Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 08:23 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'll give you belligerent, but jealous is just silly.

And, no, it's not a "sign of intelligence" (which I doubt cultists could discern anyway), but I maintain that this thread has proven many--if not all--of Cult 45 are extremely misguided.
I find this funny coming from a person that believed that Trump had no chance of beating Hillary. The same people believed every unfounded claim made by unnamed sources despite almost every one of these reports being proven false.

The democrats, and especially the ones on this forum, have proven time, and again that they have no ability to observe, orient, and understand what the likely outcome will be. Even after two years of seeing Trump daily, they still have absolutely no clue about how to read President Trump. This is a direct result of getting their news from sources that have proven beyond any doubt that they are not credible media outlets.

No matter how many times I told the dems on here that Hillary was never up by 5-10 points, no matter how much evidence I provided, they refused to listen, why, because CNN told them Hillary was going to win by a landslide. Now, no matter how many times I tell the dems to turn off CNN, and other such discredited media outlets, they still refuse to listen, that my friends is being truly misguided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 09:53 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
First... calling people names and making false accusations is not the way to win people over.
Tough biscuits, snowflake. Nobody cares about your butthurt. You made, and continue to make, stupid and self-destructive decisions that are threatening the very survival of our system of government. You've put our entuire democracy at risk, and hey - you know what? Some of us are pretty cheesed off at you for that, and we don't feel a burning need to cut you any slack and ease up on you. So deal with it.

As for "winning you over" - most of you, there is no way to win over. You're gone. We've written you off. Most of the country is giving up on you and moving on. The core Trump cult has demonstrated that they can not be expected to process information and arrive at rational conclusions, or to make intelligent decisions. If the Democrats are smart, and design a platform that legitmately addresses the concerns of the American working class, then a certain percentage of Trump supporters may come around and realize that Democratic policies are better aligned with their interests. And that should b e the goal of the Democrats. But the hard-core Trump cult? Let 'em burn in hell as far as I'm concerned. Don't waste a moment's effort on trying to "win them over."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So calling people "cultists", and "dumb" is a sign of intelligence? Or is it just belligerent, and jealous?
What a silly thing to say. It's not a "sign" of anything one way or the other, except that we think Trumpheads are idiots. Doesn't say anything at all about our own intellligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'll give you belligerent, but jealous is just silly.

And, no, it's not a "sign of intelligence" (which I doubt cultists could discern anyway), but I maintain that this thread has proven many--if not all--of Cult 45 are extremely misguided.

Every thread they post in proves that. The average American conservative these days is nothing but an imbecile. I have never once met a Trumphead - either in real life or on the internet - who I would consider an intelligent person. It's not simply the fact that they support Trump that makes them idiots; it's all the incredibly stupid things they have to make themselves believe in order to support him and the current Repubican agenda. Short version is, they just don't know **** - and they're actually proud that they don't know ****. They wear it as a badge of honor. I'm sorry, but there's no other word for that than "moron."

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I find this funny coming from a person that believed that Trump had no chance of beating Hillary. The same people believed every unfounded claim made by unnamed sources despite almost every one of these reports being proven false.

The democrats, and especially the ones on this forum, have proven time, and again that they have no ability to observe, orient, and understand what the likely outcome will be. Even after two years of seeing Trump daily, they still have absolutely no clue about how to read President Trump. This is a direct result of getting their news from sources that have proven beyond any doubt that they are not credible media outlets.

No matter how many times I told the dems on here that Hillary was never up by 5-10 points, no matter how much evidence I provided, they refused to listen, why, because CNN told them Hillary was going to win by a landslide. Now, no matter how many times I tell the dems to turn off CNN, and other such discredited media outlets, they still refuse to listen, that my friends is being truly misguided.
Don't be ridiculous. Of course she was up by 5 or 10. She lost the lead at the end, but she had been up by large margins earlier. Hell, she still won the popular vote by over 2%.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:08 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
They probably get it from TrumpTv and Breitbart. Lets not forget Facebook meme's too.
This is about right. Facebook memes are a big one. Remember when Obama took down the American flag in the White House and put up a Muslim prayer curtain in its place? You did if you are a conservative or have a lot of conservative friends on social media.

Other than that, Breitbart, Alex Jones, and AM talk radio, specifically shows like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Mark Levin.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:11 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
You should get your news from text only sources with little bias. I read AP stories. They can be biased, but it's not so bad.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:15 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
So far, it's pretty much a failed thread.
So far the thread just proves that Conservatives are too scared to say where they get their news from.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Bias is fine. Everybody is biased in one way or another, but the media portraits itself as the fair and the just. In reality, the media is the lying propaganda machine for the DNS. The media should be for the truth and should take on the neutral role.

I like to listen to Daily Wires, Ben Shapiro Show. He's biased towards the right, but he's for the truth. You hear him criticizes left and right when criticism is due - I don't agree with everything he said, but at least he's seeking for the truth.

Also, only the crazy portion of the right take inforwar serious, just like the left take all the left leaning media serious.
NO, LOL

Ben Shapiro is not seeking the truth. He has specifically said his opinions are based on His bible, the morality that comes from it, and the Conservative ideology.

That means he is in no way seeking the truth,but rather simply laying out why his side is right.

You not agreeing with him on everything doesnt mean he is "seeking the truth "

Old 08-27-2017, 10:44 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
But they still spout left wing ideology. The NYT is "respected" worldwide also, yet are far left. No?
By your standards, most of the developed world is "left wing". It's like a morbidly obese person saying that everyone else, even chubby people, is anorexic, when in fact they're the ones who are far from middle ground.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing to be an extreme right winger. I'm just saying that's probably one reason why everyone else seems "left biased" to you.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
By your standards, most of the developed world is "left wing". It's like a morbidly obese person saying that everyone else, even chubby people, is anorexic, when in fact they're the ones who are far from middle ground.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing to be an extreme right winger. I'm just saying that's probably one reason why everyone else seems "left biased" to you.
And wouldn't you argue the reverse is true. If you are so far left -- extreme left -- wouldn't most people, the rest of the world seem right biased?

Yeah -- I think we need to do like skating scores -- get rid of the highest and the lowest -- or get rid of the extremes and go from there -- lol. (yes i'm being silly -- you have to be at some point or you get dragged down like some here ).

Old 08-27-2017, 10:53 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Bias is something you can’t remove (especially in political reporting) so your best bet may be to just understand what each news source is good for given what you are trying to get out of the news.

I watch Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Michael Savage, Anderson Cooper, youngturks, Mark Dice,
Paul Joseph Watson, etc, etc, etc..

Old 08-27-2017, 10:56 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
I watch all the main networks. Luckily everything these politicians say is caught on film so I can see directly what they are saying. Otherwise I think FOX is the worst. They've basically convinced people who only watch right wing outlets that all the so-called "lamestream" is lying. They've done this so they can in turn tell even bigger lies. Think about what has gone on at that network with all the sexual harassment of women. While the cameras were rolling this was the "family values" network. Behind the scenes by accounts of the women it was more like the Playboy Mansion. FOX calls everything else "elite" yet only an elite outfit could have gotten away with this as long as they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies