Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 01:32 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post

BLM marchers have chanted stuff like "kill pigs" during the marches. They've thrown stuff at police and caused riots and looting in a few cities. And one BLM activist murdered a couple of cops in Dallas as well.
BLM's reputation has already been irreversibly tainted with violence and extremism.
In your mind these acts you describe are equivalent to Dylan Roof walking into a church being greeted in Christian fellowship and murdering 9 people because they are black?
Or James Fields plowing his car into peaceful marchers protesting Nazi and the cu cLx klan killing 1 and injuring 18?

Old 08-29-2017, 01:47 PM

882 posts, read 688,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Youre bursting no bubble here as I never said anything to the contrary, not sure why this specific point is such a stick-up-the-anus for so many conservatives?!?!?

It's almost cringeworthy how otherwise decent folks rush to defend Nazis( forgodssakes) just because they also voted for Trump....who cares if they also voted for Trump? You guys are better than that-right?

True but the dialogue needs to start somewhere and if that means at a rally then why not?
Actually the implication of your post was exactly that the rhetoric was one sided. And I suspect any logical thinking person would read it just that way. As for the rest of your comment, I have no idea what you're talking about or your reasoning for making the comment in relation to my post (it's completely illogical). Thanks.

Last edited by Independentthinking; 08-29-2017 at 02:11 PM..

Old 08-29-2017, 02:12 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That's pretty much just another way of saying what I just said. Either way it's wrong to equate them to Nazi's//KKK and the like.
I disagree, they are both cancer and need to be removed from society

Old 08-29-2017, 02:14 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Actually the implication of your post was exactly that the rhetoric was one sided. And I suspect any logical thinking person would read it just that way.
Nope not all.

You responded to this:
Actually I think in this unstable political climate and divisive rhetoric coming from DC, it's rather important for people who might believe differently to jointly declare that some things are unacceptable.

Absolutely.

What about this^ places blame on any one 'side'?

Old 08-29-2017, 02:27 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I disagree, they are both cancer and need to be removed from society
Disagree with what? That they aren't equal? So you're saying that Antifa is just as bad as the KKK/Nazi's?

Old 08-29-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Disagree with what? That they aren't equal? So you're saying that Antifa is just as bad as the KKK/Nazi's?
Yeah I am, AntiFa has caused a lot of destruction and hatred. It's a matter of debating what is worse... bladder cancer or lung cancer... we are splitting hairs here.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaPallasAthena View Post
To the person who anonymously upvoted my comment to say "If you're referring to the guy in the OP, he wasn't a journalist, per se, he's a youtuber. And he wasn't physically attacked, as in assaulted. He was verbally attacked, & surrounded w/a banner of some kind. There was no violence."

You are wrong if you think there was no violence today or against anyone.

Masked antifa swarm at Berkeley rally, assaulting several | Daily Mail Online Scroll through the pictures.

Pictures here of the beaten photographer:
- Masked antifa swarm at Berkeley rally, assaulting several | Daily Mail Online
- Masked antifa swarm at Berkeley rally, assaulting several | Daily Mail Online

Also, why comment anonymously?
I think people have no idea what assault means. In legal terms we say assault and battery. Assault is not a physical thing though. Battery is the physical part of the interaction. When we say someone was assaulted it is the verbal abuse and the threats. If I say that I am going to hit you, that is assault. If I hit you, that is battery.

Assault is considered violent, when it is violent in nature, and why wouldn't it be? You don't get arrested for saying things that are not violent in nature. Assault occurs when someone says something that you believe they can pull off. If what they say scares you and you feel threatened you have every right to protect yourself and call in the Police.

We use this example at the hospital where I work. Lets say that a 92 year old man gets upset and says he is going to hit the next person he sees. If the guy looks frail and maybe he could not pull it off you might let that comment go.

If a 40 year old guy that was in good physical shape tells you that they are going to hit the next person they see because they are upset you might want to take that more serious. Both guys might pull it off but chances are the 40 year old might be able to cause some damage. Either way it is considered assault.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:09 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
What I find is that AntiFa is supposed to be against Fascism but they are themselves fascist.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:13 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Yeah I am, AntiFa has caused a lot of destruction and hatred. It's a matter of debating what is worse... bladder cancer or lung cancer... we are splitting hairs here.
Yeah what's worse, a group who has a history of killing thousands of black people and the other who killed millions over their religion versus several violent protests where no one was killed by that group. Yeah totally splitting hairs there, they are complete equals.

You honest to god equate all of that as the same? This is why many prominent Republicans denounced Trumps comments and he saw a slew of resignations. I cannot believe you just equated a couple of violent protests with the deaths of thousands over their skin color and millions over their religion. This is what sane people mean when they denounce them as not being equal!

Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM

Democrats created the KKK and now they are creating AntiFa... people know the KKK is cancer, yet Democrats are ignorig the giant tumor on their body called AntiFa. Watch AntiFa become worse as time goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies