Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 08:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,559,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
There have been state based experiments.

The reason none will work is simple - not enough money.
One more thing to add: Besides successful state programs like the one in Massachusetts, if individual states don't have money to run their own systems, then they should appeal to the federal government for help. I'm optimistic about the current proposal from Lindsay Graham which would give money to the states to run their own programs. Again, this would be better than trying to force a national program on all 50 states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 08:43 PM

18,728 posts, read 8,336,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2 4 View Post
Game, Set, Match.

We should just shut everything down, if HC is going to be an economic black-hole that sucks in all the value produced by the economy.

It is amazing that you still don't get it. You don't even seem to be able to see it.

ONLY market forces will drive costs down and quality up. OPM will do the opposite, until there is nothing left for food, or clothing or anything else.

My friend, you have slid down the slippery slope and crashed at the bottom. I'll put up a headstone for you!!!!
Whether we go more free markets or centrally controlled there will not be enough money.

IMO we will continue to see incremental moves toward more universal care over time. And as always find that our limits are in our ability to provide all those necessary HC services, not the fiat USD.

With proper planning we can provide for our future HC needs, and not have to balk at central spending to assist Houston and Fla with their current climactic problems.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
One more thing to add: Besides successful state programs like the one in Massachusetts, if individual states don't have money to run their own systems, then they should appeal to the federal government for help. I'm optimistic about the current proposal from Lindsay Graham which would give money to the states to run their own programs. Again, this would be better than trying to force a national program on all 50 states.
States might succeed as long as they can pass off Medicare to the feds.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,218,348 times
last time Democrats passed a health care bill we all got screwed with our premiums going up over 70% and benefits cut......NO thank you, Democrats, sit this one out.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:53 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,710,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I've lived in countries where they have government health care. It's a separate but equal system, where no one but the ultra-poor would ever use the government system. A broken arm is a 24 hour wait at the ER. A surgery is a 3-4 year wait list. Everyone on this forum would still use our private insurance. It would just be the permanent underclass using the government system.

It's the same as public schools. I think it's great that the poorest neighborhoods have schools for their kids, but people like you and I would never send our kids to them.
I pay 11k a year in school taxes. My kid goes to public school and gets a top notch education. What the heck are you talking about?

Old 09-08-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
States might succeed as long as they can pass off Medicare to the feds.

great, more Medicare fraud! the CBO reported in 2010 alone Medicare fraud was 48 billion and it was impossible to catch the rest of the fraud, meaning there are more and you want to have a federal Medicare system for all....that will not only downgrade the quality of our healthcare services but bankrupt this nation.

the federal government has proved it can't run a Federal Single Payer system in an efficient and competent way without lots of fraud and bad management...look at Medicare and the VA.

These are the 14 most populated countries on earth, in order:

1) China
2) India
3) United States
4) Indonesia
5) Brazil
6) Pakistan
7) Nigeria
8) Bangladesh
9) Russia
10) Mexico
11) Ethiopia
12) Philippines
13) Egypt
14) Vietnam

all have a national single payer system for the exception of the U.S.A....guess which one in that list has the best care and access.....none of you will replace your healthcare for anyone of those countries in this list.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
great, more Medicare fraud! the CBO reported in 2010 alone Medicare fraud was 48 billion and it was impossible to catch the rest of the fraud, meaning there are more and you want to have a federal Medicare system for all....that will not only downgrade the quality of our healthcare services but bankrupt this nation.

the federal government has proved it can't run a Federal Single Payer system in an efficient and competent way without lots of fraud and bad management...look at Medicare and the VA.

These are the 14 most populated countries on earth, in order:

1) China
2) India
3) United States
4) Indonesia
5) Brazil
6) Pakistan
7) Nigeria
8) Bangladesh
9) Russia
10) Mexico
11) Ethiopia
12) Philippines
13) Egypt
14) Vietnam

all have a national single payer system for the exception of the U.S.A....guess which one in that list has the best care and access.....none of you will replace your healthcare for anyone of those countries in this list.
I don't preach single payer or Medicare for all. Just seniors right now, thank you!

I would support a public option. And that of course could take some ideas from Medicare, and probably share some administrative resources.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,708,178 times
Kamala Harris...talk about baggage. Hers makes Hillary's seem like carry-on. Well, almost.

Beyond that, let's call Medicare for All what the Dems really want it to be: Obamacare for Seniors, Too.

Yes, that's right. Notwithstanding the fact that Medicare is NOT "single-payer," it's KILLING them that those on Medicare are exempt from any ACA mandate, and they'd love to toss seniors in the mix to pick their pockets, too.

Wake up, sheeple.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:

I would support a public option..
you mean a volunteer option? ......since when the FEDS gives the option to the people to be in their managed programs?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you mean a volunteer option? ......since when the FEDS gives the option to the people to be in their managed programs?
Medicare HMO's are optional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies