Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 09:54 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
So they're marching for a group of maybe 200 crazy nutcases? LOL. ok.

When did 2017 suddenly become 1963, again?

Good job for giving these people more power, guys! Here's a wacky idea, why not just...ignore this small group of people and stop giving them attention.

I swear, whoever is pulling the strings behind these things are fueling all of this.
On the bold, wanted to note that it is not wise to ignore problems, they grow into larger problems. IMO the fact that white supremacists groups and their defenders have been ignored pretty well for the past 25-30 years is a major reason why more and more people are joining and/or aligning themselves with those organizations and ideology.

This reminded me of one of my favorite WEB DuBois quotes (it is one that I use to speak of the black inferiority complex with people I know and ways in which to solve this sort of ideology in black American's psyches but it can apply to this topic):

Quote:
A certain hard common sense in facing the complicated phenomena of political life must be expected over every progressive people. In some respects we as a nation seem to lack this; we have the somewhat inchoate idea that we are not destined to be harassed with great social questions, and that if we are, and fail to answer them, the fault is with the question and not with us. Consequently we often congratulate ourselves more on getting rid of a problem than on solving it. Such as attitude is dangerous; we have and shall have, as other people have had, critical momentous, and pressing questions to answer. The riddle of the Sphinx may be postponed, it may be evasively answered now; sometime it must be fully answered.
On the OP topic, I think it is a good thing that some white people are concerned about white supremacy ideology. I think they are rather wishy washy in the description of what they hope to accomplish and their aims or goals, but white supremacy ideology, as was stated in the first OP link actually does have a historical hold in our society. Via my own personal studies, I believe that it can only be solved by whites in America and that blacks shouldn't really be all that involved in trying to curtail it any further than we already have. It, IMO is a psychological issue of some people in America. As a black American, I'm only really concerned about it from a black perspective and how black Americans internalize this ideology and then condemn themselves to an inferiority complex. So I see the march as a start of sorts for whites to discuss this within their own neighborhoods and communities and friends/family members. Some will consider and contemplate over the subject, some will not, but change has to come from within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 09:55 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
And to think our tax dollars are paying for these liberals welfare checks so they can march for 10 days... don't they have jobs! dead beats!

Old 08-29-2017, 10:09 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
And to think our tax dollars are paying for these liberals welfare checks so they can march for 10 days... don't they have jobs! dead beats!
What about all the LEO OT Virginia is going to pay out for them to have a safe walk?

Old 08-30-2017, 08:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold, wanted to note that it is not wise to ignore problems, they grow into larger problems. IMO the fact that white supremacists groups and their defenders have been ignored pretty well for the past 25-30 years is a major reason why more and more people are joining and/or aligning themselves with those organizations and ideology.

This reminded me of one of my favorite WEB DuBois quotes (it is one that I use to speak of the black inferiority complex with people I know and ways in which to solve this sort of ideology in black American's psyches but it can apply to this topic):

On the OP topic, I think it is a good thing that some white people are concerned about white supremacy ideology. I think they are rather wishy washy in the description of what they hope to accomplish and their aims or goals, but white supremacy ideology, as was stated in the first OP link actually does have a historical hold in our society. Via my own personal studies, I believe that it can only be solved by whites in America and that blacks shouldn't really be all that involved in trying to curtail it any further than we already have. It, IMO is a psychological issue of some people in America. As a black American, I'm only really concerned about it from a black perspective and how black Americans internalize this ideology and then condemn themselves to an inferiority complex. So I see the march as a start of sorts for whites to discuss this within their own neighborhoods and communities and friends/family members. Some will consider and contemplate over the subject, some will not, but change has to come from within.
I would like to know what factual data you use when stating <bold>? Is it true information or just wobbly,flimsy conclusions used to justify what is now going on?

I don't believe the Klan or any other white supremacy group is growing or even if it is by very much at all...

Any claims by the Southern Poverty LIE center are not to be believed by any rational person.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I would like to know what factual data you use when stating <bold>? Is it true information or just wobbly,flimsy conclusions used to justify what is now going on?

I don't believe the Klan or any other white supremacy group is growing or even if it is by very much at all...

Any claims by the Southern Poverty LIE center are not to be believed by any rational person.
The FBI and Department of Homeland Security has made reports about the increases in white supremacists violence, attacks, and growth of their reach and participation rates on social media.

FWIW, them investigating these groups and individuals is one of the reasons why I didn't want to see Stormfront taken down. The FBI and Dept of Homeland Security uses that site and others to monitor the activities of participants/members.

Heres a link about the prevalence of violence from these groups versus Islamic terrorist and how violence associated with them grew in 2009 after Obama was elected. Included in it is the report from the FBI and DHS.

They have other reports on their websites that speak to the growth of the ideology as well.

FBI and DHS Warned of Growing Threat From White Supremacists Months Ago

From the link:
Quote:
The bulletin’s numbers appear to correspond with outside estimates. An independent database compiled by the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute found that between 2008 and 2016, far-right plots and attacks outnumbered Islamist incidents by almost 2 to 1.

The cases cited in the intelligence report include an 18-year-old Chinese student in Nashville, Indiana, who was attacked by a white supremacist with a hatchet; the murder of an African-American man in Fort Wayne, Indiana; and the stabbing of Klansman in East Yanceyville, North Carolina, by other KKK members, who believed the victim was Jewish and secretly working for law enforcement.
I also do consider SPLC a valid organization since they investigate all sorts of hate groups, not just white supremacists. They also focus a lot on tracking internet activity. Not sure why you would automatically consider them a non-valid resource on this subject.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:12 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It is ILLEGAL for pedestrians to walk along an interstate. I hope they are all ticketed.
They're supposedly following U.S. 29. It's a four-lane divided highway with 55 mph speed limits outside of the towns, but it's not an interstate or other type of expressway. I have no idea what the law says about walking on a highway like that.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:16 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Tell me when the left marches/demonstrates in places not so friendly to their causes. It seems to me like they are always preaching to the choir.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
The FBI and Department of Homeland Security has made reports about the increases in white supremacists violence, attacks, and growth of their reach and participation rates on social media.

FWIW, them investigating these groups and individuals is one of the reasons why I didn't want to see Stormfront taken down. The FBI and Dept of Homeland Security uses that site and others to monitor the activities of participants/members.

Heres a link about the prevalence of violence from these groups versus Islamic terrorist and how violence associated with them grew in 2009 after Obama was elected. Included in it is the report from the FBI and DHS.

They have other reports on their websites that speak to the growth of the ideology as well.

FBI and DHS Warned of Growing Threat From White Supremacists Months Ago

From the link:
I also do consider SPLC a valid organization since they investigate all sorts of hate groups, not just white supremacists. They also focus a lot on tracking internet activity. Not sure why you would automatically consider them a non-valid resource on this subject.
While the white supremacists activities might be growing that doesn't mean their membership is. Secondly, the Souther Poverty LIE center has for many years now deviated from their original mission and have become nothing more than a propaganda arm/hate group for the Progressive machine.
Just look at how many times they've labeled "hate" groups on the flimsiest of circumstances or no real evidence at all except they didn't like what was said.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:24 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Quote:
The cases cited in the intelligence report include an 18-year-old Chinese student in Nashville, Indiana, who was attacked by a white supremacist with a hatchet; the murder of an African-American man in Fort Wayne, Indiana; and the stabbing of Klansman in East Yanceyville, North Carolina, by other KKK members, who believed the victim was Jewish and secretly working for law enforcement.

In no way will I defend those attacks you've cited. But I'd like to know how many people were killed or injured during leftist violence during the period in question, including but not limited to Black Lives Matter riots, anti-Trump demonstrations, Antifa protests, etc. -- to say nothing of white and Asian people routinely targeted by ghetto blacks. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm willing to bet that they would be substantially higher than what's been meted out by white supremacists.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In no way will I defend those attacks you've cited. But I'd like to know how many people were killed or injured during leftist violence during the period in question, including but not limited to Black Lives Matter riots, anti-Trump demonstrations, Antifa protests, etc. -- to say nothing of white and Asian people routinely targeted by ghetto blacks. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm willing to bet that they would be substantially higher than what's been meted out by white supremacists.
You can review DHS and FBI for other groups.

In regards to "ghetto blacks" why didn't you mention black people who are WAY more likely to be attacked by "ghetto blacks" than whites or Asians....

That was an odd comment IMO but the FBI also tracks hate crimes.

I'll also note that the guy who killed the woman in Charlottesville live in my area. We have had skinhead gangs go around, even in my neighborhood last summer, and beat up old black people and Latinos on the street. All of these sorts of things are tracked by LE so you can look up that information. They also submit it to the FBI. Usually DHS gets involved too if there is some sort of terroristic plot. A white supremacist came to my area a few years ago and tried to set our area's mosque on fire/blow it up. He was caught. There was also a plot by white supremacists to kill "Jews" and "African Americans" involvedin NAACP in NW OH and SE MI about 3-4 years ago and those guys are in prison and I believe will be released this year.

On BLM, I'm not aware of them killing anyone in riots nor the anti-Trump demonstrators and neither group, unlike these white supremacists actively plan to kill people and see people, based on skin color as beneat them. BLM in my area is half white...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies