Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 07:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

It started in full when the media falsely reported that Trump said he could shoot people in the street and not lose support. What he said was, "They are saying..............I could shoot people.............." .
However he said it and your right on that part as someone running for office it was STUPID, to say the man is running for President and he wants to joke about something like shooting someone.

THAT"S the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 07:58 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The anti-Trumpers can't stop posting Fake Crap, its like asking them to stop breathing...
This sums it up perfectly!

Old 08-31-2017, 08:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
If anyone doesn't think that enough is enough, then just post another rant thread or something.

There doesn't seem to be any outlet anymore for just reporting facts. Instead, whether it's the media or in forums like this or social media, opinion after opinion from people who will do absolutely nothing about anything yet just b*tch and moan.

It's pathetic the rhetoric that comes across Facebook feeds or Twitter or anything else. With so much going on in this world, amazing how the news is about picking apart a tweet or hanging on a word Trump says. I am not a Trump fan, not at all. I do not think he is doing a great job thus far. I realize it's everyone's right to have an opinion, and the whole freedom of speech things allows all of what we read and hear. But it's gone so far overboard that we're all drowning in he said/she said and love him/hate him crap that there's no reality in print or on the air anymore (yes I'm exaggerating, but hopefully you get the point).

Let Trump do his job as POTUS, and let the political chips fall where they may. Nothing I personally am going to do about his job, and other than my generic (not happy with him" statement), spending so much time hanging on every word and action of his and posting/speaking about it ad nauseam is useless. Trump will sink or swim with the decisions he makes, and that process will happen no matter what the media writes about or how much people just complain behind their keyboards.
I get the point -- you don't like it -- so turn it off.

As for letting the President do his job. He should turn off the media and do his job. What you don't know may not hurt you -- lol.

But if I choose to spend all day long watching the media bash or support the President - my choice. You do what works for you and I will do what works for me...and I will not tell anybody what they should do.

(I don't watch much of the media you refer to....but CNN does do coverage of disasters better than anybody so I'm back on there for now).

Old 08-31-2017, 08:07 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If you wish to ignore reality, you're welcome to do so. Just ignore all of the free press, and problem solved. Ignorance is bliss.
It's not free when all of them say the same thing (did you like it when everyone in your 'free' press lied to you about Iraq?).

Old 08-31-2017, 09:44 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
If anyone doesn't think that enough is enough, then just post another rant thread or something.

There doesn't seem to be any outlet anymore for just reporting facts. Instead, whether it's the media or in forums like this or social media, opinion after opinion from people who will do absolutely nothing about anything yet just b*tch and moan.

It's pathetic the rhetoric that comes across Facebook feeds or Twitter or anything else. With so much going on in this world, amazing how the news is about picking apart a tweet or hanging on a word Trump says. I am not a Trump fan, not at all. I do not think he is doing a great job thus far. I realize it's everyone's right to have an opinion, and the whole freedom of speech things allows all of what we read and hear. But it's gone so far overboard that we're all drowning in he said/she said and love him/hate him crap that there's no reality in print or on the air anymore (yes I'm exaggerating, but hopefully you get the point).

Let Trump do his job as POTUS, and let the political chips fall where they may. Nothing I personally am going to do about his job, and other than my generic (not happy with him" statement), spending so much time hanging on every word and action of his and posting/speaking about it ad nauseam is useless. Trump will sink or swim with the decisions he makes, and that process will happen no matter what the media writes about or how much people just complain behind their keyboards.
Great post. Deal
With it and vote for the one you like and don't whine if that one doesn't win.

We dealt with the one we didn't believe in and posted about that but not in the ridiculous way the left is doing now.

The left is so ridiculous now.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:56 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
I think the OP needs a break from political sites. As for just sitting back and being quiet and let trump do his business, Nope, Not Gonna happen there is too much at stake, it is called the Nation.
Clue, nothing people are saying is stopping trump from doing a darn thing, it is his own Republican Congress that is not pushing trumps agenda and for good reasons, they are not viable workable ideas. It is they that would pay with their own jobs if some of the nonsense trump pushes were actually to become law. This administration is going to haunt the GOP for many years to come, and I believe they know it at this point.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:

Let Trump do his job as POTUS, and let the political chips fall where they may.
Yep, I agree.

But it won't happen. An election is war between two opposing beliefs. In America it is tradition that once the election is over the losing party accepts the loss and re-evaluates and regroups for the next election. It is not happening this time. Because the losing side is not admitting loss and evaluating what went wrong so they can correct it, they are continuing with their losing tactics. It isn't helping them.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:49 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Great post. Deal
With it and vote for the one you like and don't whine if that one doesn't win.

We dealt with the one we didn't believe in and posted about that but not in the ridiculous way the left is doing now.

The left is so ridiculous now.
from the people who brought you 'birtherism" and "benghazi"....... The left is so ridiculous now.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:39 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
I get that it's our right to voice our opinion with freedom of speech. I also get the premise of civil war, something I am not saying is happening. But, the way America is right now, it certainly has the feeling of separation among the citizens. Should we all point fingers at Trump or Obama and say it was their fault that this country is divided? I don't think so.

Look in the mirror - that's where the fault lies, with each and every one of us from the media to people on the streets. Trump's success or failure will happen in office. Events like Charlottesville will happen because people make it happen, and then push accountability elsewhere by pointing fingers at the establishment. It's such a fault with human nature to do so, and "we the people" are doing a hell of a job dividing this country on our own, not "caused" by Trump or anyone else in government. We have a choice how to act, and right now I think it's sad how people are acting, with the media being the key ingredient in fueling the fire.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
Default The Media doesn't report news they give their own opinions

I am sick and tired of hearing that the President lacked empathy with the people of Texas, that Melania was wearing high heels and sunglasses. REALLY? There is no such thing as journalism anymore, the "reporters" being pumped out of colleges have been brainwashed by professors and don't have the intelligence to have their own opinion.

Or they only report half of the story, that suits their opinion and NEVER do any research to see if the story is accurate or true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies