Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 12:06 AM

983 posts, read 739,044 times

Advertisements

https://worldpoliticus.com/2017/08/2...ts-euthanized/

Quote:
Many people would gladly have Katie Hopkins removed from TV shows. The liberal British TV personality was part of The Apprentice, and made a shocking statement. Hopkins doesn’t really know how things work, and she better stop acting like an expert. The liberal supports the euthanasia of old people, and her excuse is the lamest thing you will ever hear.
Even as awful as this is she has some very awful views on other things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_...s#Social_class

Quote:
During an appearance on ITV's This Morning in July 2013, Hopkins revealed she would stop her children playing with their classmates based on their given names. She revealed a particular dislike for "lower class" names like Charmaine, Chantelle, and Chardonnay, which met with disapproval from co-host Holly Willoughby.[58] Hopkins said that she did not like "geographical location names" either. After Willoughby's colleague, Phillip Schofield, pointed out that she had given the name India to one of her daughters, Hopkins asserted that India is "not related to a place".[59] A viewers' poll conducted by the This Morning programme indicated that 91% of respondents disagreed with Hopkins opinion.[59]
Horrible woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 12:10 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Yes, I think I read somewhere that all liberals believe this. I know that I sure do. I don't trust no girl named Chardonnay!

Old 08-30-2017, 02:02 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
She's actually a Trump supporter..according to your own link.

Anyhoo...

Old 08-30-2017, 02:07 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

Anyhoo...
Oops.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:52 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Fake News!

Old 08-30-2017, 04:29 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,216 times
Quote:

Anyhoo...
I read the story, and nowhere did I see that she's a Trump supporter. Could it be you made it up? Not to mention, isn't she British? Did she vote for Trump?

As to the actual story and putting stupid statements aside, euthanasia for people is a good idea. Everyone should have a Euthanasia Directive right next to their DNR. This business of keeping vegetables alive is ridiculous. Just because medicine has found a way, a very expensive, lucrative (to them) way to keep people with ZERO quality of life breathing doesn't mean they should. Being dead is certainly no worse than living in perpetual lala land.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:32 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
https://worldpoliticus.com/2017/08/2...ts-euthanized/

Even as awful as this is she has some very awful views on other things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_...s#Social_class

Horrible woman.
I am totally unfamiliar with the person BUT I agree with this actually.
I think euth for those who are suffering is as humane as euth for animals.
You think dying sloooowwwly of Alzheimer's is fun?

Old 08-30-2017, 05:06 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
I am totally unfamiliar with the person BUT I agree with this actually.
I think euth for those who are suffering is as humane as euth for animals.
You think dying sloooowwwly of Alzheimer's is fun?
Agreed. I'm sure many of us have had this conversation with our spouses - if it gets too bad, put me out of my misery.

I watched my mom suffer with cancer - only a few months where it got very bad, but it felt like forever. I can't even imagine people suffering like that for years. It's beyond cruel.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:13 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,721,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I read the story, and nowhere did I see that she's a Trump supporter. Could it be you made it up? Not to mention, isn't she British? Did she vote for Trump?

Apparently you didn't read too carefully:

"Donald Trump thanked Hopkins in December 2015 for her "powerful writing on the U.K.'s Muslim problems", and described her as a "respected columnist".[85][86]

Hopkins supported Trump's Republican presidential nomination in the Daily Mail during December: "I hear cries that he is a blithering idiot. I have often been called a deranged fool. But if this were true you could ignore me, ignore us, imaging [sic] the two of us shouting naked at the rain. It's because we articulate sentiments repressed by the politically correct consensus that we have a voice".[87] Hopkins defended his remarks that all Muslims should be banned from entering the United States. Trump thanked Hopkins for her support, calling her a "respected journalist", although the Metropolitan Police and the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson among others, rejected his comments that there are 'no go' areas of London for non-Muslims. Hopkins asserted that Britain is in part "radicalised" and "it does nobody any favours to deny the obvious".[85][88]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_...s#Donald_Trump

Old 08-30-2017, 05:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:

Anyhoo...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OP please change the title of this thread immediately. It is a LIE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies