Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 10:39 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

They could get more hits by allowing clips of certain musical artists that aren't on YT. YT always pulls Beatles songs and Prince songs very fast, for example. By allowing them they could get more hits on those sites.
Although they'll eventually get attention from lawyers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 11:01 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,378,687 times
Bitchtube??**** they've got to come up with a different name

Old 08-31-2017, 01:47 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
I provide a detailed and accurate title and description to each of my videos, and associate tags (keywords) that are directly relevant.

I use youtube to promote my blog which is linked to my online business.

You have to do a lot of social media promotion in order to be popular.

All these said, grass is not greener on the other side. Yourtube is still the best if you want to get more exposure.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:37 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
I just went onto one of them, and could not click out quickly enough. Right on the front page were exclusively things like "21 hilarious rape jokes" and goat-sacrifice devil stuff, all housed in a site that by design looks sketch as hell. I'm fine with the site exercising free speech, but I felt like I needed to take a shower in bleach after seeing that mess. lol

Old 08-31-2017, 02:54 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
Another thing I'm surprised about if Google so worried about trying to be control freaks I'm a little surprised they have zero comments moderation on their videos. If you read the average youtube video comments on any video that's related to social issues, politics, etc. The comments section is full of vile racist, violent, misogynistic, and harassing comments.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:00 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I was just reading about youtube going after joy villa.

Joy Villa supports military and military families and is pro-America, pro-military, pro-police officer and pro-Trump, no wonder the filth in silicon valley hates her. Half of them are foreigners with no ties to America
What you and your ilk don't understand is that your opinions and views aren't profitable, they are the opposite.

It will be interesting to see if your ilk can come up with a business model or will just have to reply on donations.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
What you and your ilk don't understand is that your opinions and views aren't profitable, they are the opposite.

It will be interesting to see if your ilk can come up with a business model or will just have to reply on donations.
The problem is how the super rich and large companies already buy politicians. If they can control information, and buy politicians both...then there's going to be huge problems.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:17 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm currently moving all of my stuff over to BitChute. It seems others are, as well. I hope to see YouTube go down.
Dream on...but it's always good to want things, I suppose.

Nothing wrong with some competition, though.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Dream on...but it's always good to want things, I suppose.

Nothing wrong with some competition, though.
The most popular version of any product or anything that is produced, is quite often not the "best".

Old 08-31-2017, 05:26 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yes. This is one of their stated goals. Advance to 1:44:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrKs_vduiKU

-------------------------------------------------------------

Great thread. There must be a shakeup. Things have got to change. I'm anxious to see (and influence) what emerges.
The irony of trying to expose Google using their platform and technology is a bit much...

It is not their "stated goals". I see nothing wrong with filtering out crap sites, though, and applying some QC. Fake news is a legitimate problem.

By the way - there are (and have been for a very long time) alternatives to Google. Try them out. I don't use Google as my primary search site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies