Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:38 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Why does the gun industry play up the redneck angle so much? As a gun owner that carries most of the time, I love a good custom holster. However, I cringe at the NRA's portrayal of the typical gun owner. Not every gun owner is a chubby white person that looks like they buy their clothes at thrift stores and Wal Mart. Why do gun owners enjoy their own gun rights groups running with the stereotype that gun owners are a mix of the banjo playing kid from Deliverance and Larry the Cable Guy?
Because for the most part we don't really care how we are portrayed. At least, the gun owners that I know don't. The only time we really care is when some idiot uses a gun inappropriately and we are suddenly being portrayed as "just like him." Other than that, if people want to think that all gun owners are overweight, inbred hicks more power to them. You'd be amazed how many times I've had people talk about how "evil" or "stupid" gun owners are, either right in front of me or directly to me, and they never realised that I was carrying at the time. I just smile, nod, and go on my merry way. I learned a long time ago that when someone is convinced against their will, they aren't convinced. Far be it from me to shoot down their pipe dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 05:47 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,056 times
Lmao. How stupid. Definitely could be an Onion article.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:52 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Chick's can hide a pistol in more places than I can... here's the proof...

Unless you're eyes are fixated at my zipper... There's no telling I have a Glock 19 and full size 1911 on me.
Wow! Breath Taking!

Old 08-30-2017, 08:58 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL,
Yeah, like someone from Antifa is gonna beat me up.
Oh, I'm sooooooo scared.

Seriously, I'm wayyyyyyy more likely to be killed by some drunk redneck and his POS pickup truck,

I swear, you folks live in your own paranoid little world that has no relationship to reality whatsoever.

Ken
Liberals think personal safety is the responsibility of someone else. CWP holders have save countless lives and the next life they may save is you or someone you know.

Now its not every day Anitfa Thug assaults people but one cannot go thru life blindfolded.

Guns Save Lives - Citizens With Concealed Carry Permits ... - YouTube

▶ 11:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQAWmAISxGg
  1. Similar

Jun 29, 2015 - Uploaded by GunsSaveLives
http://tinyurl.com/legallyconcealed Become an informed armed citizen and protect yourself, your family, and all ...

Pharmacist with Concealed Carry Saves Innocent Lives ... - YouTube

▶ 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vL_6ag8rs
Jun 17, 2016 - Uploaded by Blue Lives Matter
Pharmacist with Concealed Carry Saves Innocent Lives from Gunman ... saving his business, innocent ...

Old 08-30-2017, 09:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Liberals think personal safety is the responsibility of someone else. CWP holders have save countless lives and the next life they may save is you or someone you know.

Now its not every day Anitfa Thug assaults people but one cannot go thru life blindfolded.

Guns Save Lives - Citizens With Concealed Carry Permits ... - YouTube

▶ 11:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQAWmAISxGg
  1. Similar

Jun 29, 2015 - Uploaded by GunsSaveLives
http://tinyurl.com/legallyconcealed Become an informed armed citizen and protect yourself, your family, and all ...

Pharmacist with Concealed Carry Saves Innocent Lives ... - YouTube

▶ 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-vL_6ag8rs
Jun 17, 2016 - Uploaded by Blue Lives Matter
Pharmacist with Concealed Carry Saves Innocent Lives from Gunman ... saving his business, innocent ...
I'm STILL wayyyyyyy more likely to be killed by some drunk redneck and his POS pickup truck - and in fact SO are YOU.

Ken

Old 08-31-2017, 10:57 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A young mother got the gun of her dreams for Christmas here a few years ago. And got a brand new gun holster purse to carry it in that was supposedly much safer for carry than a regular purse.

Two days after Christmas, her toddler got her pistol out of that safe purse and shot her through the head with it at a WalMart, where she and a young relative were returning some presents. She died instantly, suddenly ending her blossoming career as a nuclear physicst.

So much for all that high-fash design. Several of those holsters looked to be far more deadly for the wearer than anyone else.
More children die from pool drownings so spare me the appeal to emotion.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:22 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Only reason I'm no fan of purses is simple...

1. Gives a criminal something to grab onto and snatch from you.
2. Kids being kids rifling through stuff.
3. Leaving it behind in a shopping cart. I've seen that happen with normal purses.

Keep it on your body. Reduce your risk. Purses are the absolute worst idea ever. You keep one in your waist band elsewhere... There's no telling it's on you or leaves it out of your reach or potentially stolen... or to be put down and forgotten about even for just a brief moment.
And you missed my other post about the lady in the Walmart. It is absolutely imperative that you keep your purse on your person which is why if I carry this way it is only in a crossbody style with it next to me at all times. Don't get me started on dudes who leave their handgun in a public restroom. Of course it is always best on your person in an inside waistband but some feminine clothing does not allow for this. I won't carry in a booby holster for more reasons than one. My pistols are too big.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:08 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
I'm not anti-gun, but that was appalling, and I can't unsee it, either.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:05 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
It's nice to see the NRA embrace real people and sized models in their fashion show instead of standard runway models.
They are way ahead of the Hollywood types. I was watching Access Holywood or one of those shows bragging on plus size models "saying it was about time", when it reality it is their industry that perpetuated the 00 size Ideal in the first place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies