Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 11:42 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,190,478 times

Advertisements

I don't think even Trump supporters would use the word humility in the same paragraph as Trump. If any supporter can give me just one single example of Trump being humble I would be surprised. Please read the definition of humility.

hu·mil·i·ty
(h)yo͞oˈmilədē/Submit
noun
a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.
synonyms: modesty, humbleness, meekness, diffidence, unassertiveness; lack of pride, lack of vanity; servility, submissiveness
"he accepted the award with sincere humility"

I don't have FB, maybe someone here can send this definition to Kellyanne Conway. But then she is a total nut job. She will probably blame it on Obama or Hillary somehow. What she will blame them for I don't know but probably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 11:48 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Man are Leftists just pure haters.
Quote:
What a blind partisan post. Yeah, he was only pictured on a magazine cover with a halo around his head. Yes, the press in all it's forms were his minions.
Quote:
Yeah like the Democrats ever inspire a broad range of people. The only people they inspire are bigots, racists, the perpetually aggrieved, haters, mentally ill and lazy leeches.
You are boringly repetitive.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:33 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
oil and water

Old 08-30-2017, 12:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
President is gracious to all around him. Trump has been a business man for decades.. Trump talks about crowds because that was part of his business persona.. he would like to talk directly to the people on a personal level not lofty as most presidents do with shallow words on a general broad topic.

I get that Trump has not been a politician. I was tired of the practiced sentences that were just political jargon. Nice to hear a man actually make contact with people on a REAL LEVEL. REFRESHING.

Trump has also proudly stated "I don't stand by anything"

IOW, his word is meaningless and a man is only as good as his word.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:43 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He's a sociopath. Yesterday in TX, he never mentioned the dead, not even the death of a police officer. All he did was wear that stupid USA hat that he is SELLING for PROFIT. It was an infomercial to boost sales. The guy's a narcissistic lunatic.

Very good businessman President Trump uses Texas tragedy to show off his crappy merch
What do you want to bet the hat was made in China?

Old 08-30-2017, 12:55 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Does anyone actually believe that people in public life do not have some measure of narcissistic tendencies? Seriously? Some have more than others but come on. Please.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:27 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,190,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Does anyone actually believe that people in public life do not have some measure of narcissistic tendencies? Seriously? Some have more than others but come on. Please.
Of course most politicians are narcissistic, not saying otherwise. If just totally floored me that Conway would use humility as a description for Trump. I just can't understand why she is using this word, surely there are better words, biglier words. (meant as snark) Or, maybe this was a Pat Robertson sermon subject of the day so Kellyanne had to tie into that subject and of course the first person she thought of when talking about humility was Trump, who else could she possibly think of.

So, Trump supporters where are your examples of Humility and Trump.

Haven't heard any yet, just "right wing" jabs from his supporters.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I was switching channels and paused for a moment on Kellyanne Conway and heard the words Trump and humility. Said Trump exemplifies humility. I listened for a few moments, really couldn't believe my ears. Do people really believe this. She was being interviewed by Pat Robinson, I think that's his name, on the 700 club. Are these people nuts? Trump is the opposite of a person with humility.
I don't know if the interview can be found but I found this:

Kellyanne Conway to CBN: President Trump Exemplifies Humility | CBN News
Oh, my God, that woman needs a dictionary if she thinks Trump "exemplifies humility." Humility is the ability to be humble or modest. Trump is a lot of things, but humble and modest are not among them!

Old 08-30-2017, 01:39 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Nice to hear a man actually make contact with people on a REAL LEVEL. REFRESHING.
Agreed.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/as...-large-169.jpg

Old 08-30-2017, 01:42 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do you think Obama showed humility?
Do you think Obama is still president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies