Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:37 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

In case normal white Americans aren't aware, it's your fault.

'White supremacists by default': How ordinary people made Charlottesville possible

Blame President Trump for his tepid moral response. Call the neo-Nazis and white nationalists thugs. Fill your Facebook and Twitter accounts with moral outrage.

But the tragedy that took place in Charlottesville this month could not have occurred without the tacit acceptance of millions of ordinary, law-abiding Americans who helped create such a racially explosive climate, some activists, historians and victims of extremism say.

Many of the white racists who marched in Charlottesville were condemned because they openly said they don't believe in integration or racial equality.

But millions of ordinary white Americans have been sending that message to black and brown people for at least a half a century.

They send it with their actions: They don't want to live next to or send their children to school with black or brown people, historians say.

I ain't white, but this is ridiculous.

There are good and bad white people.

There are good and bad black people.

Tacit acceptance created a racially explosive climate. Hogwash.

In other words, if you ignore the extremists, it's your fault.

If you deal with the extremists, you become one of them, and it's your fault.

You can't win with these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 07:41 PM

862 posts, read 519,395 times
And then they wonder how Trump became president.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
They're going to hurt the people they claim to be championing.

That's the bottom line.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:04 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
The people at CNN have lost their minds lol.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:09 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
I love articles like this. They drive thousands of people out of the democratic party and warm them up to Trump.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:11 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In case normal white Americans aren't aware, it's your fault.

I ain't white, but this is ridiculous.

There are good and bad white people.

There are good and bad black people.

Tacit acceptance created a racially explosive climate. Hogwash.

In other words, if you ignore the extremists, it's your fault.

If you deal with the extremists, you become one of them, and it's your fault.

You can't win with these people.
Not sure what the point is for this posting. But, what is a 'normal' white American? That is pretty loaded. I think a better way to put it is to say that there are good people and bad people. There are good Christians and there are bad Christians. There are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims. Etc...

I feel like I am teaching a kindergarten class but from many of the postings here, we need to lower the grade. LOL

Old 08-25-2017, 08:12 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
But millions of ordinary white Americans have been sending that message to black and brown people for at least a half a century.
They send it with their actions: They don't want to live next to or send their children to school with black or brown people, historians say.
And of course it is white liberal parents in major metro areas that are most likely to do this, either by moving out of districts that are too black or brown, or abandoning public education altogether in favor of private schools.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:20 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,697 times
I don't know the history. We are very new to america. This is not at all true from my experience so far. We interact with white parents in school meetings, scout camps and recreation sports. I think, they actually put more effort in activities and help other parents who are not familiar with the stuff. There are always going to be some bad apples irrespective of color. Just ignore them and keep moving forward. CNN creates these race biting narrative in most of their programs.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:25 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,041,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I love articles like this. They drive thousands of people out of the democratic party and warm them up to Trump.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
I don't know the history. We are very new to america. This is not at all true from my experience so far. We interact with white parents in school meetings, scout camps and recreation sports. I think, they actually put more effort in activities and help other parents who are not familiar with the stuff. There are always going to be some bad apples irrespective of color. Just ignore them and keep moving forward. CNN creates these race biting narrative in most of their programs.
You may be new to America, but you already know CNN is a big part of the problem.

Glad your experience is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies