Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 01:13 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times

Advertisements

I really don't give a damn who sponsors it or how it works, as long as everyone is covered somehow, and no one goes bankrupt or dies because they can't pay the medical bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 01:15 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Kamala Harris announces she will co-sponsor single-payer healthcare | TheHill

You know with her on it it's bound to be a disaster.
Statists. The massive government intrusion into healthcare that is Obamacare has been such a disaster, the lesson learned is to double down on the government intrusion into healthcare.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I really don't give a damn who sponsors it or how it works, as long as everyone is covered somehow, and no one goes bankrupt or dies because they can't pay the medical bills.
I have decades of first hand experience with single payer. Everyone is covered, but only the poorest of the poor use it. No one goes bankrupt, but plenty of people die on the 3-4 year waiting list for surgery. There's a reason anyone who can afford would never send their own kids to one of those hospitals.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:19 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
A lot of people disagree with you.
They are wrong. Health care is obviously not a right. Just as food, however vital, is not a right. And housing, however necessary, is not a right. You have to work for them.

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I've lived in countries where they have government health care. It's a separate but equal system, where no one but the ultra-poor would ever use the government system. A broken arm is a 24 hour wait at the ER. A surgery is a 3-4 year wait list. Everyone on this forum would still use our private insurance. It would just be the permanent underclass using the government system.

It's the same as public schools. I think it's great that the poorest neighborhoods have schools for their kids, but people like you and I would never send our kids to them.
Which countries? South America? I believe that it true there.

I have also lived in single payer system. Pretty much everyone use it, except the very old who see doctors all the time. The elderly prefer private clinics. The young see a doctor every other year for physical, and don't care for any additional insurance, because they get all they need from the single payer.

221 posts, read 187,310 times
Quote:
I think internet access should be a right. I can't imagine the "pursuit of happiness" without internet access.
The internet is a product, not necessary for the continuation of life. Didn't you learn that in your fancy school?

Old 08-31-2017, 01:20 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
I have decades of first hand experience with single payer. Everyone is covered, but only the poorest of the poor use it. No one goes bankrupt, but plenty of people die on the 3-4 year waiting list for surgery. There's a reason anyone who can afford would never send their own kids to one of those hospitals.

No one believes you.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:22 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No one believes you.
Have you interviewed "everyone", asked if they believe him, and collected all your answers to present us with this conclusion?

Or did you make it up out of thin air, and figure that since you wish it was true, it must be true?

Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No one believes you.
I think he is talking about Nicaragua, or countries of that class. They have issues with 24 hour waits in the ER and poor overall services. I have been to ER in Europe, and the wait was about 15 minutes.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,076 times
Well hate it or love it, this is exactly the kind of thing that Democrats need to be doing. Put forth your vision for us. What bills are you trying to get through? Show us, tell us.

Condemning Trump is all well and good, but the people need to see a bold alternative vision to what he and the Republicans can offer for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies