Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:04 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Their numbers are smaller than ever. They are just a small group of crazies who have their meetings and nobody has them any attention.

But according to the left, it seems we are living in the 1950s, where white supremacist and Nazi groups are rampamt in the US and are attempting to take over

Why who does this hysteria benefit?
LOL.
This is a very easy question to answer. Democrats lost the last election in some measure because their voters didn't feel energized to go to the polls.

Now the party of the left is trying to retake the House and Senate.... but the approval numbers of these bodies are lower than that for the President.

They cannot rely on their voters being more energized than the Republican voters. So, they scare them. "if you don't vote democrat, the dirty nasty republican Nazis are going to come to your house an kill you"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 04:22 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Pure hyperbolic BS!!! You think that just like you used to think (or maybe still do) that black people are led by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Why did you think that......because they were in the media. Why do you think liberals think hate groups are a big problem.....because they are in the media. Just because something is in the media does not mean liberals think its a huge problem.

Do you all just make this slit up as you go?
Do you think people have forgotten all the racial garbage Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan spouted years ago? I doubt anyone will ever forget Tawana Brawley and what she put a city through and all the lives she affected by the BS she created.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:32 PM

404 posts, read 193,299 times
Quote:
Their numbers are smaller than ever. They are just a small group of crazies who have their meetings and nobody has them any attention.

But according to the left, it seems we are living in the 1950s, where white supremacist and Nazi groups are rampamt in the US and are attempting to take over

Just pure scaremongering to capitalize on public fears regarding an outsider who won the WH.

A little trick to play with Blacks and minorities : you might not see the crosses or white sheets but it's all to dupe you into thinking they are not there, when in fact they are. The minority groups including Blacks need to get a class action lawsuit going and sue for psychological abuse through misinformation by certain politicians and the MSM.

Well, those handful of KKK or Neo-Nazis must be feeling like real celebs the amount of coverage they are getting at present. All thanks to our wonderful MSM. They would remain a group of backward rednecks, unknown to the world if the MSM have not gotten involved in the first instance.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:39 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Good question. It is not only foolish but wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I've lived in multiple rural homes in the triangle which includes Fredericksburg, Charlottesville and Richmond (VA) for around 30 years. Two weeks ago was the first time I'd seen white supremacist/nazi's in all these years in this area. AntiFa was also a new experience, but BLM wasn't.
I've lived in the latter two and I have definitely seen white supremacists in the past. So the Charlottesville incident wasn't new to me. They have attacked in Charlottesville before.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:41 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
It is fabricated to try and help the Democrats win future elections so it's partially tied in with the butthurt from Hillary losing the election.

Remember before Trump even won they were trying to make excuses and say white people had it out for Hillary, as if that makes any freakin' sense at all.

Bill Burr went on Conan and made jokes about it the audience was dying with laughter.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:56 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Maybe OP is pretending but the rest of us are not. These idiots claim they elected Trump and he sees nothing wrong with them. There's not huge numbers of them but they are fully willing and able to do horrendous damage, incite violence, and murder opponents.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:59 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Good question. It is not only foolish but wrong.
I've lived in the latter two and I have definitely seen white supremacists in the past. So the Charlottesville incident wasn't new to me. They have attacked in Charlottesville before.
The closest I've seen is the white trash rednecks with the beat up pickups with monster wheels on them flying rebel flags and once in awhile I'll see signs for Sons of Confederacy. Have only lived in areas zoned as "A". so if it's happening in small "R" subdivisions, I'm not seeing them.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:06 PM

30,356 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:

The Left/Dems are using this weakling fringe as a boogeyman to get money from Hollywood and other wealthy Leftists. It also, it is hoped by the Left/Media (same thing), will motive voters to fight this boogyman. Lastly and most importantly, it is used as a tool by all Leftists to club anyone on the right and try to associate them with these misguided 'right wing' losers.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:09 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
They were irrelevant until the Donald gave them support and encouragement to practice their form of racism (in exchange for votes, of course).
More liberal BS. You know if you repeat a lie over and over it doesn't become truth. They were irrelevant until your liberal media gave them a national platform.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:11 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:

Who benefits from the idea that terms like "left" and "right" refer to concrete groups?

Frankly, I think the answer is the same.

See, stupid people (and yes, people who talk about leftists are typically kind of stupid... I'm gonna 90% of discourse on "leftism" is almost completely worthless; same with generalizing to 'right wing') don't actually care about public policy or anything with depth and thought. It's why Transformers and Taylor Swift are popular; it asks nothing of you and says very little.

Well, juicy stories sell well, and we've found that the juiciest stories often ask the least of people. Something that sounds scandalous sells well because it feels more like a tv show. So people tune in. Making it seems like there's a fight between the left and the right is useful for selling stories because it's almost comically simple. It's like good vs evil; any idiot can follow it, though no one seems to fully grasp the specifics. A potential KKK uprising? Well, that sounds exciting and it sells well.

There's your answer. This is done to appeal to a mass audience. Dumb ****s don't like debates on policy. They like action. That's why so little attention is paid to real policy issues and is instead directed to appearances and semantics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies