Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 05:36 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

What's the difference between Antifa/BLM and KKK/Neo Nazi groups thread, take #9 on this section of the forum.

Anyhoo, I can think of one huge difference.

You see, the Klan would rather eliminate by any means necessary people like me who don't share that Caucasian skin tone, if y'all catch my drift. Don't believe their "we're just white nationalists interested in promoting our rights and disavow past violence" malarkey. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Antifa, on the other hand, doesn't bear me any ill will based on skin tone.

Any other questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 05:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The Ku Klux Klan attacked people who were enemies of the Democrat Party with the indifference (and sometimes the aid) of the police. Now Antifa and Black Lives Matter are doing the same thing in Berkeley and other places.
straight up lie. and you know it moose. shame on you. KKK lynched hundreds of people drove them out of their homes, locked them in jail (ie kkk cops). etc

your comparison suggests you might be a member of the Klan? are you? why else would you defend them like this? are you a racist OP? is that it?

i ask because you clearly already knew the KKK murdered thousands but still went ahead with this thread.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:41 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Telling the truth is just that. Guess you didn't see GONE WITH THE WIND. The men in this movie didn't burn any crosses. They just protected someone. That is what the KKK did at that time. I don't know what the KKK has done since but you need to realize how the organization started. You can lie about it all you want to but that is why it was formed. It was very much needed at that time where white people were sometimes in the minority.

I am not enabling anybody but I am not spinning things to match Uncle Tom's Cabin either. You know, the fiction book. My mother read it and probably believed what was in it too. I don't believe it. Fiction is not fact.
Wait...you're using a movie as the underpinnings for an argument about how the KKK started?
Well that explains a lot.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:12 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
So they're like a gang, roaming around beating random people?
That's exactly what they are like.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:13 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What's the difference between Antifa/BLM and KKK/Neo Nazi groups thread, take #9 on this section of the forum.

Anyhoo, I can think of one huge difference.

You see, the Klan would rather eliminate by any means necessary people like me who don't share that Caucasian skin tone, if y'all catch my drift. Don't believe their "we're just white nationalists interested in promoting our rights and disavow past violence" malarkey. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Antifa, on the other hand, doesn't bear me any ill will based on skin tone.

Any other questions?
How many non white people have you seen them attack?

Old 08-28-2017, 06:22 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
How many non white people have you seen them attack?
So, are we pretending that the Klan and Nazis don't harm non-whites - a laughably stupid claim, or are we pretending that since the Nazi murderer in Charlottesville killed a white woman, that makes them a non-violent or non-racist group? It's hard to keep track of all the right-wing lies being spun to protect the right-wing bigots.

Now, to the topic at hand: violent thugs on BOTH sides should not be tolerated. Look, I hate Trump and I have no love for the people who support him since, since, quite frankly, many of them are terrible people condemned by their own words and actions. A quick spin around this forum will prove that. But disliking Trump or his supporters does NOT give anyone the right to attack them.

The difference is that the right-wing bigots are far more powerful and numerous in this nation. They are the ones - not "the left" - with a president in power who supports their views. They are the ones who benefit from having 1 in 3 Americans blindly supporting that president and his actions thanks to fact-free partisan ignorance. They are the ones trying to shove their warped "religious" views into law, along with their racism and general bigotry. And they are the ones with far more support from "normal" Americans. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone seriously supporting Antifa, but we have lines around here to defend Klansman in Charlottesville and everywhere else. The Antifa thugs, meanwhile, are barely able to get a riot together.

Yes, if you're staring down a mob of Klansman, Nazis, or Antifa thugs, the differences in their exact viewpoints are irrelevant - they are all dangerous thugs and should be dealt with accordingly. But let us stop pretending that both groups have the same level of influence in this nation. The far-right is more dangerous because of their greater numbers - both in "out" members and "closet" members - and because of their support from Trump and his worthless group of cronies.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:50 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
How about comparing the 21st century to the 21st century and not the early 20th century to the 21st century for starters.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:00 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
How about comparing the 21st century to the 21st century and not the early 20th century to the 21st century for starters.
You know, that's all great, fine, and dandy, except the right is not allowed to go back....yet the left can go back as far as they want to show how bad the right is....why is that?

Take for instance, the left went back 40+ years to find a picture of romney carrying a dog on top of his car, going back that far is acceptable to the left...

The right goes back 20ish years, uses obamas own words.....and gets blasted because the right went back 20 ish years....

Cannot have it both ways lefties.....

And BTW....it was the LEFT (DEMS) who stared the KKK...but obviously you don't care about that....

Old 08-28-2017, 07:13 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
White supremacists believe that whites are superior and should dominate society. The Antifa and BLM oppose class ideology based on race.

White supremacists want to separate from non-white culture with an unknown impact on the US as a political entity. The Antifa as anarchists theoretically oppose the entire concept of State. BLM is state-neutral as far as I'm aware and supports the current political structure.

Both white supremacists and Antifa, in theory, practice only defensive violence. BLM was founded in protest of police violence against Blacks. All three groups are, however, loosely organized with the result that are outbreaks of sporadic violence.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-28-2017 at 07:25 PM..

Old 08-28-2017, 07:13 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Antifa has nothing to do with over-throwing the government. They are an anti-hate group, opposing white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups, thus Anti-Facist.
No they aren't. They're a violent political group that's trying to silence people they don't agree with or people that don't agree 100 pct with the Democrats.

They just attacked people in the incident yesterday. There wasn't even any white supremacists or Nazi's there...explain that one?

Trying to silence different opinions and control the media is exactly what Hitler did

How the hell can they can be antifa...if they're doing exactly what fascists do???

The mind screw going on right there is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies