Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 07:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
If you lump the Rinos in with the Dems, the GOP is not in control. Trumps biggest mistake at this date is the fact that there are still too many Obama appointees holding heir jobs, especially in the Justice department.
Hey, look...

Pubs making excuses for their self-inflicted paralysis.

They were pretty united against Obama.

They just don't like having responsibility for governing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 07:48 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hey, look...

Pubs making excuses for their self-inflicted paralysis.

They were pretty united against Obama.

They just don't like having responsibility for governing.

Just pointing out that Dems and Rinos are of the same mind. "Big Government Good". "The electorate is too stupid to do its own thing". And so on.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They've won over 1,000 seats, yes, but is that control? No.
It's deep and widespread control. Over 50% does it.

Quote:
Didn't you ever learn Civics in school?
I did OK in math.

You?

Old 08-31-2017, 08:02 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
It's deep and widespread control. Over 50% does it.

I did OK in math.
Apparently not, as you're unaware that the GOP does not have a supermajority in the Senate.

Do you even know what that means?

Old 08-31-2017, 08:34 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Its like I told my daughter about using the word "but". Everything you said before using that word can be discounted because when you say "but" you don't mean any of it...........

Old 08-31-2017, 08:36 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Its like I told my daughter about using the word "but". Everything you said before using that word can be discounted because when you say "but" you don't mean any of it...........
Hopefully your daughter will develop an ability to discern nuance that you haven't.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:42 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The "What If" arguments are even more absurd. That's what children do.
No it isn't.

What if deals with a hypothetical situation that, when done well, can actually reveal something interesting.

Yes but is shifting the blame, usually for petty reasons.

At worst, the "what if" is just off topic and not immediately helpful. At best, "yes, but" is just some idiot trying to avoid self critique.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:44 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Is anyone else here tired of the "yes, buts?"

I am not pointing a finger at any one person or any one philosophy, because it looks to me like there is plenty of guilt to go around, but damn...I am tired of the idea that bad behavior justifies bad behavior.

How about this, instead?

"Yes, and..."

No more, "Yes, A did this, but B did that first." Instead, why not "Yes, A did this, and B did that, and they are both wrong"?
I think a big part of the disconnect you are having is that if you criticize someone for actions that are presidential duties (like pardons for example) it does logically involve looking at other actions from other presidents in order to weigh the merits of the argument.

If it makes you feel better\worse this is very common and I've been through it with both the Obama, Bush and Clinton administrations. (Surely you remember the cons blaming everything on Obama and the libs responding by pointing out how it was Bush's fault? You're just noticing it more because the parties have reversed.)

It's called partisan bickering where they constantly attack the OTHER guy for things they blew off under THEIR guy.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:45 AM

Talking So desperate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Apparently not, as you're unaware that the GOP does not have a supermajority in the Senate.

Do you even know what that means?
You call that a comeback?

Carry on.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
So the Pubs maintain the 5 - 4 advantage they've had for many years.

A huge gain.

It's huge considering they would have had a 4-5 disadvantage if Hillary had won. That would have shifted the SCOTUS for years.

Hopefully Trump gets a shot at 1 or 2 more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies