Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 03:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In a truly free country this Liberal believes the citizens should be better armed than the police. I want to see all of these personal weapons (rifles, pistols, knives, body armor) to be sold to the public at an internet Yard Sale. I would really like to buy a 1911 Colt and a 9mm Beretta for a few bucks each.
Hear, hear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Fascinating, thanks.

Of course I've read articles about the disturbing trend of militarizing local police - but, wow.

It's particularly interesting considering that Trump is such a chicken hawk - despite all his military deferments, he so loves to strut around aggressively and talk threateningly.

Militia crazies were always worried about Democrats like Obama - it would be interesting if it's Trump that attacks Americans.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:44 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In a truly free country this Liberal believes the citizens should be better armed than the police. I want to see all of these personal weapons (rifles, pistols, knives, body armor) to be sold to the public at an internet Yard Sale. I would really like to buy a 1911 Colt and a 9mm Beretta for a few bucks each.

To answer the OP. To launch grenades obviously. The important thing is who are they shooting at.
I love the 1911. Now if only the Fed would drop the ban on importing M1's. I would love to add one to my collection.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:49 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
THey are collecting battlefield-grade arsenals – amphibious tanks, night-vision goggles, and even barber chairs – at virtually no cost, except for shipment and maintenance.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:53 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Just curious but why do cops need tanks, grenade launchers, and bayonets??? Exactly who do they plan on using them on?

https://woay.tv/trump-orders-militar...ets-and-tanks/
Minorities with broken taillights.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:56 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
THey are collecting battlefield-grade arsenals – amphibious tanks, night-vision goggles, and even barber chairs – at virtually no cost, except for shipment and maintenance.
Some of that stuff is available to John Q public if he has the money...I know where there are 2 Ferret armored cars a scorpion CRV and Saber CRV for sale in the States right now...

Old 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
They don't. It's part of the fascist trump regime's plan to place cities under martial law and federal control.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:02 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Just curious but why do cops need tanks, grenade launchers, and bayonets??? Exactly who do they plan on using them on?

https://woay.tv/trump-orders-militar...ets-and-tanks/
Well, if, in fact, they are getting this type of weaponry, the only reason for it is so they can be fully prepared in the event of a large scale difficulty where the same type of weaponry is being used against them.

Example: The infamous L.A. bank robbery in 96'. The policy didn't have equal firepower readily available to deal with the two individuals who were conducting the take-over robberies. Those two jokers had some serious firepower!

Old 08-29-2017, 04:05 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
They don't. It's part of the fascist trump regime's plan to place cities under martial law and federal control.
Evidence? A lot of the equipment have been used by police since the inception of said equipment. For exams armored cars. SWAT has been using them since SWAT came into being. Armored vehicles are functionally no different than Loomis trucks and I don't see anyone complaining about them. As for grenade launchers, as said before, they're used in riots for tear gas.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:06 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
with the drug cartels, violent gangs equipped with military weapons and militias that are better equipped than the police I say its a good idea to give the edge back to the police.....last thing we need is to call our military to do the job of the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies