Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2017, 09:17 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times

Advertisements

Murder Rate for Hispanics Is Twice the Murder Rate for Whites | HuffPost

So this thread is actually more focused on the murder rate of White Americans which is roughly 2.1 (84% of white victims are murdered by other whites). The reason why I didn't put it in the title is because I don't want this thread to race bait and "White America's Culture of Violence" sounds like classic race-baiting. Now 2.1 might look like a low rate but take in mind their are very few developed white countries with a similar rate among white people. In fact in some cases this is more than triple the rate of white homicides in western countries and double of even Eastern European countries. Seeing as in France, U.K, Canada, Italy, New Zealand, Australia and Germany all record below or around 1.0 white murder rate,and this pattern is repeated throughout the rest of Europe even poor countries (not including Russia and a few Eastern European countries) generally follow this rule. As well as other developed nations like Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan.

I bring this up because of several things, first this rate was astronomically higher in the nineties and eighties although you could see this trend in many European countries. Second, a few months ago, I was arguing the point to a poster that America overall race being ignored encourages violence more than other similar developed nations. The poster argued that the white homicide rate was the same as in Europe and I argued against it but I didn't have any stats to back my point at the time, although I new from analyzing FBI data and anecdotal evidence it was true.

First, I of course notice a few arguments against my point. Pakistanis and other Muslim groups in general do better in America than in Europe, but that can be explained by the fact of how these groups came to each country, and I don't know if their is an ethnic/location difference in the Pakistani populations. Another thing is Indians in Canada commit more murders (per capita) know if their is an ethnic/location difference in who migrates.
One last point: Why is ethnicity/location important in these cases, for example if 1,000 Sicilians immigrate and 1,000 people from Lombardy immigrate although it is the same country one group of people significantly highers the chance that Mafia connections might spring up in the area that they immigrate too, so even judging anyone by their countrymen won't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 09:49 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
I think it is a waste of time trying to compare races or ethnicities. We all know that the real reasons for most crime:

-poverty
-lack of education
-lack of employment
-dysfunctional families
-alcohol
-drugs
-hanging out with trouble-makers
-greed, materialism
-etc.

All the reasons cross all race, ethnic, religion, sex, gender, etc. boundaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies