Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 06:48 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times

Advertisements

Jim Brown is lucky he's didn't serve a very long sentence for some of his antics/behavior in past decades. He's no moral authority or role model for anyone, period.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Jim Brown is lucky he's didn't serve a very long sentence for some of his antics/behavior in past decades. He's no moral authority or role model for anyone, period.
You are right, but so is he. CK is a jerk, moron or whatever you want to call him. and a spoiled obnoxious brat. I wonder what his parents are thinking of him right now or maybe, what they thought when he started his knee taking, knowing he certainly wasn't praying.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are right, but so is he. CK is a jerk, moron or whatever you want to call him. and a spoiled obnoxious brat. I wonder what his parents are thinking of him right now or maybe, what they thought when he started his knee taking, knowing he certainly wasn't praying.
Actually, Kap's mother is proud of him - for taking a stand and for his charity and community work.

C'mon now - the guy's never been arrested, in trouble with the law, or doing some of the domestic violence that other athletes have been charged with? And you're all losing your minds over taking a knee? Puh-leeze.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:56 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Actually, Kap's mother is proud of him - for taking a stand and for his charity and community work.

C'mon now - the guy's never been arrested, in trouble with the law, or doing some of the domestic violence that other athletes have been charged with? And you're all losing your minds over taking a knee? Puh-leeze.
I would protest police brutality in other ways. However, I'm not getting in a huff about this. And I notice there is less animosity over domestic violence of NFL players than this. It makes me wonder about some individuals.

And calling Kaepernick a "gang banger", I will give my opinion. I think some people say this about him because he's Black. I can't really prove it, but it's just my opinion.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:17 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Is Great View Post
I'm real tired of Blacks and their racism against whites and fake claims of racism. Boo Hoo. Get a job
Too bad. Nothing you can do personally. And to the Blacks who have jobs, what do you have to say to them?

Based on your posts, I could say that you aren't any better than the persons you call racists.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:37 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Too bad. Nothing you can do personally. And to the Blacks who have jobs, what do you have to say to them?

Based on your posts, I could say that you aren't any better than the persons you call racists.
That's what identity politics does, the media is doing a great job of making everything race related and then they ask why are we so divided. It's like hollywood actors who glorify violence and guns and then talk about mass shootings and complain about guns being rooted deep into our culture, well duh, you are the reason!

Old 11-07-2017, 05:50 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
That's what identity politics does, the media is doing a great job of making everything race related and then they ask why are we so divided. It's like hollywood actors who glorify violence and guns and then talk about mass shootings and complain about guns being rooted deep into our culture, well duh, you are the reason!
Totally! Like those people who talk about hipsters being white all the time!

Old 11-09-2017, 09:37 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
I think it's funny how people are more offended by those kneeling during the national anthem than they are of the Westboro Baptist Church picketing dead soldiers funerals. Did you know that many of the WBC members are attorneys, nurses, and public servants?

Old 11-09-2017, 10:51 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I think it's funny how people are more offended by those kneeling during the national anthem than they are of the Westboro Baptist Church picketing dead soldiers funerals. Did you know that many of the WBC members are attorneys, nurses, and public servants?
The difference why there isnt more anger is because there isnt the mainstream media or an entire political party supporting the behavior of the WBC.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:49 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Well the Phelps family basically made their church an extension of their family law firm - they use that to sue parties who get upset at their antics and generate legal fees to keep their "church" going. Can't say they don't know the 1st Amendment inside and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies