Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 08:03 PM

566 posts, read 501,284 times

Advertisements

Commie bastards are coming for you next.

SF exposed lies of MLK jr, Jesse, fat Al, Alex Haley's "Roots" fraud, Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, BLM, Liberalism, and other Commie, Bolshevik, leftist, *******, anti-European orgs and causes.
Goodbye America, it was nice knowing ya' all.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:12 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,316,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Do you know that network solutions hosted them for 20 years? How are you sure?

You will not see millions on the dark web. But, hey, give it a shot.

As far as what happened...that's pretty simple, but a book could also be written on it. Simply put:
"The GOP went off the rails and billionaires financed a vast number of outlets which fostered hate - so many that hate become mainstream and we entered backwards world. Once we went that far down the rabbit hole, it wasn't very far to get to wearing Nazi armbands and stating constantly that all Jews should be gassed".

I hope that partially answers your question about how we got here. None of the evil movements of history started in a day or a week. You could just as well say "All Germany wanted to do was to protect itself and build up the economy - yet 15 years later they were responsible for 50 million dead. How did we get from "fixing the highways" to "gassing the vermin"...???
Why did network solutions agree to host them before at all for any period of time?How were they around for 20 years , accomplishing very little it seems. Why did cloudflare or any of these tech companies deal with daily stormer for years. Did all these companies just wake up one morning with a conscience that wasnt there before or did they bow to political pressure and groups?

Was daily stormer and stormfront any different in the years before when these companies dealt with them

Judging from this interview with the ceo from cloudfare he doesnt seem to sure of his decision and the vice interviewer ,as liberal as they are, seems to think he made a horrible decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXWJgmhP1c

Old 08-26-2017, 08:16 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,583,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't you mean if you value hate speech?
What is hate speech? anything the left doesnt like?

Old 08-26-2017, 08:27 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,876,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Why did network solutions agree to host them before at all for any period of time?How were they around for 20 years , accomplishing very little it seems. Why did cloudflare or any of these tech companies deal with daily stormer for years. Did all these companies just wake up one morning with a conscience that wasnt there before or did they bow to political pressure and groups?

Was daily stormer and stormfront any different in the years before when these companies dealt with them

Judging from this interview with the ceo from cloudfare he doesnt seem to sure of his decision and the vice interviewer ,as liberal as they are, seems to think he made a horrible decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXWJgmhP1c
Public opinion and money is why Network Solutions did what they did. The white supremacist movement feels emboldened by Trump being in the WH, whether they should feel emboldened or not is an entirely different conversation, but they do, and they are trying to get there own elected (which is failing) or trying to gain influence. A lot of resentment and anger has been pointed at this group which has gotten a lot of media attention, and thats a lot of potential money to lose if they (liberals) declare a boycott on Network Solutions. Whether people like it or not, the tech industry is dominated by liberals or those who lean liberal. Network Solutions has a lot of risk keeping onto a company like Stormfront. I mean really, how much money can Network Solutions be making off keeping them, $1000 a year?

If Hillary had won instead of Trump, Stormfront would likely still be there, which is wrong in itself, but there would be no pressure on Network Solutions to get rid of Stormfront.

My personal opinion is there should be anti-hate speech laws. We can make them very specific exemptions, like racial/ethnic hatred or promotion of violence.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Having had computers since 1979 and published large web sites (millions of monthly views) since 1994, I think I get the basics of how these things work.

First, as I'm sure you agree, every sane person has backups. So that is not an issue. If they lose the site for that reason, they deserve it (I lost lots of stuff when I was ignorant of the basics of backup).

Also, if SF has a legal case to get their content back, they can sue. However, a host has no obligation to posses backups or data, so they could simply have deleted it so this wouldn't come up later. Again, if SF has been wronged, they can sue for damages.

A web site is not tied to an IP for more than a few moments. The tables on the internet are constantly refreshed. You can have 100 web sites at one IP....or a web site with no fixed IP (dynamic DNS).

Now - if I understand you right you may be claiming that the registrar is inserting false information into the update tables constantly...which I have a hard time with...thinking that this is not legal nor would they do this. This would be actively (daily, hourly) putting in false information about the IP and name.

More likely they just removed the DNS entry altogether. That means SF can find a new IP (or use dynamic to host it at home, etc.)....and then update the tables and - done! Stormfront then equals the new IP.

Taking it even further, since "the google" knows all, the SF forum guys could simply register a new URL called "stoormfront" or "strumfront" and then, in the text of the front page and meta descriptions, call it Storm Front. In about a week everyone would find the new URL.

I don't see ANY situation where the site cannot be put back up IF the admins don't want to play "victim".
yes based on my whois/lookup searches the domain has been locked, but I think you'd know this as you claim to be technically apt.

Domain Name: STORMFRONT.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D904136-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2017-08-25T10:24:48Z
Creation Date: 1995-01-11T05:00:00Z
Domain Status: clientHold https://icann.org/epp#clientHold
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited

more interesting is how old the domain is and its just now a problem???? statues 1 week, domains the next, what will it be next libs? the constitution?

granted this is a company choosing not to do business with 1 customer, doesn't sound much different than the wedding cake situation eh ?

they can use a different registrar assuming network solutions doesnt lock the domain for the remainder of the registered period or indefinitely, which I'd certainly see as a possibility given as pressure from the libs is likely what prompted this to start with.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,611,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
100% free speech isn't all that some crack it up to be. Some voices should be suppressed.
How would you like it if the government decided that YOUR views should be suppressed?

I totally disagree with your statement, and fortunately, so do most Americans.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
So you mean my friends in the Patriot Riders are lefties for shutting down Westboro Baptist Church?

Funny....I though most Americans were united behind basic decency. Posts likes your show me I may be mistaken.

I hope to see you at the next "ride" standing with the Haters expressing your "anti-liberal" speech.
Its clear they arent unless you've been living under a rock the last decade.

You wont see me at any such thing, I have much more important and better things to do.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Why. Who wants to do business with white supremacists. It's no different then them not allowing Islamist websites.

100% free speech isn't all that some crack it up to be. Some voices should be suppressed.
terrible statement, who gets to decide which ones get suppressed.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,519,167 times
Private company, so it isn't covered by the First Amendment.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-26-2017 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-26-2017, 09:58 PM

20,251 posts, read 19,828,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What defines hate speech?
Any speech that I find hateful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies