Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 02:57 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Let's throw a few flags on this one:

- Violence from "the left" - note that these clowns are really just "anti-Trump" or "anti-Klan" which is NOT the same thing as "the left" or "all progressives" - does not justify right-wing violence.

- Nobody on "the left" is praising Antifa. They are just another violent group of idiots who have clearly learned from successful right-wing tactics regarding how to create violence, riots, etc.

- At the same time, far too many people on the right are desperate to defend Nazis, Klansman, and other bigots. Funny how that works. Everyone from the Coward in Chief to people all over these forums are happily making insane statements like claiming the Klan isn't violent or some other idiocy. You don't see any of that from the left. I wonder why?
I presume you're just trolling but....

- There is an 'alt-left' and Antifa members & supporters are members of it. Exactly the same as the right, the vast majority do not support the 'alt-ers'.

- Many people on the left have been praising Antifa. They were being held up as noble warriors, fighting injustice. Just last week they were being compared to the soldiers who fought the Nazis at Normandy. Thanks to social media, the truth about Antifa has gotten out quickly & reasonable Democrats, ones who aren't in favor of violence against their neighbors, are starting to reject Antifa.

- Find me one single post on C-D where anyone defended Nazis, Klansmen or Bigots. Supporting their right to free speech does not count. Pointing out that Antifa was equally guilty for the violence at Charlottesville does not count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 03:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Well that might be because the other side consists of oppressed minorities..BLM, La Raza, Black Panthers, etc. They are militant far leftists. They are against capitalism, oppression of minorities, government rule, etc.
Basically yes but this leads me to what is a bigger point I was getting to earlier.

https://nycantifa.wordpress.com/tag/occupy-wall-street/

Antifa supported Occupy Wall Street which was indeed a protest against the establishment Wall Street portion of the DNC also.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:35 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Well that might be because the other side consists of oppressed minorities..BLM, La Raza, Black Panthers, etc. They are militant far leftists. They are against capitalism, oppression of minorities, government rule, etc.
Nothing would oppress minorities more than getting rid of capitalism. That's why I think they are nothing more than brainwashed useful idiots.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:47 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't support the violence, but people who go to Berkeley to hold pro-Trump rallies are looking for a fight. There's no other reason to hold such an event there.
It's their legal right to do so, but I agree with you. They're agitating. I also feel the same about Antifa going to Charlottesville & most of their appearances at Trump rallies, they went there clearly looking for a fight. As the saying goes, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.".

Old 08-29-2017, 03:54 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
it is a lie to suggest ANTIF is against government rule.

They are leftist. They are Statists. They are Progressives.
They are the military arm of the Progressive Left and they intend physical destruction to anyone who stands up to the left.

Period.

THERE IS NO DEBATE HERE.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:11 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Nothing would oppress minorities more than getting rid of capitalism. That's why I think they are nothing more than brainwashed useful idiots.
Actually the majority of them are idealistic millenials (18-30) recruited from college campuses and via social media.

Remember ..."If you want to change society you start with the youth".

Old 08-29-2017, 06:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
The rally was there's, and the Antifa were the counter-protesters/brownshirts. The people on the right had the permit. They have a right to wear what they want without being molested. That attitude is exactly what is wrong with this country right now.
I believe they were told not to cover their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Fact: You have no idea who those people are.

Fact: I have a long sheet, (as do many others), of every single antifa person's name. There's doxxing going on as we speak because the list is very, very long.

You have no idea if they show up to any DNC activity or forum or if they support any Dem candidate because you don't know what they look like without their black attire and masks, except for a very select few.

Their identities are being revealed, slowly, one by one. It's about the only time I've ever fully supported hacking a site.

Here's another fact: antifa losers are not as smart as they think they are. Most of those morons don't even know why they are doing what they are doing except to get paid.

Funny that they created a site called: It's Going Down.

Yep, for them it is.

Not once have I ever seen you condemn them. You always make excuses for them. Is your name on that list?
Do you? An anarchist group by its very definition is kind of nebulous. There may be a lot more people in the antifa than on your list!

Then you won't mind when someone goes after you and doxxes you? See how that works?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,472 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right. Look at where blacks are doing especially well(with COL adjustments) Georgia, Texas, Arizona, Florida. All right of center states. It's places like CT, NJ, Maryland, Illinois that have blacks relegated to second class citizenry living their entire lives off of social services.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It's their legal right to do so, but I agree with you. They're agitating. I also feel the same about Antifa going to Charlottesville & most of their appearances at Trump rallies, they went there clearly looking for a fight. As the saying goes, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.".
Both sides are advertising. They go for the attention.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
You're absolutely right. Look at where blacks are doing especially well(with COL adjustments) Georgia, Texas, Arizona, Florida. All right of center states. It's places like CT, NJ, Maryland, Illinois that have blacks relegated to second class citizenry living their entire lives off of social services.
We'd all be oppressed without capitalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies