Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Well, that's just it - not everyone lives on the web. Apparently this guy is some sort of Youtube star or something... I only go to Youtube a couple of times a month to listen to obscure music or watch a cat video or two. To me, that's all Youtube is good for. I just don't have much interest in most of the crap on the internet.
Yah I guess.

I feel exactly the same about television except it's even less useful to me than you find the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 08:55 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yah I guess.

I feel exactly the same about television except it's even less useful to me than you find the internet.
Hah! I'm side by side with you on teevee, believe me! Only broadcast TV we watch is news, Meet The Press, history shows or PBS science shows, and an occasional football or hockey game. Average of maybe 30 minutes a day. Other than that, the TVs are just used to watch movies. I hate living in front of a screen of any kind; my work requires me to use a computer many hours a day, but I hate the damned thing.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:26 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
The far-right cannot understand nuanced views. They cannot understand a progressive who says, "That guy is right about some things, but wrong about a lot of things." For the far-right, everything must be an extreme, and they honestly think that "liberals" - progressives - mirror their own hatred and ignorance.

Right-wingers hate gays, so "obviously" progressives must "love gays and consider them better than straight people."

Right-wingers hate non-whites, so "obviously" progressives must "want to get rid of white people."

Right-wingers hate Muslims, so "obviously" progressives must "think Islam is the bestest religion ever."

Right-wingers deny science and climate change, so "obviously" progressives must "want to kill humanity to save a tree" or some crap.

Those on the far-right are unable to see outside of their own narrow, spiteful window on life, and they really do think that "the enemy" - progressives - are just comical, mirror-universe caricatures of themselves. They probably also think we all have goatees, too.

They don't get it. Progressives don't think gays, Muslims, or blacks are "better" - we just don't give a damn about a person's religion, skin color, or sexuality provided they aren't using it as a weapon to abuse others. And, since right-wingers do that crap all the time, that is why we oppose them.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:30 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Cenk is someone I am able to stand, and while he was always a bit hit and miss, I respected him and agreed with his stance at least at one time or another.

But more recently he has succumbed to the dark side and allowed himself to be pulled way too far to the left by all the social justice sycophants he surrounds himself with.

He's all right.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:31 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
who?

Old 08-29-2017, 10:34 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
The corporate media doesn't like him, the establishment doesn't like him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyc8LGOmwWs

Old 08-29-2017, 11:40 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
TYT comes up rather often on YouTube searches for all these posters to be saying they never heard of them.

Hmmm...
Why would anyone who doesn't watch TYT know to search for whatever his name "Cenk Uygur" on YouTube before coming across this thread? Duh! What a stupid reply.

The entire country doesn't watch every last show on cable, nor does the entire country use Twitter nor does the entire country spend their lives glued to FB. The entire country doesn't watch YouTube either. Get over it already.

If this guy Uygur is such a liberal icon, I would have heard of him by now, believe me.

Yet another incredibly stupid thread.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
He's an awful popular Lefty. Hero shmeero. Somebody likes him, and it ain't people on the Right.
So since David Duke supporters are conservatives, does that make him a hero to the right ???? Because that is what your argument dictates.

Quote:
Uh, I said his first choice was Loony Sanders and that after that he supported Hillary. Yes, when there were only two viable candidates, supporting one over the other is... support.
i would hope you are smart enough to know the difference between voting for and supporting.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:36 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So since David Duke supporters are conservatives, does that make him a hero to the right ???? Because that is what your argument dictates.
You need to follow the thread more closely. You have my argument backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
i would hope you are smart enough to know the difference between voting for and supporting.
I would hope that you understand that where there are only two viable candidates, a person votes for the candidate that he/she supports over the other candidate.

Support does not necessarily equate to preferred or first preference.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:39 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That ruling was just fine when Obama wanted to raise a billion dollars for his campaign. It was also ok when Hillary wanted that much. Now that she lost, it's bad again.
Stop with this bull****. If you asked around and actually talked to Democrats (we know you don't; you don't respect people who aren't you) you'd know that they all think Citizens United should be reversed, and they've thought that for a while. Most Democrats I know oppose it. It doesn't matter if Democrats have benefited from it. Of course they have. Essentially anyone running for office has benefited from it. This doesn't make it ok. I know this won't do anything; you'll continue to behave as you do. But at least I'm trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies