling so be it. Arizona has a lot of illegals that shouldn't be in the country or the state. If the FEDS refuse to do their jobs they took an oath to protect then have the local police do it because its getting out of hand and has been this way for a long time.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:27 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
There were 432 cases of sexual assault and child molestation, often involving Latinos, that were not properly investigated under Arpaio over a three-year period.

Arpaio had his force so aggressively pursuing traffic violations by brown people that they didn't have the time to investigate sexual assault and child molestation.

So don't pretend this is about law and order.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...rights/538119/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies