Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:11 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times

Advertisements

Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution renounces war as a solution to foreign policy disputes. Revision of this article is now being discussed by an increasingly concerned Japanese public to handle the Korean problem.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.WaXyRWeqbGh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 05:14 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
I spent the better part of a year in Seoul so I got a taste of korean sentiment and I'm guessing in regards to long standing resentment towards Japan, both South and North Korea still remember history and have a substantial animus towards Japan. With that in mind, it's prudent for Japan to take defensive measures with a powerfully armed N. Korea.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:17 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Bloatedboy is really pushing it, I have no idea if he really wants war or maybe another payoff?

Old 08-29-2017, 05:17 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Long overdue.

They've been discussing this for a while but no one's going to help Japan but Japan.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I spent the better part of a year in Seoul so I got a taste of korean sentiment and I'm guessing in regards to long standing resentment towards Japan, both South and North Korea still remember history and have a substantial animus towards Japan. With that in mind, it's prudent for Japan to take defensive measures with a powerfully armed N. Korea.
The article touches on China as a growing threat to Japan.
The Russians may feel vulnerable near Vladivostok. They where showing signs of muscle flexing near the North Korean border.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:54 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Interesting situation for the Trump admin. Obama era policy clearly didn't work. Trump campaigned on a very non interventionalist policy but what the f*ck is he supposed to do when a rouge nation has nuclear weapons and is firing missiles at our closest ally in east? Obama set him up for failure in this sense. One can't help but think, maybe Obama had back channel conservations with the Norks, allowing them to get to this place. I highly doubt a Clinton administration would have been less hostile towards the Norks.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:20 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Interesting situation for the Trump admin. Obama era policy clearly didn't work. Trump campaigned on a very non interventionalist policy but what the f*ck is he supposed to do when a rouge nation has nuclear weapons and is firing missiles at our closest ally in east? Obama set him up for failure in this sense. One can't help but think, maybe Obama had back channel conservations with the Norks, allowing them to get to this place. I highly doubt a Clinton administration would have been less hostile towards the Norks.
Give it a rest, what's next Obama assassinated JFK?.... Trump is POTUS now, he needs to act like one and solve this problem just like Obama handled the Great Recession.

If anyone's at fault here, it's Trump who goaded the Fat Boy into more missile testing...:

"Back in January, Donald Trump responded to Kim Jong Un’s claim that he was close to testing an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM)... “North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S.,” the American president-elect tweeted. “It won’t happen!

Old 08-29-2017, 09:26 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Give it a rest, what's next Obama assassinated JFK?.... Trump is POTUS now, he needs to act like one and solve this problem just like Obama handled the Great Recession.

If anyone's at fault here, it's Trump who goaded the Fat Boy into more missile testing...:

"Back in January, Donald Trump responded to Kim Jong Un’s claim that he was close to testing an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM)... “North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S.,” the American president-elect tweeted. “It won’t happen!
You're post was no better than the one you responded to.

NK has been on this trajectory regardless of whom the US president was. If you disagree please say so.

Japans leadership, IMO....needs to arm themselves with nukes, point them at NK and say the next missile launch their direction starts a war.

I wish I didn't have to state that but it's what things have come to at this point.

I think Japan also should include China in that declaration just so nobody is confused about a puppet strike being OK. (Just like if Cuba had launched nukes at the US or if Turkey had done it to the USSR)

Old 08-29-2017, 09:30 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Agree about Japan nuking up.

NK isn't going to do anything. We're so stupid we fall for their tricks every time. They throw tantrums when we have training with SK and Japan. They throw tantrums when they want foreign aid. Usually we end up giving it to them.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
This north Korea BS is still going on?

Powerful military!? LOL

*sighs*

Folks. 10 minutes, take 10 minutes and research the Norks military...
You're going to feel like fools for believing they are remotely close to being a threat.
At least then you'll find comfort how many years behind they are, how outdated and dilapidated their crap is.
Compare it to our equipment which is constantly being updated... their chicom and Soviet era junk would be obliterated in minutes. Their old school radar couldn't detect one of our current fighters by the time the fighters were within striking distance.
Their missiles. Bwahahaha elevation and windage, more like a bottle rocket. They're junk. They don't have a sophisticated GPS guidance system nor a space satellite. Just what exactly are the norks going to do? Nothing. They will do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies